IRideBikes1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arms Shaking and Feeling Weak

Hi Guys,

So I've recently started going to the gym to try and gain some size. I'm 6"2' and about 80kgs. Basically, I've been feeling really weak, and some days I'll go to the gym and just be unable to push myself at all because I am simply too weak to workout hard. Also my arms shake alot when working out, even on the machines, and I just realized that my arms shake when im doing no weights and just tensing my arms and doing the motion. When I have a good day (which lately is never) I love working out, and I love pushing myself. But it just seems like I'm always too weak to push myself. For example, I'll do 3 sets 12 reps and on my final set I'll go as hard as I can, get to about 8 reps and be unable to lift any more reps, sounds normal right, well the thing is once i've released the weight I never feel any burn, nor any muscle pump, while I'm lifting I never feel any burn, I just feel straight out weak.

I've been farely busy, working 6 days and doing 1 subject at uni, but I didnt think tiredness/stress could cause this could it? Has anyone else ever experienced this or can anyone shed some light on it? Even sitting here right now I don't want to tense my arms because I just feel too weak. I want to be able to go hard in a workout, I want to feel the burn, because when I can I love it, but I haven't had a good day in over a year. I've read about some disorders of the central nervous system that have scared me a bit. I thought it might be a thyroid disorder because my mother has one but I got a bloodtest done 6 months ago that came back clean, although I've just had another and am awaiting the results.

I have been sleeping poorly I know that, I'll wake up a couple of times a night and I clench my teeth at night, but I just find it hard to attribute all this to sleep.

Thanks.

ecko31s is on a distinguished road. (+10) ecko31s is on a distinguished road. (+10) ecko31s is on a distinguished road. (+10) ecko31s is on a distinguished road. (+10) ecko31s is on a distinguished road. (+10) ecko31s is on a distinguished road. (+10) ecko31s is on a distinguished road. (+10) ecko31s is on a distinguished road. (+10) ecko31s is on a distinguished road. (+10) ecko31s is on a distinguished road. (+10) ecko31s is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've experienced the whole shaking thing when working out after a long break. For me it's just conditioning, once I workout for a few weeks consistently it goes away. As far as the weak feeling, not getting enough rest definitely has something to do with it. Whenever I wake up several times during the night I always feel like crap and tired the next day. Also if your not eating enough or properly it will contribute the weakness feeling.
    Anything worth having is never easy to achieve...

When you get under that weight, you're either going to sink or swim...

No, I don't know what any of my max lifts are because I don't really care...