Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Forever Musclebound aaaaaaaaaachooo's Avatar
    aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Taking a "deload" week. I have been cutting for 4 straight months!!!!!
    Going to take it easy this week, and just walk every day for about an hour.
    Keep the calories burning - but give my muscles some nice recovery time.
    Stretching & LISS will be more beneficial to me than hitting the gym this week.
    No carb-ups needed this coming weekend either since I'm not depleting muscle glycogen.

Trust me when I tell you that after I take this break from the gym, I'm going back FULL-FORCE.
    I'm already anxious to get back in the gym, but i can tell my body needs to just relax for a bit.
    Will be upping the cardio as well upon my return to training.
    As for now....relaxing....on vacation.
    505 / 315 / 545

kshafiaq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kshafiaq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kshafiaq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kshafiaq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kshafiaq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kshafiaq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kshafiaq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kshafiaq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kshafiaq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kshafiaq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds nice man! Enjoy the break! I don't know how you can do it though.. If i'm not in the gym that day, I go nuts. Feel like i've failed or I just stacked on mass LBS.
    But I deff can understand after laying into the weights and cardio hard with a strict diet for a certain amount of time, takes a pretty big toll on your body. I might need one of these soon! Enjoy the week brotha!
    "It aint how hard you hit, it's how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."
    -Sylvester Stallone

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever."
    -Lance Armstrong

aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kshafiaq View Post
    Sounds nice man! Enjoy the break! I don't know how you can do it though.. If i'm not in the gym that day, I go nuts. Feel like i've failed or I just stacked on mass LBS.
    But I deff can understand after laying into the weights and cardio hard with a strict diet for a certain amount of time, takes a pretty big toll on your body. I might need one of these soon! Enjoy the week brotha!
    I'll still go for daily 1 hour walks. (I went earlier today)
    These will be "active" rest days.

I definitely want to hit the gym, but I need to chill out for a little while. haha
    I'm sure you've heard "You grow OUTSIDE the gym, not inside"
    This is very true.
    505 / 315 / 545

So I've been logging HGHpro for AI sports....
    Stuff is actually making me get some really DEEP sleep.
    I typically get 5-6 hours of sleep, and the first night had me crashed out for 9.5 hours, and feeling amazing.
    Really interested to see how the rest of the bottle goes!!!
    (Log is in my signature)

I'm mentally ready to hit the gym, but I think physically my body is really enjoying the recovery.
    Heading out for a nice little walk on the beach - but Monday, it's back to the heavy weights.
    Should have a real nice Chest/Tri/Shoulder/Delt workout.
    505 / 315 / 545

Weigh-In today ~~ 213lbs.
    I have only lost 2lbs total in 1 month of keto! (Scale constantly swings)
    "You must really suck at keto then"!!!!!!!
    NeGaTiVe GHoSTwRiTeR!!!

I've seen a substantial reduction in waste size.
    My belt is noticeably looser, and my arms are noticeably bigger.
    WUT?
    Yeah - I must be doing something right!!

Went surfing today - then hit the gym.
    Had a really great Chest/Tri/Delt workout.
    I skipped the shoulder routine since I was surfing earlier.

Did some HIIT sprints followed by 30 minutes of incline walking. 15 degrees @ 3mph.
    GREAT workout today. My body needed those 5 days off from the gym & is responding well.

One thing I noticed is a slight decrease in strength. Perfectly OK with me since I've been in a caloric deficit for 4 months now. It's just inevitable. I'm still benching 225 for reps, so it's all good.

I am going to start focusing on cardio - & will be incorporating various methods of my own to shed fat.
    I will keep this posted with updated pictures. I am actually going to be on a mini-vacation for about a week.
    (I'll still be working out)

When I get back from my trip - this is when I'm going balls out with cardio & other methods of madness.
    I plan on dropping an insane amount of "weight" - and most of it will be fat.
    Once you see my incredible results (posted here) you can feel free to PM me asking how I did this.
    I will not publicly post my exact methods - as most are considered unorthodox & I don't feel like being flamed and persecuted on the forums. Just know that it will be badass.

Time to get serious boys. Keep your eyes on this log.
    Mark my words...it's about to get epic.
    505 / 315 / 545

Gregory_Wu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man, thanks for sharing this.

What are some high GI foods that you recommend for the first 12 hours of carb-up? I have a gluten intolerance so I'm trying to figure out what to eat. I'm guessing white rice and white potatoes, but anything else?

Sure dude! Yeah, rice & potatoes works. Here are some more ideas.

Gatorade, White Bread, Pita Bread, Cornflakes, Oatmeal, Graham Crackers, Vanilla Wafers, Rice Cakes, Cranberry Juice, Apple Juice, Corn on the Cob, Raisins, Dates, Bananas, Macaroni, Spaghetti, Fettuccine, Fruit Roll-ups, Pretzels, Yams, and finally.....PIZZA!

(During the carb-up just try to have minimal fat intake)
    I know it sucks, but it's optimal for additional fat loss.
    505 / 315 / 545

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    He said he has a gluten intolerance...

Candy(not chocolate - too much fat for carb up - think hard candy you suck on like caramels/butterscotch), marshmallows, cotton candy
    Gatorade/powerade
    "throwback" soda - has real sugar instead of High fructose corn syrup, jello
    Perhaps some of the specialty sodas you see in bottles - check the label.

low fat yogurt, kefir, milk(chocolate milk!) if you can handle lactose

Try to avoid fructose if you can. You want stuff that can be sucked up by your muscles, and fructose doesn't - it goes to your liver.

Try quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat(not actually wheat) afterwards

I haven't had amaranth or buckwheat, but quinoa is pretty good - kind of like a nutty rice flavor.
    Last edited by Grifts; 05-06-2013 at 04:34 PM.
    www.squidoo.com/keto-diet

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    TEST-PEAK http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149177173
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

Originally Posted by Grifts View Post
    He said he has a gluten intolerance...

Candy(not chocolate - too much fat for carb up - think hard candy you suck on like caramels/butterscotch), marshmallows, cotton candy
    Gatorade/powerade
    "throwback" soda - has real sugar instead of High fructose corn syrup, jello
    Perhaps some of the specialty sodas you see in bottles - check the label.

low fat yogurt, kefir, milk(chocolate milk!) if you can handle lactose

Try to avoid fructose if you can. You want stuff that can be sucked up by your muscles, and fructose doesn't - it goes to your liver.

Try quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat(not actually wheat) afterwards

I haven't had amaranth or buckwheat, but quinoa is pretty good - kind of like a nutty rice flavor.
    Nice catch man!!! Totally looked right over that!
    Great addition
    505 / 315 / 545

Gregory_Wu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys. Yeah, I WISH I could eat Pizza, but I could probably throw in some gluten-free pizzas. I'll have to see what the carbs look like. I guess you want to try and go with low-fat cheese on the pizza during the carb-up?

And candy! That I can handle!

ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Gratz on your progress achooo
    Is always physically challenging to go to gym anyways... specially when it is not fun, more like a daily work !

I don't know If I should try a carb up.... does a carb up day is considered a cheat day?, and while in Keto, doesn't it takes 3 days to get back into keto, 4 days wasted and 3 that are reallly used?
    BULKING - Aug 20-2016 (74kg)-Jan 1, 2017 (85kg)
    (Aug 30, 2016-Jan 1, 2017:)Deadlift: 231-303 Squat: 214-263 Bench: 174-198 lbs OHP: 104.5-134 Pendlay Row: 115-154
    ---------------------------------------
    ☆★ Victory loves Preparation ★☆

Ariean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ariean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ariean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ariean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ariean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ariean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ariean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ariean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ariean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ariean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ariean is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Gah! You blog always makes me want to eat!!!

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ghepardo View Post
    Is always physically challenging to go to gym anyways... specially when it is not fun, more like a daily work !

I don't know If I should try a carb up.... does a carb up day is considered a cheat day?, and while in Keto, doesn't it takes 3 days to get back into keto, 4 days wasted and 3 that are reallly used?
    A real carb-up day serves a specific purpose...more than just psychological relief from dieting. Also, as long as you are in a caloric deficit, whether in keto or not, you will burn fat. The scale might be up from water retention, but as you transition back to keto you will dry out.
    www.squidoo.com/keto-diet

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    TEST-PEAK http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149177173
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

Ariean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ariean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ariean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ariean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ariean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ariean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ariean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ariean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ariean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ariean is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ariean is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    By the way, your progress pics are incredible. You look like a completely different guy. Seriously, your body has changed 100%. Leaning out nicely and an over athletic look about you now...but its the epression on your face and the how your even being playful with the whole deal. Very pleasing to a woman. Kudos!

Oh and mangrooner.?. Thats definitely a "do". Nice.

Thanks man!! Pretty soon it's about to seriously epic up in this log!!!! (No, not from roids)
    On vacation for a week, so I won't be on all the time - but will still be hitting the weight training & cardio hard.
    Depending on how long you've been doing keto....I'd recommend a carb-load for 24hours.
    The day after your 24 hour carb load, do some HIIT + walk incline - you'll be right back into that deep ketosis before you know it!!

During the day of the carb load, don't workout at all - but go to the gym the next day and kill it!!!!!
    (cardio + virgin coconut oil will help get you back into that nice deep fat-burning ketosis quicker)
    Why carb load for 24 hours?
    Because your body will still be burning fat during the carb-load!! Which means those carbs are going straight into those muscles!! Which also means....no fat gain!!!

Here's a few tips :
    1. Do a full body "depletion" workout just prior to the carb load. This should be a 2 hour lifting session where you take every muscle group to failure. No need to do 10 sets - keep it at around 3-4 sets, and rep the sh*t out of it. At the end of the set, when you think you are at muscle failure...continue doing partial reps to finish off the set. Concentrate on really feeling it. Nice & slow controlled partials at the end of each set will REALLY help deplete those glycogen stores!!!!!!!

2. Keep fats to a minimum and try to stick to Unsaturated Fats during the carb up. This will help with insulin secretion/sensitivity.

3. Drink lots of water while carbing up. This will help shuttle glycogen into the muscles!
    (You'll notice a major difference in the quality of the carb-up just by hydrating really freaking well)

4. Try to avoid fructose during the carb up. Some is OK - but it should mostly be avoided.
    Why? With fructose, glycogen will go to the liver instead of the muscles.
    Too much glycogen in the liver = Fat gain!

Do not fear gaining fat during the carb load.
    Simply do the carb load the correct way, and your muscles will thank you!!!

Alright - I'm done rambling.
    Try this, and you'll look and feel nice & buff a couple days later.
    Last edited by aaaaaaaaaachooo; 05-07-2013 at 11:12 PM.
    505 / 315 / 545

ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by aaaaaaaaaachooo View Post
    Thanks man!! Pretty soon it's about to seriously epic up in this log!!!! (No, not from roids)
    On vacation for a week, so I won't be on all the time - but will still be hitting the weight training & cardio hard.
    Depending on how long you've been doing keto....I'd recommend a carb-load for 24hours.
    The day after your 24 hour carb load, do some HIIT + walk incline - you'll be right back into that deep ketosis before you know it!!

During the day of the carb load, don't workout at all - but go to the gym the next day and kill it!!!!!
    (cardio + virgin coconut oil will help get you back into that nice deep fat-burning ketosis quicker)
    Why carb load for 24 hours?
    Because your body will still be burning fat during the carb-load!! Which means those carbs are going straight into those muscles!! Which also means....no fat gain!!!

Here's a few tips :
    1. Do a full body "depletion" workout just prior to the carb load. This should be a 2 hour lifting session where you take every muscle group to failure. No need to do 10 sets - keep it at around 3-4 sets, and rep the sh*t out of it. At the end of the set, when you think you are at muscle failure...continue doing partial reps to finish off the set. Concentrate on really feeling it. Nice & slow controlled partials at the end of each set will REALLY help deplete those glycogen stores!!!!!!!

2. Keep fats to a minimum and try to stick to Unsaturated Fats during the carb up. This will help with insulin secretion/sensitivity.

3. Drink lots of water while carbing up. This will help shuttle glycogen into the muscles!
    (You'll notice a major difference in the quality of the carb-up just by hydrating really freaking well)

4. Try to avoid fructose during the carb up. Some is OK - but it should mostly be avoided.
    Why? With fructose, glycogen will go to the liver instead of the muscles.
    Too much glycogen in the liver = Fat gain!

Do not fear gaining fat during the carb load.
    Simply do the carb load the correct way, and your muscles will thank you!!!

Alright - I'm done rambling.
    Try this, and you'll look and feel nice & buff a couple days later.
    I'm ... 20 days to go to bulking phase, so, i'll be eating carbs anyways... my try it
    I've done carb up accidentally and felt strong for 2 days,, after that I felt completely like in any normal ketosis
    the problem is, while entering ketosis, I feel dizziness and headache, which is why I'm not too sure about trying it, and I want to finish this fat loss journal in 20 days, so It won't give me the chance to play around with this new carb up technique....

but, it will be related to my bulk... since the last day I'll be carbing up and then I'll do normal 40/40/20, will it be all fat too ? or it'll store All the necessary water inside the muscle ?
    (Aug 30, 2016-Jan 1, 2017:)Deadlift: 231-303 Squat: 214-263 Bench: 174-198 lbs OHP: 104.5-134 Pendlay Row: 115-154

I'm ... 20 days to go to bulking phase, so, i'll be eating carbs anyways... my try it
    I've done carb up accidentally and felt strong for 2 days,, after that I felt completely like in any normal ketosis
    the problem is, while entering ketosis, I feel dizziness and headache, which is why I'm not too sure about trying it, and I want to finish this fat loss journal in 20 days, so It won't give me the chance to play around with this new carb up technique....

but, it will be related to my bulk... since the last day I'll be carbing up and then I'll do normal 40/40/20, will it be all fat too ? or it'll store All the necessary water inside the muscle ?
    For the headaches try to drink lots of water, and get some Virgin Coconut Oil. Whole foods store - NOT wal-mart
    That stuff is miraculous for lack of energy and headaches.
    The faster you can get back into that deep ketosis - the shorter the side effects.
    Which is why even though you are in a caloric surplus, I'd still recommend doing HIIT & extra cardio the day after the carb-load.
    Regardless of "bulk/cut" the carb up will drive glycogen into the muscles.

Originally Posted by Ariean View Post
    Gah! You blog always makes me want to eat!!!

Still wanting to eat?! lmao
    505 / 315 / 545

tonywayne0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonywayne0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonywayne0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonywayne0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonywayne0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonywayne0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonywayne0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonywayne0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonywayne0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonywayne0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonywayne0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    looking good man. i finally got 50 posts, now i can post pics so heres some motivation

Originally Posted by tonywayne0 View Post
    looking good man. i finally got 50 posts, now i can post pics so heres some motivation
    HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can post motivation anytime you'd like brother!!!!
    That's actually what made me begin my journey in the first place!! lol

So today was a BRUTAL 2 hour depletion workout. Went ahead and decided to carb up today and tomorrow!!
    (I haven't had carbs in like 12 days!)
    I'm officially following "Body Opus" - and not just the standard CKD.

I encourage anyone doing CKD to buy this book!
    (I posted a picture of the book on page4)
    Such an amazing piece of work.

During the first 24 hours of my carb load, I'm eating simple, liquid carbs
    Tomorrow I will start incorporating low GI carbs like pasta, bread, brown rice, potatos.
    Basically since 2pm today(post-workout), I've been downing lots of water & gatorade and added a bunch of dextrose to the gatorade.
    I picked up a big bag of Dextrose for $5 !

I feel amazing, but downing TONS of liquid carbs in 24 hours is slightly challenging while avoiding fructose. lmao
    Tomorrow I am REALLY looking forward to some "solid" foods!!!

Got steak, pasta, chicken, scones, bread, potatos, rice - ALL SORTS of good stuff lined up for tomorrow!!!

I'm carbing up on every Friday from now on, and will carb-load for 36-48 hours instead of just 24 hours.
    I've been doing this diet ~5 weeks now, and although the scale isn't showing a whole lot, arms are bigger, belt is looser!!!
    The only explanation for this is that I'm dropping body fat AND adding LBM.
    Not possible? I present to you... Body Opus!!!

On vacation with family until Wednesday night - then I'll be more active on the forums again.
    When I arrive home - prepare for a pretty epic 2-3 week transformation.....
    Thanks again everyone for the support & participation with my log. I'm REALLY loving this freaking diet. hahaha
    Last edited by aaaaaaaaaachooo; 05-10-2013 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Took Out Incorrect Carb Amounts :)
    505 / 315 / 545

tonywayne0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonywayne0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonywayne0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonywayne0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonywayne0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonywayne0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonywayne0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonywayne0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonywayne0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonywayne0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonywayne0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can post motivation anytime you'd like brother!!!!
    That's actually what made me begin my journey in the first place!! lol
    haha whats making me start is girls and batman.

Registered User PortsmouthChris's Avatar
    PortsmouthChris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PortsmouthChris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PortsmouthChris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PortsmouthChris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PortsmouthChris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PortsmouthChris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PortsmouthChris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PortsmouthChris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PortsmouthChris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PortsmouthChris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PortsmouthChris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Aacho I am 4 weeks in to keto now, loving it. Your posts are brilliant (and yes I have read every link you have posted).

One of the best blogs on here. Gunna rep you up.

Today I am starting my first carb up... Depletion workout soon. Wahay.

Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Getting it done man!!!!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

I appreciate everyone following along!!!
    Yesterday I was pressed for time & posted incorrect carb-up amounts.
    I'll post this very clearly for anyone who still has questions about "how to carb-up".

From now on, I'm doing a 36-48hour carb load every single week.
    Here is how to "properly" carb-load after your depletion workout.

Just prior to the "depletion" workout, you'll want to boot yourself out of ketosis via 100-200g of carbs.
    Normally I say sucrose is the devil & to stay away from it (unless you aren't carb-loading as often), but typically I eat 2 apples 2 hours before the monster 2-hour depletion workout. This actually helps the glycogen depletion!!!

Here we go!
    This carb up plan is straight from my book, and is what I'll be utilizing from this point forward!!!
    Plan on eating every 2 hours, and have these meals spaced apart. (Insulin sensitivty/secretion reasons)

First 24 Hours
    12 meals - 2 hours apart!

Meals 1-4 : Drink 2g of carbs per lbm in kg of liquid simple sugars per meal. Soluable proteins like whey should be added into these liquid drinks. (Personally, I add dextrose to Gatordade and Protein drinks)

Meals 5-8 : Eat 1.5g of carbs per lbm in kg in each meal. Again, liquid carbs, but you can now add in some solid high GI carbs such as corn flakes.

Meals 9-12 : Finally - real food! Eat .5g of carbs per lbm in kg in each meal. Solid starches, and liquid carbs.

25-48 Hours
    Day Two

Meals 1-4 : Eat 1g carbs per lbm in kg in each meal. Since insulin sensitivity is declining now, you should eat more solid starches, and solid proteins.

Meals 5-8 : Eat .75g carbs per lbm in kg in each meal. Relatively normal food such as rice, potatos, and pasta.

Meals 9-12 : Eat only .5g carbs per lbm in kg in each meal. Since you want to start lowering blood glucose before more carb restriction, you should actually eat the opposite of what you'd expect!! Go back to simple sugars and liquid carbs & proteins. Basically, you want a sugar crash to get into low blood sugar. This is the final topping of the tank! Yes, insulin will be higher - but the actual number of carbs per meal is quite low.

Here's my example...
    I'm 212lbs at 12% BF.
    (85kg LBM)
    Day1:
    Meals 1-4 I eat ~170g carbs/meal.
    Meals 5-8 I eat ~120g carbs/meal.
    Meals 9-12 I eat only ~40-50g carbs/meal.

Day2:
    Meals 1-4 I eat ~85g carbs/meal
    Meals 5-8 I eat ~60g carbs/meal
    Meals 9-12 I eat ~40-50g carbs/meal

DO NOT FEAR THE CARB UP!!!!!
    Athletes and bodybuilders typically need 3-4 days of carb loading to feel nice and full.
    The reason why you can do it in 48 hours is because of the amount of carbs!

This will NOT spill over into fat provided you follow the guide.
    Simply keep saturated fats to a minimum during the carb-ups.
    You'll still want ~15% of calories to be fats - but go for Unsaturated fats!!
    Want your muscles to feel nice & full with no bloat 2 days later when you hit the gym with tons of strength??
    I encourage you to try this and report back here with results of how "swole" & strong your muscles become. haha

I hope this really helps. If you truly want "Super-Compensation" - this is the route to go my friends!!!
    Make sure you have an incredible 2 hour long depletion workout taking every muscle group to failure, using multiple sets, and lots of reps.
    All muscles will be "compensated" from the carb-up, but only the muscle groups that are depleted just prior to the feeding will be "Super-Compensated".

P.S. Water, Water, Water!!!!!! This will help shuttle the carbs into your muscles.
    Your muscles will feel nice & big when you drink lots of water during the carb-loading.
    Last edited by aaaaaaaaaachooo; 05-10-2013 at 01:16 PM.
    505 / 315 / 545

Nice to see that you're giving out carb up tips.... since this week, I've been eating 2200-2000 calories deficit and weight scale didn't move at all..... I think I've been stuck, and I've been considering a cheat day, a cheat day with pizza, mcdonalds & whatever food can be considered a carb up ( and does it needs 24 hours ) and calories needs to be counted ?? Because I still haven't had the food to count it...... and what if I don't follow the 2 hours, ?

budsmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice to see that you're giving out carb up tips.... since this week, I've been eating 2200-2000 calories deficit and weight scale didn't move at all..... I think I've been stuck, and I've been considering a cheat day, a cheat day with pizza, mcdonalds & whatever food can be considered a carb up ( and does it needs 24 hours ) and calories needs to be counted ?? Because I still haven't had the food to count it...... and what if I don't follow the 2 hours, ?

I thought that on carb up days, that you wanted to keep fat to a minimum, and your average pizza has a ton of fat.

Originally Posted by budsmike View Post
    I thought that on carb up days, that you wanted to keep fat to a minimum, and your average pizza has a ton of fat.
    Oh ... damn... then I can't even cheat ?

Oh ... damn... then I can't even cheat ?
    Did you not read my posting that I just put up on how to do a carb-up???? lmao
    Follow it...and you'll be AMAZED.
    505 / 315 / 545

Did you not read my posting that I just put up on how to do a carb-up???? lmao
    Follow it...and you'll be AMAZED.
    Yeah... one day I had a full day of rice... like 5 cups, and later at night, I ate 3 more cup of rice....
    I have that in my keto blog, and the next day, I was feeling like superman , it was the carbup ?

April 8: 176.2/19.5% cheated one night with sushi and some rice
    April 9: 179.8/20.5% wow... a lot of water weight, went to eat with my family, i didn't take any prisoners on April 8, family reunion, and after that, my friend had his Bday, so a cheat meal became a cheat day, loaded with Carbs
    And... yeah.. I don't care about eating carbs, but the problem is the timing, can't I just eat them without worrying about too much about the timing ?

I just did my very first 48 hour carb-up.
    I was only doing 24hour carb loads before this carb-load, but after continuing to read this incredible book "Body Opus" - I'm sold on 48 hour carb loads every freaking week!!!!!!! (Yes, it's badass for your muscles - NO you won't get fat)

My muscles looked like I had an INSANE gym pump during the last 24 hours of carb loading.
    (Remember - you don't workout during the carb-loading)
    Relax, hydrate really well, and follow the carb-up instructions I previously posted yesterday and you will be blown away by the results!!!!!

Check this out:
    Just finished my 48 hour carb load.
    Went to the gym and hit some badass PR's!!!
    Before today I was only able to do 225lbs for 6 reps.
    I busted out 10 reps today people!!!!!!!!!!
    (I'm only 212 lbs, and I've been "cutting" for over 4 months)
    PR's while on a VERY long cut?????
    Welcome to BODY OPUS!!!!!

Here's how I killed the gym today. All these include warm-up sets, and they go in order of how I got it done.
    Bench Press
    135x10
    225x10
    255x5
    245x5

Slight Incline DB Bench
    40x10
    50x8
    60x8

Tricep Pushdown
    80x10
    125x10
    155x8
    170x7
    180x6

Tricep Pulldown
    60x10
    100x8
    120x6

Machine Chest Press
    110x6
    150x6

BB Behind Back Shrugs for Traps
    95x10
    155x8
    185x8
    225x8
    245x8

Guillotine Press (Favorite for upper chest)
    (((If you haven't done these before, start LIGHT)))
    135x6
    185x6
    205x6

All these lifts were done with VERY strict form.
    I go nice and slow and concentrate on the mind-to-muscle connection.
    Had an incredible workout today - and will be killing my workout tomorrow as well !!!

Feel free to go buy this book. (Picture of the cover is on page 4)
    Best $30 you'll ever spend.
    Follow it, and be blown away!!!!!!!
    505 / 315 / 545

I just did my very first 48 hour carb-up.
    I was only doing 24hour carb loads before this carb-load, but after continuing to read this incredible book "Body Opus" - I'm sold on 48 hour carb loads every freaking week!!!!!!! (Yes, it's badass for your muscles - NO you won't get fat)

My muscles looked like I had an INSANE gym pump during the last 24 hours of carb loading.
    (Remember - you don't workout during the carb-loading)
    Relax, hydrate really well, and follow the carb-up instructions I previously posted yesterday and you will be blown away by the results!!!!!

Check this out:
    Just finished my 48 hour carb load.
    Went to the gym and hit some badass PR's!!!
    Before today I was only able to do 225lbs for 6 reps.
    I busted out 10 reps today people!!!!!!!!!!
    (I'm only 212 lbs, and I've been "cutting" for over 4 months)
    PR's while on a VERY long cut?????
    Welcome to BODY OPUS!!!!!

All these lifts were done with VERY strict form.
    I go nice and slow and concentrate on the mind-to-muscle connection.
    Had an incredible workout today - and will be killing my workout tomorrow as well !!!

Feel free to go buy this book. (Picture of the cover is on page 4)
    Best $30 you'll ever spend.
    Follow it, and be blown away!!!!!!!
    Yeah, I was still wondering about what happened on April 8/9....... which basically, I did a 36 hour carb up without even realizing it....... I felt like superman, and was hyper, very hyper, I thought it was the coconut oil that I first drank on april 10(my first coconut oil delivery)

problem is..... I don't have anything to cook carbs, should I just eat normally and call it an carb up without taking too much into consideration the timing and the amount of carbs needed to eat per hour ? Is there any disastrous consequences by not timing it right ?

And yeah..... does pizza counts as a carb up ?

FYI, from April 20, until May 11,(almost 22days on pure Keto, 3 weeks) I haven't had a single cheat meal, everything is the same, I feel like a robot, I was considering a cheat meal (all day eating whatever without considering anything ( I just a day of Mcdonalds/Pizza..... and a meat buffet)

Also, I only have 19 days until I finish my "fat loss"... too bad I won't reach 15%
    Last edited by ghepardo; 05-11-2013 at 10:51 AM.