Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mm4038 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mm4038 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mm4038 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mm4038 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mm4038 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mm4038 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mm4038 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mm4038 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mm4038 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mm4038 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mm4038 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

what % of young men are ripped these days

Looking at men age I guess 15-29, ones who are technically in the age range that young women typically date, how many of these guys are ripped or at least toned and lean with good lbm and 10% bf.

When going out for groceries or whatever, I keep seeing fat people everywhere, and people who will never lift or even cut. In the internet fantasy world that I live in, you have to be a 8.5/10 blue eyed male model with a ripped 6'1"+ body to get any decent young women with regularity. However I rarely ever see guys like that in real life, and I'm always observing guys when I am out. Of course the 2-3 guys I know with those stats are successful, but they are so rare that it makes me question how 80% of men even get laid with non-obese women.

Does being ripped and at least average height really put you "up there"? I would say that only 5-10% of men in age 15-29 are significantly ripped or have a hot body (whether that be toned or huge which is even rarer).

Do you guys think it is common for men this age to be ripped? Sure maybe in a university athletic squad or something, but take the average college kid in the US, most likely he will have never even been inside a gym in his life.

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If your defining ripped as guys with a 6 pack your looking at less than 2-5% of the population I would bet. If your talking about guys who are muscular and have a 6 pack your probably talking a fraction of that. Being muscular and lean is a biological anomaly. It takes an energy surplus to build a lot of muscle and an extreme deficit to be very lean. Managing to have both take an incredible balancing act or freakish genetics.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

mm4038 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mm4038 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mm4038 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mm4038 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mm4038 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mm4038 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mm4038 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mm4038 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mm4038 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mm4038 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mm4038 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Electricheadd View Post
    If your defining ripped as guys with a 6 pack your looking at less than 2-5% of the population I would bet. If your talking about guys who are muscular and have a 6 pack your probably talking a fraction of that. Being muscular and lean is a biological anomaly. It takes an energy surplus to build a lot of muscle and an extreme deficit to be very lean. Managing to have both take an incredible balancing act or freakish genetics.
    holy ****, so it's worse than I had imagined..

so basically you have 2-5% of young men who have skinnyfat-esque abs, and like 1% who are in Greg Plitt tier (I mean his body, considering his face he is even higher).

so I guess being lean and muscular is never gonna happen for 99% of us on this forum...why are we even here?

Also why do you think this is the case, because most guys are just lazy/ignorant or because it is unattainable even with max effort so they don't try, or it provides no benefit (i.e. face = everything)?

Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    99% of the population has no clue what a macro is or the concept of bulk and cut cycles, 5-10% seems ridiculously optimistic. I'd say about 5% even goes to the gym, with sub 1% having an actual good body.

As long as people continue to believe carbs are the devil, bodyweight exercises build muscle and such notions, it'll definitely remain that way.

Originally Posted by Winfamy View Post
    99% of the population has no clue what a macro is or the concept of bulk and cut cycles, 5-10% seems ridiculously optimistic. I'd say about 5% even goes to the gym, with sub 1% having an actual good body.

As long as people continue to believe carbs are the devil, bodyweight exercises build muscle and such notions, it'll definitely remain that way.
    I guess by educating ourselves and being dedicated for years, we can stand out by having the best bodies possible (given our genetics). That is the only positive takeaway from this.

I also agree with you, most guys think that drinking raw eggs = a way to get ripped. I have a 6'1 friend (asian), lanky, and like 125 lbs, who says he will get ripped through supplements and nutrition. He is a super-ectomorph and will never even become slightly muscular yet he still thinks he will. Of course, he doesn't even lift and never will.

blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I wonder how much longer until OP gets banned...
    x

moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bout tree fiddy.

Originally Posted by blindspot13 View Post
    banned for making an intellectually stimulating topic that is 1000% relevant to everyone here?

face it, if you're here, in the back of your mind, you are trying to become a ripped **** after all of this

the whole point of this thread is to indicate how ****ing hard that is, it really sheds light on how hard you have to work and how lucky you have to be genetically to end up where most guys here dream of ending up

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by blindspot13 View Post
    Soon I hope. All of his threads go full retard.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mm4038 View Post
    holy ****, so it's worse than I had imagined..

so basically you have 2-5% of young men who have skinnyfat-esque abs, and like 1% who are in Greg Plitt tier (I mean his body, considering his face he is even higher).

so I guess being lean and muscular is never gonna happen for 99% of us on this forum...why are we even here?

Also why do you think this is the case, because most guys are just lazy/ignorant or because it is unattainable even with max effort so they don't try, or it provides no benefit (i.e. face = everything)?
    5% is absurd, I would think much closer to .5 - 1%. I've never met anyone, not associated with the gym I frequent, with a proper physique; go to the beach, maybe 3% of the guys could flex and show abs of some kind. Probably .5% could actually take their shirt off and be "ripped."

You're seriously splitting hairs when you start to mention people like zyzz, plitt, superturk, etc...

You realize that they were popular because of their genetic makeup, and they are in the top .001% of all humans as far as aesthetics. You also talk about these girls, probably ones you've made up in your mind, who are only attracted to these guys; who cares, if a girl is that shallow, do you really want to have anything to do with her?

I know I'm far from massively ripped, but I can take my shirt off and am pretty ripped compared to anyone I'll come in contact with. You've gone to the gym for what, a week? I have dedicated the past 6 months of my life to look better: for myself. Not some imaginary girl that will only accept me if I have 10/10 looks, but to have the confidence to take my shirt off at the beach and not feel embarrassed.

Originally Posted by AllApologies View Post
    5% is absurd, I would think much closer to .5 - 1%. I've never met anyone, not associated with the gym I frequent, with a proper physique; go to the beach, maybe 3% of the guys could flex and show abs of some kind. Probably .5% could actually take their shirt off and be "ripped."

You're seriously splitting hairs when you start to mention people like zyzz, plitt, superturk, etc...

You realize that they were popular because of their genetic makeup, and they are in the top .001% of all humans as far as aesthetics. You also talk about these girls, probably ones you've made up in your mind, who are only attracted to these guys; who cares, if a girl is that shallow, do you really want to have anything to do with her?

I know I'm far from massively ripped, but I can take my shirt off and am pretty ripped compared to anyone I'll come in contact with. You've gone to the gym for what, a week? I have dedicated the past 6 months of my life to look better: for myself. Not some imaginary girl that will only accept me if I have 10/10 looks, but to have the confidence to take my shirt off at the beach and not feel embarrassed.
    that does seem realistic to me, yes I mentioned it's all about genetics several times

I think most hot women are shallow, sure, it is unrealistic for me to be whining about not looking like plitt or any of those gods, but it's just so unfair that we can't have those genes, what are we supposed to do?

that's funny, every ad is about getting "ripped abs for the beach" and every thread is about "being ripped for the beach", and only 3% of beach visitors are ripped? What a lie all of that hype is. Most people are not attractive in any tangible way (face body height eye color) yet they are still deluded into thinking happiness exists.

moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    that does seem realistic to me, yes I mentioned it's all about genetics several times

I think most hot women are shallow, sure, it is unrealistic for me to be whining about not looking like plitt or any of those gods, but it's just so unfair that we can't have those genes, what are we supposed to do?

that's funny, every ad is about getting "ripped abs for the beach" and every thread is about "being ripped for the beach", and only 3% of beach visitors are ripped? What a lie all of that hype is. Most people are not attractive in any tangible way (face body height eye color) yet they are still deluded into thinking happiness exists.
    Their genes? Hahahaha.

If by genes you mean clenbuterol T3 and trenbolone sure.

Welcome to reality.

The only thing about their genes that makes them better is the shape of their muscles. The fact that they are huge yet ripped has nothing to do with their genes, it has to do with drugs.

AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Let's not call them "gods," they're just average guys who were born with good genes.

What are we supposed to do? We're born into the most prosperous time in human history, and we have the most opportunity than any other culture has had. We have information that previous generations could have never even dreamed to have known.

I promise you, not all "hot" women are "shallow." In fact, many aren't. Go on youtube, search "simplepickup," "rosscreations," "vitalyztv," all guys with average genetics, but manage more hot women than 99% of humanity.

Originally Posted by moore93 View Post
    Their genes? Hahahaha.

If by genes you mean clenbuterol T3 and trenbolone sure.

Welcome to reality.

The only thing about their genes that makes them better is the shape of their muscles. The fact that they are huge yet ripped has nothing to do with their genes, it has to do with drugs.
    Yes, but most of them had above average faces and some have colored eyes. Also their genes were above average as a base. If you give some 115lb 5'5" kid those things, he will still be a twig.

If you give some 115lb 5'5" kid those things, he will still be a twig.
    No, he won't. If they know how to exercise and diet.

Perfect example? Zyzz.

That's a genetic god If I've ever saw one.

No, he won't. If they know how to exercise and diet.

Perfect example? Zyzz.
    haahahahhahahaha

sure, but most people will go bald won't they? that would be the ultimate undoing for anyone using those subtances

haahahahhahahaha

sure, but most people will go bald won't they? that would be the ultimate undoing for anyone using those subtances
    No, they wouldn't

haahahahhahahaha

Only if they're predisposed to male pattern baldness and are highly affected by androgens.

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Insertions, muscle bellies and bone structure play a huge role in aesthetics. Anyone can get big and lean though.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

Only if they're predisposed to male pattern baldness and are highly affected by androgens.
    MPB is very common

Everyone does, lol. I'd say at least 50% of anyone that looks good in the Misc is on something. (srs)

Me? I had a receding hairline at age 17 so IDGAF, I shave my head anyways. Ugly c*nt for life.
    at least you are honest to admit bald= ugly for life

My father has perfect hair at 50, and so do I at 22, but I heard that you inherit it from your mother side, my mothers brother was bald in his 30s.

I've had a few women tell me I look good but they're full of shet. Lel.

Originally Posted by AllApologies View Post
    Let's not call them "gods," they're just average guys who were born with good genes.

What are we supposed to do? We're born into the most prosperous time in human history, and we have the most opportunity than any other culture has had. We have information that previous generations could have never even dreamed to have known.

I promise you, not all "hot" women are "shallow." In fact, many aren't. Go on youtube, search "simplepickup," "rosscreations," "vitalyztv," all guys with average genetics, but manage more hot women than 99% of humanity.
    lol, if those idiots managed more hot women than 99% of humanity, you wouldn't have lost weight or went to the gym, you could just eat mcdonalds all day and still pull 99% of the hotties. Get real, all of those guys are idiots with staged videos. A genuine hot girl (not one with fake blonde hair, fake tans, lots of makeup, etc), will date a handsome slayer type or a rich guy, that's guaranteed like the sun rising every morning.

the only legit PUA is Paul Janka, and of course, he doesn't need PUA, he is tall and pretty much male model tier.

lol, if those idiots managed more hot women than 99% of humanity, you wouldn't have lost weight or went to the gym, you could just eat mcdonalds all day and still pull 99% of the hotties. Get real, all of those guys are idiots with staged videos. A genuine hot girl (not one with fake blonde hair, fake tans, lots of makeup, etc), will date a handsome slayer type or a rich guy, that's guaranteed like the sun rising every morning.

the only legit PUA is Paul Janka, and of course, he doesn't need PUA, he is tall and pretty much male model tier.
    I fairly sure dragging my penis through a mixture salt and broken glass would be more enjoyable than reading your posts.

Originally Posted by matman1813 View Post
    I fairly sure dragging my penis through a mixture salt and broken glass would be more enjoyable than reading your posts.
    I feel the same way to be perfectly honest, but I am not deluded. I know how tough it is out there for a man, and I don't pussyfoot around. If anyone out there wishes that personality and confidence matters, it's me of all people, because you can fake personality. You can't really fake having a sexually attractive face and body.

golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How many are ripped/shredded? I'd say 0.01%. 1-2% probably have some form of visible abs

Originally Posted by golfstar22 View Post
    How many are ripped/shredded? I'd say 0.01%. 1-2% probably have some form of visible abs
    That sounds reasonable, and why do you think this is the case?:

1. lack of motivation and commitment
    2. genetics

If it is the latter, we are all doomed.

AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

2. genetics

Commies fluoridated the water and turned the males into soft fairie emos through television, public "education", and political correctness.

Originally Posted by AlbertRossy View Post
    Commies fluoridated the water and turned the males into soft fairie emos through television, public "education", and political correctness.
    gotta agree with you on this one, the political correctness and blue pillery out there is sickening, you guys might think I'm painful to listen to, but for me, 99% of people make me puke, they are all excited and have no reason to be.

golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

2. genetics

Modern American diet.
    Stress finding a job
    Too much booze
    No access to a gym
    Don't know basics of bodybuilding
    Simply not a priority