Ludste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Greg Plitt's MFT28 good for me?

The program has a low carb - high protein diet which is what makes me uncertain if it would be good for me. I'm currently 17 years old and not very muscular.

Is low carb - high protein really ideal for me? I've heard that in the teens you should rely on getting enough calories and that carbs play a big role in that.

I've also got a high metabolism in case that matters.

Could you guys help me out?
    Last edited by Ludste; 04-06-2013 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Additional info

Pondeyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pondeyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pondeyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pondeyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pondeyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pondeyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pondeyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pondeyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pondeyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pondeyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pondeyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not really ideal. If you want to build muscle, you need to be on a caloric surplus. You can google "caloric needs calculator" or something to find out what you need, then you add 500 or so each day to that. That way your muscles can grow, when you have extra energy.

Also, you need around 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight (thats 2 grams/kg), and dont listen to any1 telling you different. As you can see on the article of "bodybuilding supplements" on wikipedia ," Endurance athletes in aerobic activity may have increased daily protein intake at 1.2-1.4 g per kg body weight per day where strength training athletes performing anaerobic activity may have increased daily protein intake needs at 1.4-1.8 g per kg body weight". However, you also need fat (around 100grams a day), fill the rest up with carbs. Since you need alot of carbs to get your energy amounts in, consider macros like 180p/350?c/100f.

Sorry that i couldnt link the page but i guess you`ll find it easily.

austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) austinwichita has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Eat. Eat like a fat man. Eat everything and anything carbs. Avoid too many fried foods, they just slide through people, and it's not as good as eating a ****ton of pizza or pasta, but if you get a bucket of chicken (*&&ing eat it in one go and make me proud.

There's really no limit to how much food you can eat, if you're working out 5 days a week. Can't really tell what you look like because you don't have a photo posted, but this is pretty sound advice for ANYONE who is trying to build mass.

Ludste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Pondeyo and austinwichita, thank you guys!

Valerun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Valerun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Valerun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Valerun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Valerun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Valerun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Valerun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Valerun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Valerun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Valerun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Valerun is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ludste View Post
    The program has a low carb - high protein diet which is what makes me uncertain if it would be good for me. I'm currently 17 years old and not very muscular.

Is low carb - high protein really ideal for me? I've heard that in the teens you should rely on getting enough calories and that carbs play a big role in that.

I've also got a high metabolism in case that matters.

Could you guys help me out?
    What are you goals?