Thread: Vegan nutrition

Pamski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Vegan nutrition

Hi guys,

Any one following a vegan weight loss plan? I'm a very strict vegetarian who has just started out in the fitness world and I want to lose some weight. I'm approx 72kg and 5ft 3. I've noticed that I'm struggling to find the energy to complete my workout at the moment and i'm only doing cardio

Any advice would be great, sample meal plans would be even better.

Thanks

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    well, you get "energy" from calories from ANY source, particularly carbs, so that's not a problem for vegans. Getting sufficient protein without animal sources is too difficult, which is why I returned to eating animal protein after over 10 years of strict veganism and an entire lifetime of vegetarianism.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

rst7899 is not very well liked. (-100) rst7899 is not very well liked. (-100) rst7899 is not very well liked. (-100) rst7899 is not very well liked. (-100) rst7899 is not very well liked. (-100) rst7899 is not very well liked. (-100) rst7899 is not very well liked. (-100) rst7899 is not very well liked. (-100) rst7899 is not very well liked. (-100) rst7899 is not very well liked. (-100) rst7899 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Check out Vega products. Amazing, real ingredients, not synthetic crap. Also a vegan triathlete winner made this company. It's very high quality and it actually tastes good. I work at a health food store and I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition and I've tried and researched a lot of products.

Originally Posted by Pamski View Post
    Hi guys,

Any one following a vegan weight loss plan? I'm a very strict vegetarian who has just started out in the fitness world and I want to lose some weight. I'm approx 72kg and 5ft 3. I've noticed that I'm struggling to find the energy to complete my workout at the moment and i'm only doing cardio

Thanks

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I lost a lot of weight when I quit being vegetarian. Most likely due to finally getting enough protein. I'd look into a good quality protein powder which you can bake/cook with, eg breads, soups, shakes, cakes, bars etc. Pea, rice, soy and hemp are all available. You might be low on fat intake, I also had that problem as a vegetarian. And iron. Do you have any idea what your current calorie intake and macros are? If not you really need to try tracking your intake very accurately. I expect your low energy issues will be evident pretty quickly.

WHY are you only doing cardio??????

Originally Posted by happyplace View Post
    I lost a lot of weight when I quit being vegetarian. Most likely due to finally getting enough protein. I'd look into a good quality protein powder which you can bake/cook with, eg breads, soups, shakes, cakes, bars etc. Pea, rice, soy and hemp are all available. You might be low on fat intake, I also had that problem as a vegetarian. And iron. Do you have any idea what your current calorie intake and macros are? If not you really need to try tracking your intake very accurately. I expect your low energy issues will be evident pretty quickly.

WHY are you only doing cardio??????
    Thanks for the replies guys. I've considered starting to eat fish but unfortunately I'm an ethical vegetarian and can't justify it. I go through phases of being able to eat eggs, but quite often I can't face them. I can eat dairy but have to limit it as it makes me feel crap. if I have a lot.

I'm only doing cardio at the gym as when I went for my induction the instructor said that I need to lose fat to expose the muscle underneath and that there wasn't much point in doing weights until I'd lost the fat. They were also worried as I had major abdo surgery last year and they didn't want me to hurt myself. Also to be honest, I'm a little intimidated by the weights at the gym and the guys that are always on them ! Pathetic I know. I have some free weights and am going to get a bench but I think its confidence I have issues with. I do yoga and some resisitence exercises but I'm aware that its not going to be long before I need to be hitting the weight machines.

litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi guys,

Thanks
    13 year veggie checking in, follow marcos and youll be good, how long have you ben vegan?

Originally Posted by litttlemiss View Post
    13 year veggie checking in, follow marcos and youll be good, how long have you ben vegan?
    Hi! I'm not fully vegan yet, its something I feel drawn too. I did a month of full veganism (hard core I know! lol) and I felt great. 4 months after going back to a vegetarian diet, I crashed with severe anaemia due to a crap diet and a severe illness. I'd love to get back to it. The exercise is something that I'm just starting out with at the age of 35 as i don't want to be 'fat & 40'. I've been looking through some of the threads and from those i've seen - most people don't believe its possible to mix vegi nutrition with fitness.
    Can I ask - what are macros? Total beginner lol

inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm only doing cardio at the gym as when I went for my induction the instructor said that I need to lose fat to expose the muscle underneath and that there wasn't much point in doing weights until I'd lost the fat.
    Not true. You need to be lifting weights now to preserve the muscle that you already have while losing fat.

Registered User jeannemadrigal2's Avatar
    jeannemadrigal2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeannemadrigal2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeannemadrigal2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeannemadrigal2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeannemadrigal2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeannemadrigal2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeannemadrigal2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeannemadrigal2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeannemadrigal2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeannemadrigal2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeannemadrigal2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    No i'm not following the vegan weight loss plan . but i think its working ...!