Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100)

Should I bulk or cut? Or both?

I am: 6'2, 188 pounds, medium build.

My "hawt" pics:
    http://imgur.com/WNsdS3G
    http://imgur.com/BLpV1cS

Skin caliber:
    Chest 16-18
    belly 24-30
    thigh 14-16

Most body fat calculators tell me I'm about 16% body fat.

My plan: was to get a caloric deficit, keep protein about 188 grams, and do a high strength training workout. 3-5 days a week of 15-30 minutes of cardio. 4-6 hour eating window.

What should I do; bulk, cut, etc?

Other:
    I've been working out for about 3 solid years, doing P90X, although I've slacked the past 2 years only working out 3 days a week and not that hard. I also have been eating a lot more food, although I only drink water and avoid most fast foods (although most 'healthy' college food isn't exactly 'healthy'). I also have been intermittent fasting for a year with a 4-6 hour eating window.
    Last edited by Vmartelle; 03-20-2013 at 05:21 PM.

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bulk with a 300-500cal surplus for 4-6 months.

That's what I'd do. Then carve.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by PBateman2 View Post
    Bulk with a 300-500cal surplus for 4-6 months.

That's what I'd do. Then carve.
    Thanks for the advice!

Any other opinions?

I just feel I'm kinda fatty, bleh! an hour or two after I eat, I feel like my stomach looks like a balloon. lol. bulking seems scary because I need to increase my calories :x...Doing a few years of abs and still hardly a six pack kills me lol. What am I doing wrong? :\

chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000) chameleonism is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looks like you are "skinny fat"

Check this video out and definitely bulk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=4GgbzzOZlaY

Originally Posted by chameleonism View Post

Already watched it sir :P It is 100% good advice. Still worried about bulking though, I feel like my tummy is gonna get fatter :O...I know its not all about the 6 pack tho. lol

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Vmartelle View Post
    I just feel I'm kinda fatty, bleh! an hour or two after I eat, I feel like my stomach looks like a balloon. lol. bulking seems scary because I need to increase my calories :x...Doing a few years of abs and still hardly a six pack kills me lol. What am I doing wrong? :\
    Stop it. Get over it.

Yeah you have to eat more cals, more compound movements, be dedicated, train your ass off, etc..

Welcome to physique development.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

Guess what I'm trying to say is; can you still get ripped abs and lean muscle when you bulk?

Originally Posted by PBateman2 View Post
    Stop it. Get over it.

Yeah you have to eat more cals, more compound movements, be dedicated, train your ass off, etc..

Welcome to physique development.
    I'm changing man, I'm going from being a lazy 3 day a week workout to a more intense strength and cardio 4-5 days a week.

Last bump before bed D:

swift bump

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You have been advised in virtually all your threads to bulk, I don't know how much more plain we can put it!

moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000)
    slow bulk man.

you need to add muscle to that frame.
    Follow me on an enchanting adventure (My Log):

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153543271

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you should culk(cut and bulk). lift high reps while you eat food in excess

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks for the advice!

Any other opinions?
    Use a 300 calorie surplus and train regularly for a year.

Originally Posted by chameleonism View Post

^^^obviously right for you OP

Already watched it sir :P It is 100% good advice. Still worried about bulking though, I feel like my tummy is gonna get fatter :O...I know its not all about the 6 pack tho. lol
    If you are happy with how you look, perform now, eat at maintenance and expect to look the same. If you want to look different, bigger, get significantly stronger over the long run, you cannot just tread water. You needs to get over irrational fear, get in a surplus, train and grow.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but the main thing that needs to be addressed is not your muscle mass, it's your poor posture. Slouched upper back and forwards head posture coupled with heavy barbell movements is a recipe for disaster. Forget your bf%/muscles and sort your posture out as you won't actually be able to row/squat/DL/OHP with any type of progression SAFELY.

P.S. Not saying he shouldn't slow bulk, it would be the best course of action. He can do that after he learns to stand/walk/extend his upper back to a neutral position.

Originally Posted by tokelift View Post
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but the main thing that needs to be addressed is not your muscle mass, it's your poor posture. Slouched upper back and forwards head posture coupled with heavy barbell movements is a recipe for disaster. Forget your bf%/muscles and sort your posture out as you won't actually be able to row/squat/DL/OHP with any type of progression SAFELY.

P.S. Not saying he shouldn't slow bulk, it would be the best course of action. He can do that after he learns to stand/walk/extend his upper back to a neutral position.
    Never had anyone mention that to me, maybe it was just the pic I took, I tried to look completely normal (not flexing or anything)

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    Use a 300 calorie surplus and train regularly for a year.

^^^obviously right for you OP

If you are happy with how you look, perform now, eat at maintenance and expect to look the same. If you want to look different, bigger, get significantly stronger over the long run, you cannot just tread water. You needs to get over irrational fear, get in a surplus, train and grow.
    thanks for the awesome post. I guess it is the fear of the; more calories = more weight. I look in the mirror and I feel fat. I'm hoping when I do bulk I'll be able to put on muscle and keep fat to a minimum.

Originally Posted by Delgadido View Post
    you should culk(cut and bulk). lift high reps while you eat food in excess
    Like clean bulking with a high strength routine?