Page 178 of 184 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,340 of 5491
    GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ajdahlheimer View Post
    Klein had ongoing concussion issues last year and wasn't worth his current salary. They tried to restructure, but he said no.

My assumption was they are trying to clear more $ for a possible in-house signing like Harris (currently franchised), Mac Alexander, or bring back Everson on a deal.
    That’s right, he did have a pretty serious concussion this season. But he still came back late in the season and played well? $5m doesn’t seem like a lot when you consider how poor the left side of the line played

Also, $9m/season seems like a lot for a NT. Hope he’s worth it. They could really use that $ towards Alexander or Harris.

The more I think about it, the more I see them drafting a DE in the 1st. Chaisson is a stud (although maybe a bit small for a 4-3 DE?) and I also really like Gross-Matos from Penn State.
    Last edited by GiveHerBills; 03-18-2020 at 06:14 PM.

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GiveHerBills View Post
    That’s right, he did have a pretty serious concussion this season. But he still came back late in the season and played well? $5m doesn’t seem like a lot when you consider how poor the left side of the line played
    He missed 3 starts and then parts of 6 different games though. I don't know if he necessarily played well either. He just was typically our 2nd highest rated OLineman behind O'Neil most games (so kind of shiniest turd argument). Either way, based on his durability and what he produced--they wanted him to take a pay cut for 2020 and he said no. Is what it is.

Also, $9m/season seems like a lot for a NT. Hope he’s worth it. They could really use that $ towards Alexander or Harris.
    That's actually a pretty good deal. Linval got more than that from the Chargers (2 years $19 million) and he is old and coming off 2 down seasons. Pierce is young and at the top of his game.

The more I think about it, the more I see them drafting a DE in the 1st. Chaisson is a stud (although maybe a bit small for a 4-3 DE?) and I also really like Gross-Matos from Penn State.
    They REALLY like Odenigbo though, so I think him starting opposite Hunter is the plan. Dude had some crazy big-time plays last year. I really hope they find some $ to bring Everson back as a rotational pass-rusher too. The fact that Everson is still on the market gives me some hope. Teams want younger talent like Weatherly (who signed with Carolina) to rush the passer.
    Epic Beard Man crew

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164109201&page=61

GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GiveHerBills is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Alexander is gone, 1-year deal for $4m with the Bengals

Fuk

Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Alexander is gone, 1-year deal for $4m with the Bengals

Fuk
    I guess Harris might be staying

Originally Posted by Evolutionary1 View Post
    Zimmer has such a huge boner thinking about all those CBs we’re gonna draft this year.

For the 1st round, I’d love to see them get big on OL/DL (Neville Gallimore + Jedrick Wills would be nice) but we know god damn well that at least one of those first two will be a CB. Haven’t gotten into watching a lot of the CBs yet but Fulton and Terrell stand out.

Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Zimmer has such a huge boner thinking about all those CBs we’re gonna draft this year.

For the 1st round, I’d love to see them get big on OL/DL (Neville Gallimore + Jedrick Wills would be nice) but we know god damn well that at least one of those first two will be a CB. Haven’t gotten into watching a lot of the CBs yet but Fulton and Terrell stand out.
    Yeah, they just lost two first round CBs. I'm hoping they get a good o lineman and WR along with a CB. There is an abundant amount of good receivers, not sure about the other two.

Lightbulb

Yeah, they just lost two first round CBs. I'm hoping they get a good o lineman and WR along with a CB. There is an abundant amount of good receivers, not sure about the other two.
    Watch a little bit of Neville Gallimore, he’s a human wrecking ball. I would really like if they got him @ 25 or even better if he slipped into the 2nd round and we traded up for him. He would instantly be our every down 3T and we could probably afford to cut Stephen and save a few mil.

Ross Blacklock is one of the only other 3T’s in this draft I can see being a Day 1 starter (besides Brown & Kinlaw who will be long gone by pick 22).

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Here is the thing to remember regarding rookie/young CB's in Zim's system though--they aren't very good right away.

Rhodes struggled mightily his first year (2nd year in the league) in Zim's system in 2014.

Waynes and Alexander were bad their first two seasons.

Hughes looked okay, tore his ACL his first year. Then struggled when he came back last season.

The only young/rookie CB to step and look decent from the beginning was Holton Hill (who has a slew of problems off the field).

So lets not get too sold on the idea of drafting a couple young stud CB's solving anything right away.
    Epic Beard Man crew

Here is the thing to remember regarding rookie/young CB's in Zim's system though--they aren't very good right away.

Rhodes struggled mightily his first year (2nd year in the league) in Zim's system in 2014.

Waynes and Alexander were bad their first two seasons.

Hughes looked okay, tore his ACL his first year. Then struggled when he came back last season.

The only young/rookie CB to step and look decent from the beginning was Holton Hill (who has a slew of problems off the field).

So lets not get too sold on the idea of drafting a couple young stud CB's solving anything right away.
    Yeah you can’t really expect any rookie CB to step in and lock it down. Still, with our depth chart a rookie CB is going to get significant starting time this season.

Our secondary is going to be interesting this season... at least Holton Hill can’t get suspended for pot anymore?

Yeah you can’t really expect any rookie CB to step in and lock it down. Still, with our depth chart a rookie CB is going to get significant starting time this season.
    Yep, and that is a scary thing.

Our secondary is going to be interesting this season... at least Holton Hill can’t get suspended for pot anymore?
    Hill was also suspended once for PED's though. It will be a full season suspension should he get popped again for that. I like his coverage skills, but he needs to get better at tackling/run support. Waynes was very good vs the run as a CB.
    Epic Beard Man crew

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I think they really need to keep Harris with how much change we're seeing on defense, specifically in the secondary. They need some familiarity, not to mention Harris is an fantastic safety! In position for interceptions and usually made great choices in coverage. I don't want him leaving.

Draft wise, I think they're going OL and CB in the first round. Deep draft at receiver, so my thinking is they wait until the 2nd and 3rd for some receivers. OR slick Rick packages some picks in a trade to get a 3rd first round pick if he sees someone he really likes.

Like you guys said already, rookies don't fair well in the secondary for Zimmer. I think Hugh's being in his 3rd year will step up but he isn't a #1 CB. I'm hoping to see 1 or 2 role player corners signed in FA as well. I don't think it's that far fetched to think if nobody gives Rhodes money, that he wouldn't come back cheap. But that's just a random thought. I want to move on from him but if the team isn't in good position to do so, I could see him getting brought back.
    Progressive overload + progressive eating = gains. Simple as that!

Rhodes might be back on a prove it contract like Griffin. Drafting a cb high will be a slow burn. Give Kirk a security blanket at wr to make up for the loss of Diggs.

Are there any solid nickel CB’s left in free agency?

daisbest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daisbest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daisbest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daisbest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daisbest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daisbest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daisbest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daisbest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daisbest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daisbest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daisbest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Gonna have a new defense next season boys!
    * MINNESOTA VIKINGS *

* THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOU AND ME MISC IS A COUPLE OF DRINKS *

Rhodes might be back on a prove it contract like Griffin. Drafting a cb high will be a slow burn. Give Kirk a security blanket at wr to make up for the loss of Diggs.
    Typically players are too prideful to take vet min deal with the teams that cut them. So I think Rhodes signs elsewhere.

Griffin actually played quite well last season though, so I hope we give him a fair deal with some reachable incentives if can afford it.
    Epic Beard Man crew

Are there any solid nickel CB’s left in free agency?
    Logan Ryan, Jimmy Smith, Ronald Darby, Bashaud Breeland, Tramon Williams (LOL) per this list.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...agent-top-100/

Pretty slim pick'ins..........
    Epic Beard Man crew

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Logan Ryan, Jimmy Smith, Ronald Darby, Bashaud Breeland, Tramon Williams (LOL) per this list.

Those are guys that will have incentive based contracts.

I'm looking at the following:
    -Robby Anderson
    -Breshad Perriman
    -Emmanuel Sanders
    -Demarcus Robinson

They need a receiver and so far none of these guys have been in the news, so it doesn't look like they're getting a contract they'd like.

Cool

Lets go get Amik Robertson, he played outside in college but looks like he would excel in coverage.

Lot of people say Winfield Jr could play ncb too... idk, not a fan of using a high pick on somebody and immediately changing their position.

Im thinking OL + CB in the 1st, DL 2nd, Amik Robertson + WR in the 3rd

Lets go get Amik Robertson, he played outside in college but looks like he would excel in coverage.

Lot of people say Winfield Jr could play ncb too... idk, not a fan of using a high pick on somebody and immediately changing their position.

Im thinking OL + CB in the 1st, DL 2nd, Amik Robertson + WR in the 3rd
    Griffin is gone now..

Griffin is gone now..
    We got Odenigbo fam, but yeah I wouldn’t be mad if they drafted one of the top DEs like YGM or Chaisson.

(Its “Griffen” btw my man)

We got Odenigbo fam, but yeah I wouldn’t be mad if they drafted one of the top DEs like YGM or Chaisson.

(Its “Griffen” btw my man)
    Zim has a good record of finding pass-rushing talent in the mid to late rounds. Hunter (3rd), Weatherly (7th), Odenigbo (7th). Even Jalyn Holmes (4th) has shown some value. So I think we'll go this route again in those rounds.
    Epic Beard Man crew

Thumbs up

Zim has a good record of finding pass-rushing talent in the mid to late rounds. Hunter (3rd), Weatherly (7th), Odenigbo (7th). Even Jalyn Holmes (4th) has shown some value. So I think we'll go this route again in those rounds.
    Yeah you’re probably right, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see them draft Chaisson. He has elite quickness and then we could have a badass LSU DE combo.

Yeah you’re probably right, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see them draft Chaisson. He has elite quickness and then we could have a badass LSU DE combo.
    Chaisson's player comparison is Aldon Smith on nfl.com

Smith was an absolute force before he got on the sauce..........
    Epic Beard Man crew

Draft day boys!

Minnesota should have an active night with the 2 picks. Also read an article of a lot of trade talk around Trent Williams and the Vikings are one of the teams with interest. The article made it sound like the Redskins would deal him for a 2nd or the equivalent in later picks. Vikings have a lot of picks this year. If that was to happen, they'd need to do quite a bit to open up cap space.

I'm really hoping Anthony Harris does not get traded. I don't think the Vikings can lose any more from the secondary if they hope to have a decent defensive year.

AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Long as you fgts don't draft Mims and waste his talent idc what you do.

Madvillainy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madvillainy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madvillainy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madvillainy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madvillainy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madvillainy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madvillainy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madvillainy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madvillainy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madvillainy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madvillainy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    7 of the last 13 1st round picks the vikes have had have been either WR or DB, and they'll probably add a couple more tonight

Berts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Berts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Berts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Berts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Berts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Berts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Berts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Berts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Berts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Berts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Berts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Madvillainy View Post
    7 of the last 13 1st round picks the vikes have had have been either WR or DB, and they'll probably add a couple more tonight
    Please don't go WR too early, this draft is deep and we suck at drafting WR's early the last decade.

Hoping we go heavy on DB and OL early. From there WR and best player available.

Originally Posted by Berts View Post
    Please don't go WR too early, this draft is deep and we suck at drafting WR's early the last decade.

I'm hoping they actually move up to 13(trade with the Niners) and grab Lamb or Jeudy(I'm sure at least 1 will be gone by that point to the Jets or Raiders). I want that only because those two seem to be sure thing's and big impact receivers. I see talent in the others but I don't really think they have that #1 receiver capability these two do. I look at these two as having Julio Jone type of talent and then a drop off after them.

That's just my hope which I don't think will happen. My ideal receiver in the 22nd or 25th pick is Justin Jefferson.

Will be interesting with the amount of needs the Vikings have. Rick needs to hit a home run with this draft being that he is in a contract year.

Madvillainy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madvillainy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madvillainy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madvillainy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madvillainy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madvillainy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madvillainy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madvillainy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madvillainy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madvillainy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madvillainy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Berts View Post

lol yeah as expected add a couple more WR/CBs for the 1st round. definitely going oline today.

i like jefferson for value, but that's going to be a weird fit with thielen. they both do most of their work out of the slot. might have to get creative. once jeudy went to denver, i wonder what it would have cost to jump up to atlanta's pick at 16. they really didn't seem to be in a must pick situation, and it would have been nice to snag lamb there.

gladney is a solid pick, would have preferred fulton but people are all over the place on CBs after the first 2 and he should fit their scheme well. i love them trading down for him tho. if they stayed at 25 that would have been the same pick.
    Official Misc Straight Crew (90% straight and up)

Originally Posted by Misctake7 View Post
    Rick needs to hit a home run with this draft being that he is in a contract year.
    Well it is safe to say he hasn't done that after round 1 anyway. Two positions of need (we have a lot of those fwiw), but Jefferson and Gladney are a couple of pretty bland picks IMO. I mean, we are rebuilding--so it isn't like they have to be instant impact--but just for a little excitement's sake......

Hope Rick uses the multiple 3rd's and 4th's he now has to move around today........
    Epic Beard Man crew