md99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

4-Station Home Gym - Keep or Sell?

I went to help a neighbor move today, and he said he was going to be getting rid of his Avita Infinity 4-station home gym. Instead of just getting rid of it, I decided to snag it. Now I'm trying to decide if I should reassemble it for use or just sell it. I'm looking for advice on here because I'm still pretty new to this stuff. I'm currently doing the SS routine and have an olympic barbell, weight set, bench and power rack. From reading Starting Strength I'm kind of opposed to these types of isolation machines, but do people generally use things like this as they progress to different workouts beyond SS? It has a lat pulldown, pec dec, dip station, etc...

So what do you guys think? Hold onto it because there's a good chance I'll want to use it later after Starting Strength? Or is a power rack, bench, and weights all anyone ever needs?

I can't find the home gym under the same name, but this looks identical:

w w w .yukon-fitness.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?page=yukon/PROD/HG/WMS-SLP (remove spaces between the www)

But who was aesthetics? bulkstorage's Avatar
    bulkstorage will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulkstorage will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulkstorage will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulkstorage will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulkstorage will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulkstorage will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulkstorage will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulkstorage will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulkstorage will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulkstorage will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulkstorage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Keep it. Unless you're only concerned about strength gains in the big 3 or 4, don't exclude machines imo. Lat pulldowns and a dips are among the best exercises you can do for your upper body and they are not isolation movements.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by md99 View Post
    So what do you guys think? Hold onto it because there's a good chance I'll want to use it later after Starting Strength? Or is a power rack, bench, and weights all anyone ever needs?
    Once you do Starting Strength, and assuming you take it seriously, you probably won't bother with the pec dec or the leg extension gizmo on that machine. The lat pulldown part of it could be useful, but if you have a pullup bar on your rack, you won't need it. The dip station could be useful, but it's also possible to set up a power rack for doing dips.

So... unless you have a lot of extra space, I think you might as well sell it. There may come a time when you want a lat/row machine, but you'll be better off with a dedicated machine which allows you to do both pulldowns and rows.

Oh, and for what it's worth, the movements in Starting Strength are used by non-beginners too.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You could use it for tricep pull downs and dips. But you could also buy that equipment with a much smaller foot print.
    What's it worth to flip?

md99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) md99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've decided to sell it. Of the 4 stations, 1 is basically just a leg press and another is for squats. I doubt I'd end up using those at all so I just can't justify keeping it for how much space it takes up. I'll just end up adding the lat tower to my powertec if I decide I want that later on. I honestly don't know what it's worth to flip. These types of machines don't sell nearly as well as olympic sets. I'll try posting it for $350 I think and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I'll rep when I have enough posts for them to count...

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by md99 View Post
    I'll try posting it for $350 I think and see what happens.
    I'd be surprised if you get for that much for it, but you won't know until you try...
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    I'd be surprised if you get for that much for it, but you won't know until you try...
    I'd be surprised too..worth a shot, though. It was a pain to take apart and move!

Jesbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

avita infinity

MD99 do you still have the Avita infinity machine 4 station 2 stacks. I took mine apart and now having difficulty routing cables can you send me a pic on cables? Would hugely appreciate it. Anybody?