[Maryland]Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) [Maryland]Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) [Maryland]Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) [Maryland]Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) [Maryland]Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) [Maryland]Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) [Maryland]Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) [Maryland]Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) [Maryland]Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) [Maryland]Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) [Maryland]Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

From 212 to 165...My 5 month Transformation

I came down to start my freshman year of college and decided I was going to make a change. I wanted to completely transform myself before the summer...that was my goal. Well, I am pretty pleased with my progress so far. I started working out and completely changed my diet. These are 2 pictures of my progress.

The first 2 pictures were taken on the 18th of November 2006. I was right about 187 lbs at this time. I didn't start taking pics until I lost a little bit of weight. The next 2 pictures were taken today at my current weight of 165 lbs. I wish I was a bit more cut then I am, but I think I still need to shed a few more pounds and I think my skin needs to tighten up a bit. Hopefully I will have some pretty good ab definition and lower pec definition by summer. Any advice is greatly appreciated...thanks alot!
    Attached Images

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    great work mate... imo u prob lost it a bit too fast hence u have the loose skin but at least its gone, hopefully with more progress that will all tighten up for you. Great work tho keep at it bet u feel hundred times better
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

NuttingToIt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NuttingToIt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NuttingToIt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NuttingToIt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NuttingToIt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NuttingToIt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NuttingToIt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NuttingToIt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NuttingToIt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NuttingToIt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    noice. whats your routine?

[Maryland]Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) [Maryland]Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) [Maryland]Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) [Maryland]Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) [Maryland]Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) [Maryland]Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) [Maryland]Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) [Maryland]Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) [Maryland]Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) [Maryland]Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) [Maryland]Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    great work mate... imo u prob lost it a bit too fast hence u have the loose skin but at least its gone, hopefully with more progress that will all tighten up for you. Great work tho keep at it bet u feel hundred times better
    Thanks bro, and yea I certainly do feel 100 times better. Its so nice now to be able to take my shirt off and be confident with my appearance, and I just feel so much healthier...its great. I want to wait to start bulking until the summer is over because I want to try to get some ab definition, but hopefully the skin should tighten up a bit in the next 4 months.

jaymar320 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymar320 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymar320 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymar320 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymar320 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymar320 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymar320 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymar320 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymar320 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymar320 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymar320 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome job... what u been doing?
    12/09/06 - 254 lbs. (Peak after bulk)
    04/01/07 - 231 lbs. (Lowest after cut)
    Current - 245 lbs. (off to a good start; thanks muscle memory)

New Goal: 270 pounds at 16-18% by 09/01/07

Originally Posted by NuttingToIt View Post
    noice. whats your routine?
    I lift 5 times a week.
    Monday: Chest
    Tuesday: Bi's and Tri's
    Wed: Legs
    Thur: Back
    Fri: Shoulders

I run for 20 min every day of the week. I am pretty good about sticking to my diet. I eat really low carb for most of the week and then have a decent amount of carbs on Saturday.

Originally Posted by jaymar320 View Post
    Awesome job... what u been doing?
    I think sticking to my diet has been the main thing that has led me to my success. I eat clean for the majority of the month....I want to hit my target so badly before summer that I don't allow many cheat days at all.

monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great job man. Keep your goal in mind, use it as motivation, and I'm sure you will continue to make gains.
    Redskins | San Antonio Basketball Team | Washington Baseball Team | Washington Hockey Team

*** MISC Cigar Crew ***

Originally Posted by monsterBEN View Post
    Great job man. Keep your goal in mind, use it as motivation, and I'm sure you will continue to make gains.
    Thanks bro, I'm excited about what the next 3-4 months are going to bring...and then to start my first official real bulk in late August.

vin1382 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vin1382 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vin1382 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vin1382 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vin1382 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vin1382 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vin1382 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vin1382 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vin1382 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vin1382 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vin1382 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    good job. you look much better. the only issue i see is that you dont have much muscle mass underneath. so you may have ot keep cutting and cutting in order to see muscles, and then when u do see them, u might be dissapointed because nothing will really stick out or jump out if you know what i mean(i had the same problem). its good you are strict on your diet, because with that you will be able to achieve any goal you want. how low have you cut your cals/carbs/protein?

Originally Posted by vin1382 View Post
    good job. you look much better. the only issue i see is that you dont have much muscle mass underneath. so you may have ot keep cutting and cutting in order to see muscles, and then when u do see them, u might be dissapointed because nothing will really stick out or jump out if you know what i mean(i had the same problem). its good you are strict on your diet, because with that you will be able to achieve any goal you want. how low have you cut your cals/carbs/protein?
    I eat between 1800-2100 calories a day. I have acutally gone sort of atkins with my diet...180-200g protein, 20-40g carbs, and 40-60g of fat. Would it be a good idea to try and bulk until March 18th or so if I started tomorrow and then try to cut again? Clean bulk then cut starting Mid March? Would that help build a bit more mass?

vin1382 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vin1382 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vin1382 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vin1382 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vin1382 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vin1382 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vin1382 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vin1382 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vin1382 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vin1382 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vin1382 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by [Maryland]Man View Post
    I eat between 1800-2100 calories a day. I have acutally gone sort of atkins with my diet...180-200g protein, 20-40g carbs, and 40-60g of fat. Would it be a good idea to try and bulk until March 18th or so if I started tomorrow and then try to cut again? Clean bulk then cut starting Mid March? Would that help build a bit more mass?

how tall are you?

hmm, im not sure how much lbm you could realistically put on in about a month bulking to make it worth it. i would actually slow down the cut, but continue to do so. i think you might be losing too much weight too fast. you've lost ~50 lbs in 5 months which is about a little more then 2.5 lbs a week. i'm currently in a cut, i started at 214.5 and now i am at 182.5. that was in 6 months, and ive stayed pretty tight throughout, and am starting to see some abs, definition throughout my body. ive maintaind just about all my strength, so i know i hadnt lost much muscle. i know when i cut last time, i lost 40 lbs in about 4 months or less, and i lost all my strength muscle, and even tho i was 160, i still had a small gut/love handles, sagginess. i think you should up your cals slightly, keep your protein the same, raise ur carbs up a bit(maybe around 130-150). and watch ur weight/strength for a few weeks..if you start gainin weight, pull back slightly on the carbs. u should want to lose about 1 lb a week, and try to maintain or gain strength, however small. the problem with losing weight too fast is ur body goes into starvation mode, and it retains fat, so u wont see ur muscles until ur ethiopian like. also it will mess up ur metabolism. the change should be gradual..even though it sucks becuase you have to be patient.

keep postin pics as u progress. ur def on the right track though. determination is the most important aspect, and then strategy.

Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by [Maryland]Man View Post
    I lift 5 times a week.
    Monday: Chest
    Tuesday: Bi's and Tri's
    Wed: Legs
    Thur: Back
    Fri: Shoulders

I run for 20 min every day of the week. I am pretty good about sticking to my diet. I eat really low carb for most of the week and then have a decent amount of carbs on Saturday.
    good job bro! I'm in Md myself and lost about 45 lbs in about 6 or so months, so I feel you there.

If I may add one thing about your routine? Do your Chest & Tris together on the same day and Back & Bi's together as well. A lot of tricep work goes along with the benching and you may see more progress if you work them together, working the tris 2 days in a row could lead to overtraining.. just a suggestion. Looking good though keep it up!

Originally Posted by vin1382 View Post
    how tall are you?

hmm, im not sure how much lbm you could realistically put on in about a month bulking to make it worth it. i would actually slow down the cut, but continue to do so. i think you might be losing too much weight too fast. you've lost ~50 lbs in 5 months which is about a little more then 2.5 lbs a week. i'm currently in a cut, i started at 214.5 and now i am at 182.5. that was in 6 months, and ive stayed pretty tight throughout, and am starting to see some abs, definition throughout my body. ive maintaind just about all my strength, so i know i hadnt lost much muscle. i know when i cut last time, i lost 40 lbs in about 4 months or less, and i lost all my strength muscle, and even tho i was 160, i still had a small gut/love handles, sagginess. i think you should up your cals slightly, keep your protein the same, raise ur carbs up a bit(maybe around 130-150). and watch ur weight/strength for a few weeks..if you start gainin weight, pull back slightly on the carbs. u should want to lose about 1 lb a week, and try to maintain or gain strength, however small. the problem with losing weight too fast is ur body goes into starvation mode, and it retains fat, so u wont see ur muscles until ur ethiopian like. also it will mess up ur metabolism. the change should be gradual..even though it sucks becuase you have to be patient.

keep postin pics as u progress. ur def on the right track though. determination is the most important aspect, and then strategy.
    Thanks alot for the advice bro....I will take that advice and start changing it up tomorrow. I will continue to post pics in this thread of my progress...thanks again.

Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    good job bro! I'm in Md myself and lost about 45 lbs in about 6 or so months, so I feel you there.

If I may add one thing about your routine? Do your Chest & Tris together on the same day and Back & Bi's together as well. A lot of tricep work goes along with the benching and you may see more progress if you work them together, working the tris 2 days in a row could lead to overtraining.. just a suggestion. Looking good though keep it up!
    Thanks alot, yea I will try the new workout plan here next week. It will give me an opportunity to change it up a bit. We lost about the same haha...where abouts in MD are you from? I'm an Annapolis man myself...gotta love Annapolis.