Thread: CJAGz BLSS log

CJAGz is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJAGz is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJAGz is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJAGz is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJAGz is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJAGz is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJAGz is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJAGz is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJAGz is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJAGz is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJAGz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

CJAGz BLSS log

Well, I am an idiot and didnt even know this subforum existed but thanks to a kind soul I was directed here... Alright, so I'm just going to repost my old stuff:

I don't really know why I am posting this. I guess I just saw some other similar threads and figured it would be helpful to use it as a log as well as a source of tips and/or insults.

So here's a bit of random info sloppily put together:
    I just started babylover's SS program as I am looking to build up my strength before going for mass. I am 15 and 6'0 at around 177 lbs give or take a few. I am pretty weak. :/. Nutrition is fine I think. I am in a caloric surplus and my diet is pretty much 0 junk food. Almost always lean protein (poultry, fish, eggs) with vegetables and fruits. I get fat from olives, fish, and peanuts. Pretty much everything I eat is organic with no added trash. I also have Whey and Creatine that I use.

So here is my starting point as of now:

Squat: 135 -I only do ATG (I am trying to improve my form as I lower my back too much and do more of a "Good Morning."

Bench: 120

Bent Over Rows: 85

Military Press: I will be trying 70 tomorrow.

Deadlift: I will be trying 190 tomorrow

Rear Delt Flies (machine): 70 -slow controlled reps

Bicep Curls: 45 (total)... -My arms are nonexistent

Tricep Pushdown: 50 -I think I will try the rope instead of the straight bar from now on.

Seated Cable Rows: 100-85-70. -probably need to keep trying until I find the ideal weight. This feels weird for me.

I need to do dips and chin ups asI don't really know why I am posting this. I guess I just saw some other similar threads and figured it would be helpful to use it as a log as well as a source of tips and/or insults.

So here's a bit of random info sloppily put together:
    I just started babylover's SS program as I am looking to build up my strength before going for mass. I am 15 and 6'0 at around 177 lbs give or take a few. I am pretty weak. :/. Nutrition is fine I think. I am in a caloric surplus and my diet is pretty much 0 junk food. Almost always lean protein (poultry, fish, eggs) with vegetables and fruits. I get fat from olives, fish, and peanuts. Pretty much everything I eat is organic with no added trash. I also have Whey and Creatine that I use.

So here is my starting point as of now:

Squat: 135 -I only do ATG (I am trying to improve my form as I lower my back too much and do more of a "Good Morning."

Bench: 120

Bent Over Rows: 85

Military Press: I will be trying 70 tomorrow.

Deadlift: I will be trying 190 tomorrow

Rear Delt Flies (machine): 70 -slow controlled reps

Bicep Curls: 45 (total)... -My arms are nonexistent

Tricep Pushdown: 50 -I think I will try the rope instead of the straight bar from now on.

Seated Cable Rows: 100-85-70. -probably need to keep trying until I find the ideal weight. This feels weird for me.

I need to do dips and chin ups assisted so I will try that out.

So, yeah, that is my pathetic starting point. I guess I'll see if I can't bang these weights up.

Any tips or insults are appreciated.sisted so I will try that out.

So, yeah, that is my pathetic starting point. I guess I'll see if I can't bang these weights up.

Any tips or insults are appreciated.

Update from today's workout:

Squats went up to 155 and form was good but started slipping up in the 3rd set.

Deadlift was 185. Quite easy. I felt like I could've pulled 200.

Military Press went up to 70. Last set was only 3 reps

I also tried the CGBP with 95 lbs. I think I'll try it out some more with a little less weight because my form was a little sloppy (elbows need to be tucked in more).

Attempted the assisted dips but the machine sucked for my long arms and I obviously had no idea what I was doing. I'll have to see what I can do about dips.

So, I guess the next update will be Saturday or Sunday. I'll see if I can't bring my squat up to 160 and my bench to 125 or so.

Well, I wasn't able to workout on the weekend so today is the most recent update I can give. I'm not proud...

I attempted a 165 squat but messed up twice and ended up getting fatigued a little earlier than I should of. After that fail, I had to move down to 135 again. Felt harder than usual. Maybe I'm not eating enough or maybe it's because I had to do squats practically last.

Bent over rows went up to 90. Lightweight!

My seated cable rows were the same but much more comfortable and easier.

The 40 and 45 straight curl bars were taken so I had to go for 50lbs on the bicep curls. Tossed out one set of 8 but the next two sets only hit 4 reps.

My bench press went up to 125. Hit failure on the 4th rep of the second set. Went back down to 115 for the final set.

So, aside from my disgusting failure on squats, it wasn't so bad. I'll just have to stick with 125 on the bench press and try 155 again on squats.

I'm gonna see if I can't deadlift between 190 and 200 on Thursday, so that will be the next update.

CJAGz is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJAGz is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJAGz is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJAGz is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJAGz is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJAGz is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJAGz is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJAGz is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJAGz is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJAGz is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJAGz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Are you kidding me? Jesus Christ, I spend an hour on another post and the post button decides not to work. Lovely. So rather than giving any story on how all this worked out, I'll just give weights.

Deadlift: 205

Front Squat (1st time):115

MP: push pressed 75, went down to 65 on second sets for normal MP because of doing CGBP prior.

CGBP: did 75 with better form

No dips, gotta get triceps stronger.

Well, again I missed the weekends workout. Was planning on going on Sunday but it didn't work out. I got some better shoes for lifting though.

So today was nothing special. Weights didn't really increase.

Squats: Back to 155... Had to go WAY low because my usual rack was taken. In the power rack I can go down until my butt is literally 3 or 4 inches from the ground. First set was perfect. Second set was decent. Third set got sloppy. Last 2 or 3 reps were like good mornings. Weight was comfortable though.

Bench: Stayed at 125. Hit failure on the fifth rep of the third set.

I added in Lat Pulls today because I can only do one pull-up. No doubt they were what caused some of my other lifts to go down. I did 3x8. Maybe I'll just do 2x8 instead.

BBR: Started with 100 and did a few reps. Couldn't go all the way to my chest after a few reps and was tired from pulldowns so I had to go down to 80 to get acceptable form.

Cable Rows: I'm still not sure if I am allowed to use momentum to help with this. Without momentum, I use 85 and it is hard for me. Lat pull brought it down from 100.

Curls: Did one good set of 50. Went down to 45 and still only did 4 reps on last two sets... Doesn't make sense because I can curl my 30lb dumbells at home for like 10 reps. I'd think I could use around 60 on the bar.

Rear Delts: Well I had to wait like 20 minutes to use the machine so while I was waiting I did low rows on as high weight as possible. I was bored. Still do 70lbs on the rear delt with a 2 second pull, 2 second pause, and 4 second return for each rep.

Hoping to increase my front squat and deadlift on Thursday. MP might go up, but I'm not sure. I do pushups on my off days which does slightly affect some of my lifts.

So, yeah...

Adipowers

Used my shoes for the first time today. Felt quite stable and there was perfect form, depth, and no knee pain. But there were some complications...

I tried front squats. After getting up to 155 for 3 (which should have been easy as hell) I realized I was having an off day. The weight... Which I can probably push press for around 8 reps... Felt really heavy. And more importantly, my heart rate was really high and I was sweating more than ever. So much sweat and fatigue that I decided to stop. I have time. So...

I decided to try Overhead Squats: Ended up doing 75 for 3x5. Balance is the hard part. Don't want to fall forward or backwards. But here's the rest:

Hammer Chins: 7/5/4 -Going to try to do sets of 5 next time.

Pendlay Row: 145 for 3x5 good form.

Bench Press in rack: 185 for 5/3 -Form was perfect and I was probably going too slow... Was more of a pause bench than TNG... But I was off and my chest was fatigued from doing dumbells two days ago.

Rack lockouts (top 6-8"): 225 for 5.

Cable Rows: 130 for 3x8-10 and 175 for 1 set of 6 super sloppy reps.

Also did a quick 2 sets of high rep barbell curls with 50.

Had to leave early. Sucks.

Not sure if I should just do a clean bulk or cut. I think I'll clean bulk because I am so bad at cutting. I'd rather get stronger and gain some mass than just continuously fail at cutting. I don't even have much muscle anyways. Until my arms, legs, and chest have some more mass, I don't want to be lean.

Tough

Decided to ramp for OHP:
    95x5
    115x5
    140x4 should have been 5 but I accidentally let my core loose and had to rebalance in the middle of the set.

Conventional Deadlift: 325 for 1x5 VERY HARD. 5th rep had complete form breakdown. Low back might have rounded on last 2 reps but I'm not sure as I have no pain or discomfort or the pump I usually get when directly training low back. Regardless, this was a set to failure. I doubt I had another rep in me. I would say that abs and legs are the weak point but at this stage I just need to keep up my progress as everything is weak.

Dips: BW+45 for 2x5 quite difficult. Did one set of 8 with just BW.

Back squat: 215 for 3x5 The last rep was a struggle I guess. Getting better. Still have a sticking point in the middle. I pretty much only have a glute MMC on these.

Barbell Lunges (first time ever): 95 for 3x6-8. Actually much more difficult than I thought. Kind of awkward but I feel that once I get the hang of it, I will find its worth.

Rope pushdowns which I am ungodly weak at, and overhead extensions.

tried ab wheel rollouts. On knees of course. Full ROM (or possibly juuuuust shy of full rom) for like 3 extremely difficult sets of 3. These are so hard so they must be good. My abs were sore immediately. Course so were my lats, pecs, and arms.

Followed that with a quick 2x15 of cable curls

Made a GHR with the smith machine: Used a lat bar. But wasnt as hard as I thought it would be. Negatives were tough. The problem is that I get charlie horses whenever I train hamstrings hard. So I only did a crappy 1x3 to try it and then fail because my hamstrings standing cramping.

Always had the hamstring cramps. I dont know how to get rid of them. I cant foam roll my hamstrings as the foam roller is too soft and the lacrosse ball is too small to roll on.

At least my squats and deads are progressing. That 405 deadlift is coming along very quickly. I hope it stays that way. Ill probably fail my 335 for 5 attempt hard... That would be some ridiculous progression though for only getting back into them like a month ago.

Strong movie snacks

Went to movies. Literally stuffed my pants with snacks I bought. Popcorn and candy is for betas. Calculating macros:

Cals: 2320
    Fat: 52g
    Carbs: 82g
    Proteinz: 340g

Total protein for day: 500g

Lol, and my goal was 250. Guess I can lowball protein for the next day or two if I have to.

. MADCOWS WEEK1 DAY 2

OHP:
    140x7 -decides to push since i only do these once a week. Had one more in me too.

DEADLIFT: 320x6-8 -disnt pay attention after rep 5. Had my first set interrupted when one of the trainers came up and said i cant take video in there (was getting a form check.) i dont mind complying and deleting the video but the fact that that guy had the audacity to interrupt my deadlift set and then look to make sure i deleted the video pisses me off.

He is one of several trainers that hate me because I am stronger than all of them in every way and I'm not some quarter squatting noob they can con into personal training.

Also did the light squats, rear delt flies and some chin ups to failure (8/6/5).