Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    NJminute will become famous soon enough. (+50) NJminute will become famous soon enough. (+50) NJminute will become famous soon enough. (+50) NJminute will become famous soon enough. (+50) NJminute will become famous soon enough. (+50) NJminute will become famous soon enough. (+50) NJminute will become famous soon enough. (+50) NJminute will become famous soon enough. (+50) NJminute will become famous soon enough. (+50) NJminute will become famous soon enough. (+50) NJminute will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cellucor C4 itchy face?! will this go away as i continue to take it?

It wears off with some time, but i find it very uncomfortable. I start itching in places not only in tge face. And i feel like my face is red but when i look in the mirror it looks fine. I know its from the beta alanine. Is it normal?

evidence based poster Terrimonas's Avatar
    Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That sounds more like what the niacin would do. The paresthesia/tingling from beta alanine diminishes for most people. The cutaneous reactions / itching / warmth from niacin may or may not for various and seemingly random reasons. If that gets annoying, you could try some aspirin about 30 minutes before C4 but that hasn't always been shown to work.
    Last edited by Terrimonas; 03-22-2013 at 07:04 PM.

bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NJminute View Post
    It wears off with some time, but i find it very uncomfortable. I start itching in places not only in tge face. And i feel like my face is red but when i look in the mirror it looks fine. I know its from the beta alanine. Is it normal?
    Yeah it's normal. It will go away after a while.

Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Beta alanine would most likely make your face feel tingly/itchy
    *Sold my cock to Lumber Liquidators because its not like I am using it *
    *Walk into Moes, nobody says welcome to Moes*
    *Not worried about someone stealing my identity because nobody wants to be me crew*
    *Nearly overdosed on Zoloft*
    *Life is like an Abilify commercial*
    *Not a ****phile I am just looking for thin mints*
    *mod negged for no reason crew*

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Lightly-Juiced View Post
    Beta alanine would most likely make your face feel tingly/itchy
    Originally Posted by bulkbreh View Post
    Yeah it's normal. It will go away after a while.
    Correct, OP how much are you dosing? Try reducing your intake in half and see how the effects hold up.

loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Correct, OP how much are you dosing? Try reducing your intake in half and see how the effects hold up.

now thats a **** load of post / rep give me 1k :P

shomodas is not very well liked. (-100) shomodas is not very well liked. (-100) shomodas is not very well liked. (-100) shomodas is not very well liked. (-100) shomodas is not very well liked. (-100) shomodas is not very well liked. (-100) shomodas is not very well liked. (-100) shomodas is not very well liked. (-100) shomodas is not very well liked. (-100) shomodas is not very well liked. (-100) shomodas is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by NJminute View Post
    Yeah man, thats pretty typical with beta-alanine. Not to mention the fact that the proprietary blend probably has several ingredients in it which may have similar effects. I got used to it with time and I had the same concern as you when I first started using beta alanine.

domore1 is just really nice. (+1000) domore1 is just really nice. (+1000) domore1 is just really nice. (+1000) domore1 is just really nice. (+1000) domore1 is just really nice. (+1000) domore1 is just really nice. (+1000) domore1 is just really nice. (+1000) domore1 is just really nice. (+1000) domore1 is just really nice. (+1000) domore1 is just really nice. (+1000) domore1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Terrimonas View Post
    That sounds more like what the niacin would do. The paresthesia/tingling from beta alanine diminishes for most people. The cutaneous reactions / itching / warmth from niacin may or may not for various and seemingly random reasons. If that gets annoying, you could try some aspirin about 30 minutes before C4 but that hasn't always been shown to work.
    Interesting. You have a wealth of knowledge.

Honest question. Could you explain the reasoning to dose aspirin, please?

Supasing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Supasing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Supasing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Supasing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Supasing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Supasing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Supasing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Supasing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Supasing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Supasing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Supasing will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by shomodas View Post
    Yeah man, thats pretty typical with beta-alanine. Not to mention the fact that the proprietary blend probably has several ingredients in it which may have similar effects. I got used to it with time and I had the same concern as you when I first started using beta alanine.
    Originally Posted by domore1 View Post

I personally would not take aspirin around my workout. Aspirin is an NSAID (non steroidal anti inflammatory) that also functions to reduce protein synthesis. You'll get used to the beta alanine tingles, and soon you won't even notice them.

domore1 is just really nice. (+1000) domore1 is just really nice. (+1000) domore1 is just really nice. (+1000) domore1 is just really nice. (+1000) domore1 is just really nice. (+1000) domore1 is just really nice. (+1000) domore1 is just really nice. (+1000) domore1 is just really nice. (+1000) domore1 is just really nice. (+1000) domore1 is just really nice. (+1000) domore1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Supasing View Post
    I personally would not take aspirin around my workout. Aspirin is an NSAID (non steroidal anti inflammatory) that also functions to reduce protein synthesis. You'll get used to the beta alanine tingles, and soon you won't even notice them.
    I haven't ever felt paresthesia/tingles from beta alanine. I was just curious as to why Terrimonas recommended it (specifically what mechanisms it is acting on). The guy calls a spade a spade, so I don't think he would make a recommendation without some basis.
    Last edited by domore1; 03-22-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by domore1 View Post

Niacin activates the G-protein coupled receptor GPR109A in certain dermal cells which ultimately results in the production of lipoxygenases, thromboxanes and prostaglandins which cause the flushing etc... COX obviously acts at an intermediate step and the aspirin is a COXi and suppresses the pathway. It generally takes about 300 mg of aspirin to suppress the effects of a high dose of niacin but it's possible that you could get a way with a smaller aspirin dose for a smaller niacin dose. Again it's probably not something I would make a habit of doing unless it was really annoying and uncomfortable and I would probably stop using the product before trying to treat its side effects.

schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

Agreed.
    Thomas Schnepp
    *Professional Natural Bodybuilder 2016
    *NGA HOA 5th place pro finish 2016
    *NPC Nationally qualified natural bodybuilder 2014
    Contest prep/ Weight loss coach
    Contact me: officialteamschnepp@gmail.com
    Thomas Schnepp @ Facebook
    thomasschnepp @ instigram

kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I miss the BA tingles. I hardly feel it anymore even with like 6 grams.

Niacin activates the G-protein coupled receptor GPR109A in certain dermal cells which ultimately results in the production of lipoxygenases, thromboxanes and prostaglandins which cause the flushing etc... COX obviously acts at an intermediate step and the aspirin is a COXi and suppresses the pathway. It generally takes about 300 mg of aspirin to suppress the effects of a high dose of niacin but it's possible that you could get a way with a smaller aspirin dose for a smaller niacin dose. Again it's probably not something I would make a habit of doing unless it was really annoying and uncomfortable and I would probably stop using the product before trying to treat its side effects.
    Awesome. I appreciate the breakdown. I've never experienced niacin flush, so it wouldn't be something I would try. However, I was genuinely curious in your answer. Thanks.

Supasing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Supasing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Supasing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Supasing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Supasing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Supasing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Supasing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Supasing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Supasing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Supasing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Supasing will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Negs for just sharing my opinion drawn from actual literature? Thanks. Do I know how much aspirin it takes to dull protein synthesis? Apparently a normal over the counter dose.

OP, don't take aspirin consistently for a tingly face.

Posted by user: Reality_Check:

Originally Posted by J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001 Oct;86(10):5067-70
    Skeletal Muscle PGF2and PGE2 in Response to Eccentric Resistance Exercise: Influence of Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen

Abstract

PGs have been shown to modulate skeletal muscle protein metabolism as well as inflammation and pain. In nonskeletal muscle tissues, the over the counter analgesic drugs ibuprofen and acetaminophen function through suppression of PG synthesis. We previously reported that ibuprofen and acetaminophen inhibit the normal increase in skeletal muscle protein synthesis after high intensity eccentric resistance exercise. The current study examined skeletal muscle PG levels in the same subjects to further investigate the mechanisms of action of these drugs in exercised skeletal muscle. Twenty-four males (25 ± 3 yr) were assigned to 3 groups that received the maximal over the counter dose of ibuprofen (1200 mg/d), acetaminophen (4000 mg/d), or a placebo after 10–14 sets of 10 eccentric repetitions at 120% of concentric 1 repetition maximum using the knee extensors. Preexercise and 24 h postexercise biopsies of the vastus lateralis revealed that the exercise-induced change in PGF2 in the placebo group (77%) was significantly different (P < 0.05) from those in the ibuprofen (-1%) and acetaminophen (-14%) groups. However, the exercise-induced change in PGE2 in the placebo group (64%) was only significantly different (P < 0.05) from that in the acetaminophen group (-16%). The exercise-induced changes in PGF2 and PGE2 were not different between the ibuprofen and acetaminophen groups. These results suggest that ibuprofen and acetaminophen have a comparable effect on suppressing the normal increase in PGF2 in human skeletal muscle after eccentric resistance exercise, which may profoundly influence the anabolic response of muscle to this form of exercise.

Discussion

............In summary, these findings suggest that PGF2 is increased in human skeletal muscle after eccentric resistance exercise. The common analgesics IBU and ACET, when consumed at maximal over the counter doses, blunt this response. This attenuated PG response may profoundly influence the anabolic response of muscle to this form of exercise. More information is needed about the isoform(s) of cyclooxygenase in human skeletal muscle and the metabolic consequences of PG blockade in skeletal muscle.

Originally Posted by Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2002 Mar;282(3):E551-6
    Effect of ibuprofen and acetaminophen on postexercise muscle protein synthesis

Abstract

We examined the effect of two commonly consumed over-the-counter analgesics, ibuprofen and acetaminophen, on muscle protein synthesis and soreness after high-intensity eccentric resistance exercise. Twenty-four males (25 ± 3 yr, 180 ± 6 cm, 81 ± 6 kg, and 17 ± 8% body fat) were assigned to one of three groups that received either the maximal over-the-counter dose of ibuprofen (IBU; 1,200 mg/day), acetaminophen (ACET; 4,000 mg/day), or a placebo (PLA) after 10-14 sets of 10 eccentric repetitions at 120% of concentric one-repetition maximum with the knee extensors. Postexercise (24 h) skeletal muscle fractional synthesis rate (FSR) was increased 76 ± 19% (P < 0.05) in PLA (0.058 ± 0.012%/h) and was unchanged (P > 0.05) in IBU (35 ± 21%; 0.021 ± 0.014%/h) and ACET (22 ± 23%; 0.010 ± 0.019%/h). Neither drug had any influence on whole body protein breakdown, as measured by rate of phenylalanine appearance, on serum creatine kinase, or on rating of perceived muscle soreness compared with PLA. These results suggest that over-the-counter doses of both ibuprofen and acetaminophen suppress the protein synthesis response in skeletal muscle after eccentric resistance exercise. Thus these two analgesics may work through a common mechanism to influence protein metabolism in skeletal muscle.

Originally Posted by Supasing View Post
    Negs for just sharing my opinion drawn from actual literature? Thanks. Do I know how much aspirin it takes to dull protein synthesis? Apparently a normal over the counter dose.

OP, don't take aspirin consistently for a tingly face.

Posted by user: Reality_Check:
    Oh look a pubmed ninja. brb using 1,200 mg/day of ibuprofen or acetaminophen at 4,000 mg/day to make sweeping generalizations that are really in fact dose dependent. Fact is, there is other literature which used smaller less frequent doses with no negative effects on hypertrophy. I'd suggest keeping your ignorant piehole shut before flapping out nonsense.

Oh look a pubmed ninja. brb using 1,200 mg/day of ibuprofen or acetaminophen at 4,000 mg/day to make sweeping generalizations that are really in fact dose dependent. Fact is, there is other literature which used smaller less frequent doses with no negative effects on hypertrophy. I'd suggest keeping your ignorant piehole shut before flapping out nonsense.
    Do you mind linking to that literature? I can't seem to find it. I wasn't aware that lower doses could be taken with seemingly no ill effects on protein synthesis.

GavinRufus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah, same here. It has gone away after 15 mins

bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GavinRufus View Post
    Yeah, same here. It has gone away after 15 mins
    Solid 1st post 4.5 year resurrection. :-)
    Team GAT Sport

NEW:
    ~NITRAFLEX+CREATINE (Cotton Candy and Lemon Lime)~

Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle...." - Psalms 144:1

NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My face is still itching
    ___----Scivation Representative----___

RIPPED AND ELITE NOW AVAILABLE!!!!

__---Building Better Bodies Through Science and Innovation---__

alicat32 is a name known to all. (+5000) alicat32 is a name known to all. (+5000) alicat32 is a name known to all. (+5000) alicat32 is a name known to all. (+5000) alicat32 is a name known to all. (+5000) alicat32 is a name known to all. (+5000) alicat32 is a name known to all. (+5000) alicat32 is a name known to all. (+5000) alicat32 is a name known to all. (+5000) alicat32 is a name known to all. (+5000) alicat32 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NEBinAK View Post
    My face is still itching
    lol!
    Don't wish for it, work for it! "One More"