Summerpen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Advice for lean muscle gain?

Ok so I'm a 15 yr old female swimmer/runner, but just had surgery on shoulder a little over a month ago. I have been doing leg weights and low impact cardio 3-4 times a week. I weigh 122.4 and body fat % is aprox. 23.4%. I want to make sure I keep fat off while recovering,while also gaining lean muscle. I'm confused about how much macronutrients/calories I should be eating in order to accomplish this! So many different ways of doing it! Some say eat 1500 calories and others 2300...and different macronutrient percentages. Right now I'm doing 2110.0 calories a day, and 50% carbs 35% protien and 15% fat. Along with my cardio/weight lift workouts 45 minutes 3-4 days a week. Does this sound like I'm on the right track for now?

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You're 15. Eat healthy food when you're hungry, sleep plenty, keep a check on your shoulder, exercise as and when you feel like it, and spend your newfound free time hanging out with your friends. You're too you to be stressing about this cr@pola.

tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by happyplace View Post
    You're 15. Eat healthy food when you're hungry, sleep plenty, keep a check on your shoulder, exercise as and when you feel like it, and spend your newfound free time hanging out with your friends. You're too you to be stressing about this cr@pola.
    Ditto this!

Registered User jeannemadrigal2's Avatar
    jeannemadrigal2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeannemadrigal2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeannemadrigal2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeannemadrigal2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeannemadrigal2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeannemadrigal2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeannemadrigal2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeannemadrigal2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeannemadrigal2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeannemadrigal2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeannemadrigal2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    For lean muscle gain you must be strict in your diet and exercise .!

Mangosnap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I also agree with Happyplace. Your too young to be looking into so much detail about your food intake. Your body will change over time so it's best to keep it simple and just stick to the healthy portions with lots of water.

proslacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Similar situation here, leangains and training.

Hi guys basically I've been on leangains and intermittent fasting for 3 weeks, aiming for a body recomp/a very very slow bulk to lower BF to 20%

My stats are 166cm female, 56kg, BF 23.5%. TDEE 2100 cals

Macro breakdown:
    Training days 2500 cal 210p/270c/55f
    Rest days 1900 cal 200p/80c/90f
    I've been told my protein intake is too high but I like eating large amounts of protein; was wondering if that will affect my goals in any way. Personally I don't like going overboard with carbs because it makes me bloat and I seem to go soft with a long term high carb intake. Martin Berkhan recommends a 14/10 fast for females due to hormonal regulation issues - do you think I should keep to this, or go 16/8?

Training wise, I'm doing reverse pyramid training for BB bench (not for deadlifts or squats as I've sprained my lower back) and about 5 other exercises for 3-4 sets in the 10-20 rep range. I'm hitting the weights 3-4x per week, however sometimes I have to train at night at the end of my fasting window. In this case do I just ignore the recommendation to consume most cals post WO and break my fast as usual? My feeding window is 1-10pm and I don't like fasting for too long nor consuming a ton of calories although I'm stuffed.

Another question, is it okay to train completely fasted (not even BCAAs) in the morning? Or would that be detrimental to lean mass gains?

Really appreciate your comments and advice!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by proslacker View Post
    Hi guys basically I've been on leangains and intermittent fasting for 3 weeks, aiming for a body recomp/a very very slow bulk to lower BF to 20%

My stats are 166cm female, 56kg, BF 23.5%. TDEE 2100 cals

Macro breakdown:
    Training days 2500 cal 210p/270c/55f
    Rest days 1900 cal 200p/80c/90f
    I've been told my protein intake is too high but I like eating large amounts of protein; was wondering if that will affect my goals in any way. Personally I don't like going overboard with carbs because it makes me bloat and I seem to go soft with a long term high carb intake. Martin Berkhan recommends a 14/10 fast for females due to hormonal regulation issues - do you think I should keep to this, or go 16/8?

Training wise, I'm doing reverse pyramid training for BB bench (not for deadlifts or squats as I've sprained my lower back) and about 5 other exercises for 3-4 sets in the 10-20 rep range. I'm hitting the weights 3-4x per week, however sometimes I have to train at night at the end of my fasting window. In this case do I just ignore the recommendation to consume most cals post WO and break my fast as usual? My feeding window is 1-10pm and I don't like fasting for too long nor consuming a ton of calories although I'm stuffed.

Another question, is it okay to train completely fasted (not even BCAAs) in the morning? Or would that be detrimental to lean mass gains?

Really appreciate your comments and advice!
    Why do switch up calories on training vs non training days? Rest days are important and the extra calories help with recovery. There's many different approaches to using IF. I myself have always trained fasted and use a 17-18 hr fast.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

proslacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    Why do switch up calories on training vs non training days? Rest days are important and the extra calories help with recovery. There's many different approaches to using IF. I myself have always trained fasted and use a 17-18 hr fast.
    Basically calorie intake is less on rest days as energy expenditure is less. It also compensates for the caloric surplus on training days. That's a fundamental tenet of Leangains from what I gather.