Crazedwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazedwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazedwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazedwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazedwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazedwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazedwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazedwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazedwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazedwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazedwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Carb+fat loss debate

A really good friend of mine gave a speech in class today about nutrition and how to burn fat while keeping his muscle.

At the end, another class mate and former good friend of ours/work out partner tried arguing his point and saying that you can eat 1000 carbs a day and still burn day even with low cardio...

Now being moderately aware and full of common sense I thought to myself that 1000 carbs = 4000 calories and then you add the calories gained from carbs and protein, and I thought this guy has NO idea what he's talking about.

Thing his he is ripped and people listen to everything he says because of it.
    The catch? He roids. He doesn't even work legs... Ever. He just juices like crazy and got big in a matter of months without doing ****...

That aside people believe him because he's big so of course they thing he must know what he's talking about.

Anyway he is still sticking with his stance and I'm looking for back up from you guys. Please tell me I'm not crazy.

(Crazy awesome not included jafeel)
    Height: 5'10

Weight: 174
    Swag: Infinite

Brahs and lady brahs,
    DINO Alpha Squat Squad On Deck!

AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    People will believe what they want to believe, there is only so much you can do to change their minds.

It's really not your problem.

Crazedwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazedwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazedwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazedwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazedwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazedwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazedwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazedwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazedwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazedwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazedwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AJL1 View Post
    People will believe what they want to believe, there is only so much you can do to change their minds.

It's really not your problem.
    I've learned this recently. People always ask me for advice and tips but they ignore everything I tell them even though I can back it up with scientific facts...
    People like being lazy.
    So they choose to believe they can eat candy and fast food all day and burn fat

Brahs and lady brahs,

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If your maintenance cals are 4800 or 5000, then yeah, you could eat 1000g of carbs while losing weight. It all depends on how many calories it takes to maintain *your* bodyweight.

Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer View Post
    If your maintenance cals are 4800 or 5000, then yeah, you could eat 1000g of carbs while losing weight. It all depends on how many calories it takes to maintain *your* bodyweight.
    Alright but then that means you're eating 55 grams of fat and 125 grams of protein PER DAY.
    Who's going to have 5000 calorie maintenance if they Aren't working out enough to achieve that and therefore would be taking in body weight+ in protein?

No it's silly. No ones gonna take in 1000 carbs a day and lose weight. I'm not saying its not possible I'm just saying that's like doing an advanced physics problem by hand when you have a computer RIGHT NEXT TO YOU that would get the job done in a fraction of the time.

Brahs and lady brahs,

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Crazedwink View Post
    Alright but then that means you're eating 55 grams of fat and 125 grams of protein PER DAY.
    Who's going to have 5000 calorie maintenance if they Aren't working out enough to achieve that and therefore would be taking in body weight+ in protein?

No it's silly. No ones gonna take in 1000 carbs a day and lose weight. I'm not saying its not possible I'm just saying that's like doing an advanced physics problem by hand when you have a computer RIGHT NEXT TO YOU that would get the job done in a fraction of the time.
    Pretty sure he meant that, to a large extent, it doesn't matter what % of your calories comes from carbs. In other words - the number of grams of carbs per se, isn't what determines your weight/fat loss. I dunno cus I wasn't there, but that's usually how a lotta people say it when they mean what i just described.

TERMplus is a name known to all. (+5000) TERMplus is a name known to all. (+5000) TERMplus is a name known to all. (+5000) TERMplus is a name known to all. (+5000) TERMplus is a name known to all. (+5000) TERMplus is a name known to all. (+5000) TERMplus is a name known to all. (+5000) TERMplus is a name known to all. (+5000) TERMplus is a name known to all. (+5000) TERMplus is a name known to all. (+5000) TERMplus is a name known to all. (+5000)

I guess he was just trying to get the point across about kcal intake being the primary factor in weight loss. However, you're also right in the sense that he's not giving any practical, real world example, but I think he's just trying to make a point.
    If you have any question regarding health, fitness, nutrition, or anything else (really, ANYthing), feel free to PM me.

Yeah I see what you're saying I'm just saying anyone who's burning enough calories per day to allow 4000 calories from carbs and still be in deficit is either a marathon runner (who has no problem
    Or business discussing weight loss anyway) or an extreme power lifter. If the latter than they are GOING to take in their body weight or more in protein. So they now won't be in a calorie deficit and will have to start burning even more calories per day. It just won't be done, I believe it's too much work and extremely counter productive for a body builder

Brahs and lady brahs,