MiByrne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiByrne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiByrne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiByrne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiByrne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiByrne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiByrne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiByrne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiByrne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiByrne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiByrne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

At home workouts

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone had any links or tips for creating a workout at home , thanks.

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It all really depends on what you have available at home. Location isn't a factor it is the available equipment. You could have dam near a full gym at home and be able to anything you please or you might have nothing but a dumbbell or two. What do you have available?

MiByrne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiByrne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiByrne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiByrne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiByrne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiByrne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiByrne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiByrne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiByrne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiByrne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiByrne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As of right now, I have nothing, I'm going to buy an excercise ball and maybe a few other inexpensive items. For now I'm just going to be doing planks crunches wall sits push-ups stuff like that I guess.

Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Your best bet would be to invest in a standard or olympic barbell, two adjustable dumbbells, and some weight plates. Forget the exercise ball.

If you have money and or space, a bench and squat rack would be good, but they are not essential.

For legs I would start with a squat variant and deadlift variant. You can front squat by placing a barbell on your bed and getting it into position by starting at the bottom of the first rep and moving your arms into clean grip on the ascent of your first rep. It hurts and feel awkward at first, but you quickly get used to it.

You can easily deadlift off the floor.

For chest, some form of bench press, you can elevate yourself with pillows if you don't have a bench to achieve full ROM. Barbell and dumbbell variations are good.

For back, a bent row variant and/or pullup variant (if you have a pullup bar).

Shoulders, bis, and tris are just as easily done at home.

Abs are hit well by compounds, but you can do more ab work if you like.

For beginners, full body or at least an upper/lower split are adviseable. I wouldn't do more than 3-4 exercises per workout, mostly compounds.

Just make sure your form is solid and read the stickies in this and the Exercise section, good luck!

WinterBlues has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Rasputin,

I was looking at benches, a barbell, and adjustable dumbbells. Does brand matter? Any recommendations? My goal is to gain a good amount of muscle from home since I'm busy working from my computer. Space isn't really an issue, and neither is cost, but as an amateur I guess I don't need top of the line equipment.

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by WinterBlues View Post
    Hey Rasputin,

I was looking at benches, a barbell, and adjustable dumbbells. Does brand matter? Any recommendations? My goal is to gain a good amount of muscle from home since I'm busy working from my computer. Space isn't really an issue, and neither is cost, but as an amateur I guess I don't need top of the line equipment.
    Not a whole lot of difference from 1 brand to the next. I find buying something in the middle of the price range is usually best.

Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Rasputin,

There are usually a lot of people trying to unload weights on Craigslist. Get an Olympic barbell set, it will last you forever (brand doesn't really matter just maker sure it is an Olympic type). If you are ready to invest you can do everything you need with a barbell, squat/power rack, adjustable bench, and two dumbbells.
    Muscles For Marriage: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166041651

Ten Lifting Commandments: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153518741

Originally Posted by Judge248 View Post
    There are usually a lot of people trying to unload weights on Craigslist. Get an Olympic barbell set, it will last you forever (brand doesn't really matter just maker sure it is an Olympic type). If you are ready to invest you can do everything you need with a barbell, squat/power rack, adjustable bench, and two dumbbells.
    K cool. Yea I want to invest in everything I need. Do you know where I can find a complete workout routine? And do you do cardio x times a week or? I've never been into lifting, so I don't know how to go about building a program for myself. Also, I've heard once you get past your bodies daily need for protein it just becomes excess excrement, and was suggested to just eat a great white meat diet for my protein (as opposed to powder). Thoughts?

Do you know where I can find a complete workout routine?
    LMAO!!

Sorry but that is a really funny question. You are on BBdotcom asking for where you can find a complete workout routine. That's like standing in front of a 7-11 and asking where to get something to drink.

Look for a beginner/novice routine in the Workout Program Forum. AllPro and the Novice 5x5 are quite popular. Then read the stickies in the nutrition section. That will give you everything you need to know to get started.

Originally Posted by Mdenatale View Post
    LMAO!!

Sorry but that is a really funny question. You are on BBdotcom asking for where you can find a complete workout routine. That's like standing in front of a 7-11 and asking where to get something to drink.

Look for a beginner/novice routine in the Workout Program Forum. AllPro and the Novice 5x5 are quite popular. Then read the stickies in the nutrition section. That will give you everything you need to know to get started.
    Haha I know it seems silly, but there is so much info available it's almost a problem, ya know? There are multiple opinions about how to approach everything. The 5x5 looks great though thanks man. I'll creep some more while I shop for equipment.

Haha I know it seems silly, but there is so much info available it's almost a problem, ya know? There are multiple opinions about how to approach everything. The 5x5 looks great though thanks man. I'll creep some more while I shop for equipment.
    I'm really wanting to get a cage, bench and barbell myself, but just can't part with the money at the moment. I currently use a home gym and dumbbells. I keep checking for Craig's list but it seems every time I find something I'm one day late

I'm not sure where you are, but Dick's seems to have some good stuff for the price. They have a cage for $400, an adjustable bench for $150 and a 300lbs Olympic set for $200. Not a bad set up for $750.

Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mdenatale View Post
    I'm really wanting to get a cage, bench and barbell myself, but just can't part with the money at the moment. I currently use a home gym and dumbbells. I keep checking for Craig's list but it seems every time I find something I'm one day late

I'm not sure where you are, but Dick's seems to have some good stuff for the price. They have a cage for $400, an adjustable bench for $150 and a 300lbs Olympic set for $200. Not a bad set up for $750.
    Yeah Craigslits you definitely need to be quick on the draw. Weight sets go up pretty frequently so I would check daily and jump on the next one you see. Power racks and quality benches are a little more sparse. That might be worth it to buy new (there are some good ones amazon), just make sure you are getting one that can handle enough weight to last you a while. And if you know anything about welding or are willing to learn its possible to build one yourself for pennies on the dollar of what you would pay in a store, but you obviously need to know what you are doing.
    Muscles For Marriage: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166041651

Ten Lifting Commandments: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153518741

Location: Hastings, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    123STEVE123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Home workout

Originally Posted by MiByrne View Post
    Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone had any links or tips for creating a workout at home , thanks.
    Really cheap way is to buy a kettlebell, there are lots of home workouts on line and YouTube. Good luck with your training

ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I’ve got a barbell, weights, chin up bar, dip bars, and bands.

No space for a bench or squat rack.

I do a lot of landmine exercises, especially squats and presses

ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I think at home there are enough simple simulators for the press and back

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ckkon View Post
    I think at home there are enough simple simulators for the press and back
    Stop posting useless comments on old threads, if your goal is to get your post count up you're just going to end up banned.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

Biswajit687 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    We know daily exercise is good for optimizing health. But with so many options and limitless information available, it's easy to get overwhelmed with what works.

Check out the 4 exercises videos you can do for ultimate fitness. Combine them into a routine for a workout that's simple but powerful and sure to keep you in shape for the rest of your life.