Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Vivvid View Post
    Here is a article written by Lyle McDonald which is based on lots of findings backed up by studies, it explains the carb up and what you should know in a few pages.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/resear...-mcdonald.html
    Thanks for the link, good detailed read!

• April 5, 2013

Started out the day with just 4 eggs cooked in butter. Then went out for lunch, had a steak and couldn't eat the side dishes of apple coleslaw and rice noodles. Then I went shopping after my workout!

Post-workout meal:

- Lucky Charms in chocolate milk
    - 2 (of 6) donuts
    - half those Skittles
    - protein shake for ~60g protein

I just stuck to my regularly planned squat day (back squat + leg press + leg curls), so no full-body glycogen super-compensation.

Forever Musclebound aaaaaaaaaachooo's Avatar
    aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Here is a article written by Lyle McDonald which is based on lots of findings backed up by studies, it explains the carb up and what you should know in a few pages.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/resear...-mcdonald.html
    Strong Read. GJDM! I knew most of this, but not all. Repped.
    505 / 315 / 545

Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ye its a good one!
    Lol Pretend gues you gonna move the gym itself to the other side of town with that pre-workout meal

pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    • April 6, 2013

Had the last last 4 donuts from above with coffee for breakfast.

Brunch: 4 slices of french toast, layered with Nutella and banana. Covered in maple syrup. Glass of coke!

Lunch: Proatmeal with "a tablespoon" of Nutella and a handful of marshmallows. Glass of coke!

Dinner: Sludge with UP2 chocolate + chocolate milk. Lucky Charms + 2 bananas mixed in.

Finished the Skittles off too, obviously

Tomorrow, back to keto.

Water Heater in Training lochinvar76's Avatar
    lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Holy Mother of Carb Ups! I am so jealous of that french toast lol

Originally Posted by lochinvar76 View Post
    Holy Mother of Carb Ups! I am so jealous of that french toast lol
    Haha, french toast is always good. I went a bit overboard with calories not counting anything, but it was fun! Next time I'll rein it in.

• April 7, 2013

By my rough estimates of my 36-hour carb-up, I exceeded maintenance by around 1000cal. Which basically sets me back 4 days of cutting (~500cal deficit). So kept intake a bit lower today to help offset it, I'll just go back to normal tomorrow, and do it more calculated next time.

Was definitely testing negative for ketones last night, this morning, and tonight. It might take tomorrow's workout to bring me back in.

Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Most people think that theere will be a fat gain due to the high calorie intake during the carbup (almost double maintainance).
    But this can be limited by following some guidelines:
    - Keep fat intake at 88 grams or below. (When muscle glycogen is depleted, incoming carbohydrates appear to be used preferentially to refill glycogen stores, and fat continues to be used for energy production)
    -IF you are maximize your fat loss a 24 hour carbup is what you are looking for. Why? Duringa study ,the first 24 hours, with a carbohydrate intake of 700 grams and a fat intake of 60 grams per day, there was a fat gain of only 7 grams.
    In the second 24 hours, with an intake of 800 grams of carbohydrate and a fat intake of 97 grams, there was a fat gain of 127 grams.
    Indicating that the body had shifted out of ‘fat burning’ mode as muscle glycogen stores became full.
    http://www.researchgate.net/publicat...feeding_in_man

Registered User YesiEvenLiftBro's Avatar
    YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    good sweet lord... you are the jesus of carb ups

I'm so gonna foodpr0n ur ass on my next carbup

Most people think that theere will be a fat gain due to the high calorie intake during the carbup (almost double maintainance).
    That's interesting... not sure how I'd be able to tell if there was or wasn't much fat gain. I was 3lbs heavier today vs Friday before the carbs, but obviously that isn't 3lbs of fat, probably all water in the glycogen-filled muscles. Either way, I'll be more controlled with my intake next time, I was so stuffed at the end of both nights lol.

Originally Posted by YesiEvenLiftBro View Post
    good sweet lord... you are the jesus of carb ups
    looool, just gotta think of the carby treats you enjoy, then eat them all!

I'm so gonna foodpr0n ur ass on my next carbup
    Very much looking forward to it!

• April 8, 2013

Normal diet today. Not quite BBQ weather (-5C this evening) but I'm a trooper. Steak's on the menu!

The workout went pretty well, and I think I'm going to up it to 4 days a week. It fits better with 5-3-1 as it allows hitting all the muscle groups each week, which is also good for the glycogen replenishing on Saturdays!

• April 11, 2013

I've been busy with other things and haven't kept up with the logging I'm still here, and I've still been tracking my foods though! This week has been pretty consistent: scrambed eggs for breakfast, Edo double beef for lunch, steak for dinner.

Here's tonight's dinner:

And the meals:

I didn't register positive for ketones until Wednesday night... so maybe there was too much glucose floating around my system. My weight also jumped up a couple pounds since last Friday and hasn't gone back down. I'm sure that's just water weight though.

I'm debating whether to do another carb-up this weekend (tracking intake this time), or only do it every other week. I've yet to feel a big drop in energy or performance as a result of ketosis, so maybe I can go longer than one a week.

When i feel like i wanna mix things up and have some foodpr0n, i just browse your log ^.^

Personally, if i dont feel the urge for carbup (energy, mental etc) i wouldnt do it. There no reason to except if you cant resist the call of donut!

When i feel like i wanna mix things up and have some foodpr0n, i just browse your log ^.^

Personally, if i dont feel the urge for carbup (energy, mental etc) i wouldnt do it. There no reason to except if you cant resist the call of donut!
    Yeah I think you're right. I might do one anyways every 2-3 weeks, but like you say, if I don't need it I shouldn't force it. Plus it'll make the donuts that much better!

• April 12, 2013

Weight has been pretty stable over the past 2 weeks (since I started cutting), but I'm not going to drop it yet! Technically it was all decreasing, except for the carb-up.

Cheddar cheese melted onto salmon works really well. I was gonna take a pic, but ate it instead

Remember the pizza mix i linked?

Remember the pizza mix i linked?
    YES! Now that's a bacon pizza. Got pics of it cooked?

Whats left of it

[img][/img]
    Whats left of it
    Looks like it cooked up nicely! Leaves no question that it's a bacon pizza lol.

I've been sick with a head cold since Friday night, didn't eat the best this weekend, but calories were close and carbs low, so it should be fine. I'm just worried I'll have to miss workouts this week

• April 23, 2013

Down to 199lbs today! I was actually worried it would be less, because I was sick all last week. I still made an effort to hit my calories with low carbs, but wasn't actually tracking... just focused on getting better. Unfortunately I missed 5 workout days due to illness. I'm on the deload week now, so will go Tuesday-Friday to get it done this week. I'm sure my muscles had enough deload laying in bed all week...

Back into it today!

I picked up some new protein powders. I wanted to try some other low-carb ones... I'm still not sure how I ended up ordering that 5g carb per scoop one. Neither one are very good, but I've had worse.

Its alive!!!!!!

Its alive!!!!!!
    Hahaha. Yes, back from the dead!

• April 24, 2013

Blah. Was lazy today for food. The coffee flavored protein isn't too bad. Better mixed with chocolate than on its own (what isn't??).

Yep, pretty unbalanced macros there. Oh well, tomorrow's another day!

aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Feeling any better?! Hope to keep checking up on your progress!!
    Looking good my man!

This should help with motivation...

...not srs... lol
    505 / 315 / 545

She has 4 ti.. o w8 those are biceps..

Originally Posted by aaaaaaaaaachooo View Post
    Feeling any better?! Hope to keep checking up on your progress!!
    Looking good my man!

This should help with motivation...

[IMG]ew[/IMG]

...not srs... lol
    Yeah man, I'm doing much better, thanks! That pic is just so wrong it's funny... and sad for her x.x

She has 4 ti.. o w8 those are biceps..
    Haha, they're all about the same size

• April 25, 2013

Not the sleaziest of food pics, but it's my dinner soup! Wasn't ready to go all-out bone broth, so I just bought some chicken stock to keep up those electrolytes!

- box of Campbell's chicken broth
    - 2 chicken breasts
    - 2 stalks of celery
    - 1 cup broccoli
    - 2 eggs (added at end)
    - Sriracha
    - herbs

Somehow the macros and total calories are way off from each other. Ah, just added things up, and it's the Eggs Benedict that adds up to about 2x the listed calories. So that means I went over around 150. Well, more since I didn't count all the other soup ingredients... No big deal!

The hash browns and English muffins that came with the Benedict + bratwurst looked amazing, but managed to leave them alone on the plate. I feel bad for the waiters when I eat out! Maybe I should just say ahead of time to leave out any carby parts.

• April 27, 2013

Skipped logging yesterday. Breakfast and lunch were standard, but then I went out for beers and lost track. Also started the carb-up with some stuffed-burger creation from Boston Pizza:

I was expecting something like a Pizza Pocket, but more hamburgery. It was more like a bad/overcooked hamburger with pizza dough instead of a bun. Should have had lasagna.

Anyways, for today I'll be tracking a bit differently: just the food + carb content.

Skim milk latte: 6g
    2 Poptarts: 72g
    Lucky Charms with skim milk: 41g
    4 Fudgee-Os with milk: 49g
    Skim milk latte: 6g
    French toast with maple syrup: 145g
    4 Fudgee-Os with milk: 49g
    Spinach ravioli with ground beef: 68g
    4 Fudgee-Os 36g
    Lucky Charms with skim milk: 41g
    2 Poptarts with milk: 85g

Total: 598g carbs

Should be enough for all the stores! I never really felt full today, probably from the low fat.

My last carbup weekend as well. prolly sarting a regular deficit diet in june.
    i set my goal for 85kh on june 1st, started running with a extra -300 deficit and went from 88.1 to 86.5kg lsat friday.
    Thats double my regular weekly loss just by cutting 300 cals

Jelly of the carb-up!! haha.
    I'm skipping next week's carb-up....but the carb-up in 2 weeks will be epic. haha
    505 / 315 / 545

mfitty9000 is just really nice. (+1000) mfitty9000 is just really nice. (+1000) mfitty9000 is just really nice. (+1000) mfitty9000 is just really nice. (+1000) mfitty9000 is just really nice. (+1000) mfitty9000 is just really nice. (+1000) mfitty9000 is just really nice. (+1000) mfitty9000 is just really nice. (+1000) mfitty9000 is just really nice. (+1000) mfitty9000 is just really nice. (+1000) mfitty9000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    this is a great read