zyxwboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gastritis friendly mass gainer/protein?

Up until recently I was using Optium Nutrtion Pro Gainer but I was diagnosed with Gastritis today so I was wondering if anyone knew of mass gainers/proteins that would be easy on my stomach. To be honest I don't know if this gastritis thing is permenant, but i'm going to get medication and adjust my diet so I can start gaining weight again.

I was 155 pounds and within the last 5 months (due to not being able to take my mass gainer and digestive issues) I lost 20-25 pounds. I'm really desperate to gain it back, hence why I ask for mass gainer, but I also know absolutely nothing when it comes to the nutrition aspect of weight lifting. So, any suggestions for a mass gainer/protein that will be easy on my stomach?

Also, I heard apple cider vinegar would help with my gastritis so i'm going to start doing that daily. Does anyone know if I consistently take ACV will I be able to continue using my Optium Nutrition pro gainer?

Thanks!

It's actually the Serious Mass product, not Pro Gainer*

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Listen to your treating physician. Gastritis should not take long to heal. What is the source of your gastritis? Eliminate the cause, treat it, then re-start your regimen. If it comes back, it might be one of your supplements you are using.

Mike
    ….

bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Does whole food have any effect on your gastritis? If not than just go for caloric-dense foods over the weight gainer shakes.
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle...." - Psalms 144:1

Originally Posted by XCriticalBenchX View Post
    Listen to your treating physician. Gastritis should not take long to heal. What is the source of your gastritis? Eliminate the cause, treat it, then re-start your regimen. If it comes back, it might be one of your supplements you are using.

Mike
    At the moment I do not know. I just went in for a colonoscopy/egd and they found it. I'm supposed to go in 2 weeks for medications. But I believe it was caused by a mixture of heavy alcohol consumption, bad diet, and supplements. It also could be the bacterial cause, I'll have to call and ask.

I believe that my stomach can handle them, so I'll look into it. It's tough for me to eat when i'm so time crunched at the moment, that's why I relied on mass gainer for some extra calories.