Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forever Musclebound aaaaaaaaaachooo's Avatar
    aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Take it easy on the alcohol man. Especially with no carbs!!!!!!!
    I got deathly Ill from alcohol poisoning two months ago - and I decided to never touch it again.

If you are serious about your training - this won't be a tough decision.
    Just have to decide which makes you feel the best, and which is most important to you.

If you are looking for serious results (you must since you are doing keto) then it's time to get serious brother!!!!
    Choice is totally yours. I'm not here to judge others by any means.
    However I don't think you will reach your full potential with alcohol majorly hindering you along the way. Give that crap up and don't look back! Srs.
    505 / 315 / 545

15BodyFat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15BodyFat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15BodyFat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15BodyFat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15BodyFat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15BodyFat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15BodyFat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15BodyFat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15BodyFat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15BodyFat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yah man I feel ya. I just adjusted schedule so Thursday night - Friday Night is carb up day. If I need to extend to Saturday lunch so be it for 36 hours...

Tacos + Rice + Tortilla chips = heaven. The mexican coke also is an easy choice right after depletion - 80 carbs right there.

Tomorrow: Sushi BUFFET!! Yeahh, I love the CKD diet since you can pig out and basically get sick of the food your eating for the whole week till you crave again.

Saturday's are gonna be tough.... I've done no carbs on Saturday night, a few drinks and I am literally puking. But will stuff my stomach with broccoli and green veggies for sure.

I'm serious on cutting weight but honestly, 1 lb a week is perfect. If i stop losing then I'll cut out the alcohol, but I have to have a social life and its just weird if your sober and everyone else is trashed. I am gonna start moderating though.

Added Bonus: Much easier to get drunk on Keto, so you should theoretically be taking in less booze . Just do the sipper.

Originally Posted by aaaaaaaaaachooo View Post
    Take it easy on the alcohol man. Especially with no carbs!!!!!!!
    I got deathly Ill from alcohol poisoning two months ago - and I decided to never touch it again.

If you are serious about your training - this won't be a tough decision.
    Just have to decide which makes you feel the best, and which is most important to you.

If you are looking for serious results (you must since you are doing keto) then it's time to get serious brother!!!!
    Choice is totally yours. I'm not here to judge others by any means.
    However I don't think you will reach your full potential with alcohol majorly hindering you along the way. Give that crap up and don't look back! Srs.
    Last edited by 15BodyFat; 05-02-2013 at 09:40 PM.

15BodyFat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15BodyFat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15BodyFat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15BodyFat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15BodyFat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15BodyFat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15BodyFat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15BodyFat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15BodyFat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15BodyFat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Week 1 Cycle 2 of all Pros.

Surprisingly the lifts were hard but not impossible hard after upping the weights. It definitely works ! Tried switching it up and getting a whole foods chicken instead this time. Tastes like rubber and cost $9. Screw that. You got my money once whole foods but thats it.

Bought also 6 bottles of wine for the ladies. A lot of malbec that hopefully isnt too carb loaded. meh.

Also. cut down on my drinking last night. Was weird seeing everyone raging and jumping up and down at 1 am. But besides that, pretty good. Limited myself to 4 drinks.
    Last edited by 15BodyFat; 05-05-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Last 2 days very consistent in what I eat. hitting 1800 calories right around the target mark. Nothing new to report... but my weight seems to be stalling, right now im at 163.... water weight I know... good news is after ab workout, I can somewhat see the abs under the fat. (Its bulging out a bit). Awesome!

CARB UP START! Tacos + rice and lots of chips and salsa + a mexican coke. Had also two beers ! Eek! I've read the first meal on carb up can be a bit dirty (since the body is full recomp mode aka why you can eat pizza).

Sushi tomorrow! I have "stalled" between 161-163 on my weight scale, but I feel much more ripped and the lifts are going great. noticed more definition in the leg muscles while running.

All in all not too concerned, probably gained 1 lb of muscle by this point at the minimum.

Didn't wake up with a hangover today. That's a good sign. Gonna keep it that way for the next 5 weeks. I reckon it will save me at least 500 cals a week.

Did a nice little LISS for 1 hour for 500 cals. Its aggravating not going faster, but since I don't want lifts to suffer, this is the way to do it. Much easier when a NBA playoffs are on.

I feel like my body weight has stalled again... I am doing carb up based on 10 gm per kg lean. Which would mean around a 520 g. The CKD said 442, but I've been stuffing it in to hit the 520... perhaps should cut down to 442?

Or maybe the weight is waiting to just flush out... Hopefully the later. Lost my myotape so need to buy another one.

Did a bit more follow up on my carb up... yeah taco night has gotta be out, might have to do greek food. But I do need at least a little fried snack. The tortilla chips are killing me.

Cutting down sushi pieces to 30 nigiri total + 2 spicy tuna as the sushi buffet.

Didn't run today, was real sore from day 1 week 2 cycle 2 on allpros. Real pissed at myself... but found a way to lower cal limits... probably will go for 1700 cals, and just cut out the ranch completely. That will save 100+ cals right there.

Instead use 1 tblespoon siriacha + 1 tblspon mayo= win!

curch187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great work keep it up, just started myself (April 15th)
    And the changes are phenomenal.
    Don't give up

Originally Posted by curch187 View Post
    Great work keep it up, just started myself (April 15th)
    And the changes are phenomenal.
    Don't give up
    Thanks Bro.

Doing at 1700 again today, feel fine. No real hunger pains. Glycogen levels are where I need to be at... seems like the reason so tired on Monday was I did a 7.5 speed on the treadmill which exhausted me the next day.... i think average of 4.5-5 for an hour outside is the way to do it, to burn off some cals without compromising muscle glycogen.

LISS is awesome in the summertime, lots of things to see while jogging and you don't feel sore afterwards.

Ab day / core was today, bam rocked it. In the mirror definitely notice a "2 pack" forming with the outlines getting better.

Weigh in before Carb Up: 159.8.

YEAHH!!!! Barrier broke. Moderated the carb up to 500 carbs. Ate 6 pieces less sushi and limited the chips to one basket for taco thursday.

Will see if that's sufficient or additional carb up cuts necessary.

ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice progress
    Things to remember: 4-6 pounds of Fat= 1 inch of waist
    Liss is best at 15% incline at 3mph... or 4.8km/h, for 30 mins, which is around 300 cals lost according to the calculators
    So you can eat a little more and do cardio, it is much effective than lowering to 1700, do 2000 and walk the 300 cals deficit, or 400, that way you can make your body guess
    BULKING - Aug 20-2016 (74kg)-Jan 1, 2017 (85kg)
    (Aug 30, 2016-Jan 1, 2017:)Deadlift: 231-303 Squat: 214-263 Bench: 174-198 lbs OHP: 104.5-134 Pendlay Row: 115-154
    ---------------------------------------
    ☆★ Victory loves Preparation ★☆
    ---------------------------------------

Originally Posted by ghepardo View Post
    Nice progress
    Things to remember: 4-6 pounds of Fat= 1 inch of waist
    Liss is best at 15% incline at 3mph... or 4.8km/h, for 30 mins, which is around 300 cals lost according to the calculators
    So you can eat a little more and do cardio, it is much effective than lowering to 1700, do 2000 and walk the 300 cals deficit, or 400, that way you can make your body guess
    Thanks for the tidbit about the waist size. According to my running app, I'm burning 500+ calories usually on all my runs so I just go conservative and just put 500 cals burned from exercise. Besides that, I do almost absolutely no walking around whatsoever (I run some internet stuff), so I adjusted my TDEE "multiplier" down to 1.2. Unless it should be a 1.0 for the lack of movement .

So really only 6 lb to go before Im content with my waist at navel size. Adjusted diet back to Fri/Sat carb up, since much better off doing those days if you are drinking anyways.

Crowd at the gym not bad if you get there at 4:30 sharp. Solid lifts. LISS working good. Running outside is awesome, average speed is around 4.5-5 mph. Weigh in today in the morning: 160 !! Nice.

Ok so carb up almost done. Post carb up immediate weight gonna be around 165. Which is to be expected with all the water flush coming back in. Quite curious though, when I "suck in" my entire stomach to max, I have a 31' at the navel. Curious where the rest of the fat loss will come from? I do have a very small double chin... maybe my legs... wouldn't want it out of my arms. Once I hit 31' i think ill be done cutting even if the weight doesn't drop to 150... ill be happy figure wise if i can get down to 31 inch. Waist still at 32' post carb up (immediate with water swell so not bad at all)

Will do a 2 month weigh in Wednesday morning since tomorrow is gonna be hard to stick to keto. Gotta let loose once a while on the holidays.

Also since switching to sushi Friday lunch as first carb up meal...

Going from 24 hrs to 36 hours.... Start 1 PM Friday end 10 PM Saturday... didnt feel completely "swell" after last night, so having this one last quick 100g carb up with rice and some soup.

Sunday was horrible cheat day in terms of alcohol. Good news is I didn't eat that much... but was at the ballpark and stuck with waffle fries/ cheese curds / hot dogs. Ruined my whole diet plan.

Woke up hungover today and ran off to the gym before it closed for Memorial Day. Ugh, bad bad bad workout.

Well still angry at myself for drinking so much, but at least got to do a full workout minus the running. Tomorrow will be a looong cardio day for sure. Will post 2 month pictures on Wednesday (to get a more accurate body picture without carb swell).

2 Month Update: Looks like I am weighing in at 159 but my body looks much more "toned" then last month.

http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img...sMhw-610xh.jpg

Slow and steady, probably go down to 155 and see how I look, may be tempted to hit 150. But progress is somewhat hampered by booze. I can do 12 weeks for a 6 lb loss if it means having a social life.

Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by aaaaaaaaaachooo View Post
    In order to put on LBM you'll need to be in a caloric surplus. Don't expect to put on a lot of muscle unless you are in a surplus / bulking.
    This Keto diet is a great way to preserve mostly ALL muscle while burning fat - which is AWESOME!
    Generally, eating at a caloric deficit inevitably involves losing lean body mass (muscle). Not the case on this diet though!

Having said that...this style diet is very well known for body re-composition & is "transforming" if you will.
    Meaning, you might not lose a bunch of lbs on the scale (depends on caloric intake), but you could still significantly drop BF%!!!

Keep up the good work OP! Hit those macros each day!!
    I know you posted this a little while ago, but it couldn't be more on point for what i'm thinking at the moment!!

Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 15BodyFat View Post
    2 Month Update: Looks like I am weighing in at 159 but my body looks much more "toned" then last month.

http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img...sMhw-610xh.jpg

Slow and steady, probably go down to 155 and see how I look, may be tempted to hit 150. But progress is somewhat hampered by booze. I can do 12 weeks for a 6 lb loss if it means having a social life.
    Hmmm.. Think i should probably keep a record of my weight based on this post.

Good job man, based on your starting weight, that's pretty good progress in the right direction :-)

Booze is a big one for me too man, i enjoy all that lark so much, going out etc, difficult to stick to a 0 alcohol consumption. Mainly i'm sticking to Gin and Tonics if i do drink though!

Thanks bro. Yeah if only my city didnt revolve around alcohol...

Carb Up day. To the MAX. Wow downed about 400g of carbs in 8 hours.

Grande White Mocca Frap seems pretty good macros might have to do it more often. With soy milk too much fat, will switch to skim next time around:

Skim Milk (no whipped cream):

6g fat - 61 g carbs! Wow. Sure beats stuffing oneself to the point of death at the sushi buffet.

Looks like will have a small lunch tomorrow then be done with it and revert back to Keto diet. Curious to see what effect it will have if any. 36 hour keto is just too damn long in my opinion.

Alright: Cycle 2 Week 5 Results (Day 1 - Should be able to pass Day 2 / 3) :

Bench - Pass
    Squat - Pass
    Stiff Deadlift - Fail
    Triceps - Pass
    Biceps - Pass
    bent over rows - Fail
    Overhead Barbell Presses - Pass
    Calf Raise - Pass

Cycle 2 complete. Felt like almost puking at the end. Chowed down 30 pieces of sushi and then had some cookies and cream ice cream. Yumm!

Scale is showing 157.7 consistently throughout the day. Awesome! Waist at 31.75. Been drinking a lot more during the week, but learned to limit to 3 oz of alcohol during the weekdays, adds up to around 150 cals. Cut out some of my meals to help reach caloric total.

Aim for 130g of protein a day (1g per LBM) and at least 1g of fat per lb, the rest is just filler.
    Last edited by 15BodyFat; 06-11-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Waist went all the way down to 31.5 on an empty stomach. Carb up day! Been doing a bit more dirty 36 hour carb ups. Seems like weight loss is not affected at all based off last weeks carb up and still managing 0.5-1 lb lost.

The only real cheat meal I do is 1 small fast food meal per carb up. this time, mcd! Mc Chicken and a 6 piece nugget.

Weighing in consistent at 167. Same diet of nuts chicken and broccoli. Surprisingly after 2.5 months of basically the same food, not sick of it at all. That Siracaha sauce + mayo combo = awesome.

Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by 15BodyFat View Post
    That Siracaha sauce + mayo combo = awesome.
    Ooo gotta try that, I'm dousin everything in hot sauce lately

Originally Posted by Jmadden44 View Post
    Ooo gotta try that, I'm dousin everything in hot sauce lately
    Yeah bro its pretty damn delicious.

Carb up day yeahh! Last time I went dirty (last weeK) lost weight faster then any of the other weeks... seems like if you do a 2 day carb up (36 hours) and if you fast the day immediately afterwards (we are talking 1000 calorie deficit w/ exercise), somehow my body is burning fat better... I have a feeling its the increased leptin levels

Who knows though may just be water weight.

New favorite carb up meal (first 8 hours):

Crazy Bread. Pulling in a nice 90g of carb for a full order + 18g of fat. Not bad.
    If you love sugar this is also pretty nice for dessert following your huge post workout meal:

Skinny Cow - Low Fat Cookies N Cream Ice Cream Sandwich, 1 sandwich (71g)

31 g carbs and 2 g of fat.

I always allow myself one "cheat sandwich" / food item. This case 1 big mac.
    Last edited by 15BodyFat; 06-21-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Woke up today. Post carb up - 160 flat. Not bad. Will post on the "strength" gains since I did eat more carbs (around 270) then last weeks 2nd day carb up.

Will try an ultra 12 hour carb up next week and compare.

kashepherd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kashepherd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kashepherd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm interested in the comparison. Curious to see if there is much of a difference in an intense 12-20 hr carb up or if the 24-48 hr carb ups work out better. I dont even have enough of an opinion to venture a guess at this point.

Originally Posted by kashepherd View Post
    I'm interested in the comparison. Curious to see if there is much of a difference in an intense 12-20 hr carb up or if the 24-48 hr carb ups work out better. I dont even have enough of an opinion to venture a guess at this point.
    Well first time I tried moderating my carbs to recommended levels day 1 / 2, and my lifts were quite iffy... may have to cut down on my 1000 cal deficit from the day before... seems like I may have burned some muscle glycogen... even though burned 700+ cals just doing 1 hr 30 minutes of LISS.

So either im under-estimating my carbs or Sunday needs to be more moderate in terms of calorie counting... My post workout meal is always this sushi buffet I go to... may have to actually bring in a scale and measure the nigiri pieces...

Cycle 3 is just killing my ass.... I am barely passing my bench, seems like have plateaued.... may have to keep weights steady while trying to cut out the final pounds..

On the good news, back to 157 after only a day.

Probably going to do keto cut for another 1.5 months then recomp for a month before bulking.

Scaled today: 155.7 post work out. WOW. Kinda shocked it dropped so quick in a day. Whoosh effect?

Just realized biggest music festival coming up in my city and they dont serve liqour... . Might have to take a 1 week hiatus from Keto... hoping still fat adapted at the end of it.