Passion4Pretty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Food Allergies, Any Protein Supplement Suggestions?

I am just starting out and was hoping to do Jamie Eason's 12 week plan as close to the plan as possible, but it's suggesting whey protein and unfortunately I am allergic to dairy. I'm not too familiar about proteins other than soy or whey, are there any other options that are comparable? I'm also allergic to eggs, wheat, and gluten.

Registered User IntegrityDriven's Avatar
    IntegrityDriven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hello there

look into Vega Sport performance protein, its a plant based protein powder.
    i also have a sensitivity to to dairy and egg, i have been using Vega protein powders for almost a year now.

it is dairy, gluten and soy free.

it comes in berry, chocolate and vanilla flavours

the berry flavour is my usual, it says to mix with water but you can also mix with any kind of juice instead, just depends on your preference.
    Last edited by IntegrityDriven; 03-23-2013 at 09:57 PM.

lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Brown rice protein is highly regarded, but its, um, not tasty :X

Passion4Pretty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys! I started using the brown rice one for baking, but I agree it's not my cup of tea/gets old fast. I did try a hemp protein from trader joes and it's pretty good mixed with almond milk. I'm definitely going to look into the Vega Sport hopefully that one will taste better.

scotthm2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scotthm2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scotthm2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scotthm2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scotthm2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scotthm2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scotthm2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scotthm2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scotthm2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scotthm2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scotthm2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Passion4Pretty View Post
    I am just starting out and was hoping to do Jamie Eason's 12 week plan as close to the plan as possible, but it's suggesting whey protein and unfortunately I am allergic to dairy. I'm not too familiar about proteins other than soy or whey, are there any other options that are comparable? I'm also allergic to eggs, wheat, and gluten.
    I am allergic to dairy (not badly mind you) and I can still drink whey protein. Not sure if it is because of the manufacturing process tbh. Anyway you don't need protein powder at all. It's just food in powder form. Sure it's convenient but you can just have some chicken instead. Seriously it's all marketing!