TrippleA785 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Do I have to lose fat before I can put on muscle or can I do both at the same time?

Hey guys I'm a 15 year old football player. I'll tell you how big, strong, and athletic I am, and I have a couple questions.
    Weight: 215lb
    Height: 5'7 1/2
    Bench: 205
    Squat: 295
    Clean: 155
    Vertical: 18 inches
    40 yd: 5.4

So I'm somewhat muscular and a bit chubby , I don't know my bmi at the moment. I want to have a good athletic body and good bmi but stay around the same weight. If I want to add muscle and lose fat can I do it at the same time? Or do I have to cut down first then add muscle? If I were to do so at the same time what would I do, would I have a calorie deficit? If I were to cut down would I lose strength? If I were to cut down is their a way to maintain strength because I want to keep moving forward not backward?

Also my position at the moment is Defensive Tackle if that helps, I would like to be a fullback, runningback, or linebacker. Please be specific thanks!

PrinceAikins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PrinceAikins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PrinceAikins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PrinceAikins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PrinceAikins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PrinceAikins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PrinceAikins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PrinceAikins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PrinceAikins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PrinceAikins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PrinceAikins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TrippleA785 View Post
    Hey guys I'm a 15 year old football player. I'll tell you how big, strong, and athletic I am, and I have a couple questions.

So I'm somewhat muscular and a bit chubby , I don't know my bmi at the moment. I want to have a good athletic body and good bmi but stay around the same weight. If I want to add muscle and lose fat can I do it at the same time? Or do I have to cut down first then add muscle? If I were to do so at the same time what would I do, would I have a calorie deficit? If I were to cut down would I lose strength? If I were to cut down is their a way to maintain strength because I want to keep moving forward not backward?

Also my position at the moment is Defensive Tackle if that helps, I would like to be a fullback, runningback, or linebacker. Please be specific thanks!
    If you're just starting out, you WILL be able to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.
    As you progress you will have to pick one or the other for great results. (Bulking or cutting)
    Last edited by PrinceAikins; 04-15-2013 at 07:51 AM.

iForce Nutrition Athlete Bikinidiva's Avatar
    Bikinidiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bikinidiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bikinidiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bikinidiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bikinidiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bikinidiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bikinidiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bikinidiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bikinidiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bikinidiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bikinidiva will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TrippleA785 View Post

hey there! I am a bikini competitor and I can tell you what I had to do. I had to lose the weight first and then build up the muscle by slowly adding carbs into my diet. I put on about 10 pounds on my off season and then I cut back down to see how well it went. It is very hard to lose and build at the same time. Not saying it cant be done, but it is difficult. Hope this helps.
    B.S. in Nutrition with a Minor in Health and Wellness/Kinesiology
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------