ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Anyone go to the chiropractor?

So I recently took the advice of a Dr. friend and went to the chiro for my neck pain and constant headaches. So of course when I got there we discussed my issues and he took x-rays.

When we looked at the X-rays I had several "issues". He said I have severe military neck, several vertebra in my neck and back were twisted, and I also have a curved spine. All of the things were clearly visible on my X-rays....

So my question is, is this common? Does everyone that goes to the chiropractor have these issues? The last 3 people that I know who have recently gone to one has had (what the chiropractor makes it seem) serious issues. I asked him, he kinda blew me off by saying everyone's different.

Also after he adjusted my neck 2 days in a row I have been suffering from some major headaches.... is it common?

amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hiya, I go to the chiro every 3-4 weeks these days. Everyone's spine is different, but I guess there is an ideal healthy state, especially with regard to disc spacing & pressure on discs etc. My spine looks alright on Xrays but have herniated lumbar discs (now pretty much recovered) that showed on MRI. When you first start to go it can be a bit of a shake up, but to be honest I have never felt worse after a trip to the chiro, only better. Sometimes my husband gets a headache after his neck is adjusted but then feels better until his next visit. Often it is muscular and a hot wheat bag/massage/foam roll can help. Tell your chiro the next time you go.

Also, there are lots of different styles of chiropractic and then of course there are many many practitioners. If you find that after a period of time you don't like one, just go and find a different one.

I also find that chiro works best for me in combination with massage- the chiro treats the structural and the massage the superficial in a sense. I get a deep tissue massage every month or two.

Good luck!
    Training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151424793

womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is what common, your ailments? Mild scoliosis is common. And headaches due to neck problems are normal, neck problems themselves though are problems. I didn't have any twisted veterbrae in my neck, but I have one in my thoracic spine & another in the lumbar, I think it's technically a different type of scoliosis (curved vs twisted). Both were nearly returned to normal by the end of treatment.
    I did have neck problems, miraculously no headaches from it, but I felt relief after adjustments, again no headaches. Might be you, might be your chiro?
    Bender, part of being human is having self-control. -Amy Wong

Fat loss per month =
    Obese : 6-8%
    Moderately overweight: 4-6%
    Average: 2-4%
    Lean 1-2%
    Very lean .5-1%

^via female sticky on realistic goals

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There are *some* very conniving chiropractors out there. I don't know why... If you feel at all uncomfortable with his diagnoses, I would suggest a second opinion. I went to a chiro for a torn SI joint, and he performed the Graston technique on me. I was very skeptical - assuming Graston was another of those 'hokey' schemes. But after being in daily pain for a year, I was significantly better after a couple of treatments. I think if things don't get better after a few tx, you might want to see someone else.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I guess I should of said I have always been on the fence on chiropractors. I have always heard once start you will never stop. So I dunno I guess I just feel like it's some sort of gimmicky thing to keep you coming back lol. I'm just curious to know If you go looking for problems do you find them...? It just seems weird that most everyone I know who has visited one seems to have some sort of issue. He said hopefully after a few weeks of treatment everything will be back to normal (except my military neck i guess i'm stuck with that ). And I will only need to come back when I need adjusting. Like amiaow said she goes every few weeks. Will that be me?

Also I told him about the headaches he said it's normal for the first few times. I just didn't know how normal. I'm able to move my head now without wincing in pain so I guess my necks better.

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My Chiro has helped me sooo much. In addition to my fibromyalgia I have a ton of neck/spine issues that cause me pain on a daily basis, sometimes so bad
    I can't look to the left or right (it goes back and forth on which side hurts more).
    There's a ton of bad chiros out there but there are a few great ones. Keep looking til you find one you love.
    And as far as headaches go after being adjusted... Yes sometimes I get them. Sometimes the pain gets worse before it gets better

amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I go every few weeks because I feel much better with everything aligned- no crunchy hip, no lumbar spine issues, no headaches. I could wait longer but I figure it's worth it, plus I get a rebate from my health fund so it doesn't cost me much. My husband goes once every few months and he is happy with that as well.

After many years of chiro maintenance I've also noticed that I have problems with the exact same joints each time. It's taken me some time to figure out but I finally discovered the what muscular weaknesses that I had that were causing me ongoing grief. I took these to my current chiro and he gave me specific exercises for each muscle group and I have noticed a huge improvement since doing that (eg. I had problems with glute activation which in turn gave me hip problems which gave me lower back problems and then needed a trip to the chiro, cycle repeats). I've gone from lasting about 2 weeks before my lumbar spine cracked it to 3-4+ weeks and still feeling good. This is a huge change for me.

So now with that in check, I'm trying to stretch out my time between visits and I've found that buying and using a foam roller has helped immensely. Weight training has helped me considerably as well. I came from a state of barely being able to get out of bed due to lumbar disc injuries to being the fit and healthy person I am now so that may explain the frequency with which I visit the chiro.

Good luck, and glad your neck is feeling better already!

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ktb007 View Post
    I guess I should of said I have always been on the fence on chiropractors. I have always heard once start you will never stop. So I dunno I guess I just feel like it's some sort of gimmicky thing to keep you coming back lol. I'm just curious to know If you go looking for problems do you find them...? It just seems weird that most everyone I know who has visited one seems to have some sort of issue. He said hopefully after a few weeks of treatment everything will be back to normal (except my military neck i guess i'm stuck with that ). And I will only need to come back when I need adjusting. Like amiaow said she goes every few weeks. Will that be me?

Also I told him about the headaches he said it's normal for the first few times. I just didn't know how normal. I'm able to move my head now without wincing in pain so I guess my necks better.
    It wasn't like that for me. His goal was to get me feeling better after a few tx and then not see me again unless I had a flair up. But my problem was not spinal, it was a soft tissue injury that was causing tightness and scar-tissue that needed to be broken up at the site of injury.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

SMB2003 is just really nice. (+1000) SMB2003 is just really nice. (+1000) SMB2003 is just really nice. (+1000) SMB2003 is just really nice. (+1000) SMB2003 is just really nice. (+1000) SMB2003 is just really nice. (+1000) SMB2003 is just really nice. (+1000) SMB2003 is just really nice. (+1000) SMB2003 is just really nice. (+1000) SMB2003 is just really nice. (+1000) SMB2003 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just started seeing one for low back issues. He did x-rays as well. Basically told me one hip was 1/2" higher than the other and that I had some disc degeneration/arthritis starting on the lower discs. I asked him if 1/2" higher was a lot or normal and he was honest and said it was about average but explained what effect that it can have on your spine. I also have twisted vertebrae, but I feel like if you have any type of misalignment that will be a result. I am planning on going for a few visits to see how it goes.

oscar1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscar1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscar1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscar1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscar1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscar1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscar1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscar1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscar1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscar1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oscar1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I started going cause I had a slouching problem been going for awhile now and it has helped immensely
    ++positive crew++

245x5 bench
    400x5 deads
    300x5 squat

Slwoodruff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slwoodruff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slwoodruff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slwoodruff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slwoodruff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slwoodruff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slwoodruff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slwoodruff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slwoodruff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slwoodruff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slwoodruff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I personally love my chiropractor. I only see her when Ive tweaked something and need to be realigned. I do agree that there are a lot of shisty doctors out there that want you to go continuously because it creates constant cash flow. You just have to take your time finding the right one.

There is something to be said about keeping your spinal column in line and allowing the spinal fluid to flow where it is intended. With the amount of weight we can throw around and pressure we put on our bodies, it's important to keep things in place. IMO. Id much rather go to a few appts to get realigned then have constant pain and live on pain medications because I'm afraid to be cracked. (Which can be the case for some folks).

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I PERSONALLY won't go back to a Chiropractor again. If given the choice, I would rather go to a physical therapist. Much better education IMO, and more grounded in science.

Agree with Oregonchick... Graston is amazing. I am currently going twice a month for lower back/si pain.

ladyhutch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladyhutch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladyhutch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladyhutch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladyhutch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladyhutch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladyhutch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladyhutch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladyhutch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladyhutch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladyhutch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    I PERSONALLY won't go back to a Chiropractor again. If given the choice, I would rather go to a physical therapist. Much better education IMO, and more grounded in science.

Agree with Oregonchick... Graston is amazing. I am currently going twice a month for lower back/si pain.
    Agreed.

Before you let anyone manipulate your neck, read this article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/bl...patients-risks

smb43432 will become famous soon enough. (+50) smb43432 will become famous soon enough. (+50) smb43432 will become famous soon enough. (+50) smb43432 will become famous soon enough. (+50) smb43432 will become famous soon enough. (+50) smb43432 will become famous soon enough. (+50) smb43432 will become famous soon enough. (+50) smb43432 will become famous soon enough. (+50) smb43432 will become famous soon enough. (+50) smb43432 will become famous soon enough. (+50) smb43432 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I went for 5 sessions, and didn't notice a difference, and he wants me to keep coming for multiple session. no thanks jeff lol

j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm there every other week. I have some degeneration in my disks from when I used to smoke and be over 300 lbs + a bit of scoliosis in my lower back. He definitely keeps me in working condition.
    "When you fall into a pit, you either die or get out."

My neck has is definitely feeling better now so I'm glad I went. But originally he said it would be 3X per week for 2 weeks. Well that's came and went and hes still wanting me to still come back 3X per week even though I have 0 complaints....So I will no longer be seeing him lol.

One of the guys from the gym is a physical therapist (I just found out) and i'm meeting with him today! He is going to show me some stretches to do and some other stuff to help me out in hopes I wont have to go back to a chiro.

So I do feel like the chiropractor was just using me for cash flow. And I feel my original theories were validated

TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Won't ever be going back. CAme in last august presenting with left sided MILD sciatica...I just finished having back surgery , extremely extruded disck 12 mm, left sided hernia. Corresponds perfectly with the left side area he would continually adjust over and over again.
    I'm not ****ting on all, but with my symptoms , I later found out in research that he should have sent me for MRI's immediately, or at the very least not kept on adjusting that side..as the sciatica worsened until I wised up and went to a sports medicine doctor who ordered my MRI.

In addition to that one operated on I have two other lumbar herniations.

TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post

THis times a trillion. After my back issues I researched their theories and ...WOW, a bunch of unvalidated bull honkey. I would now rather go to a D.O who has actual MEDICAL TRIAINING, and can still do manipulative therapy, or a Physical Therapist.

Just curious- what kind of training does a chiropractor have in the USA?

Here a chiro has an undergrad science/medical science degree (Anatomy/Physiology usually) and a 4-year postgrad degree in chiro. Is it the same?

Yeah, they have to have a undergraduate degree then go on to do chiro school. On the surface the format is the same but as far as academic rigor, and admission standards it's not the same as an M.D/D.O school.
    One key difference that i've seen is the clinical portion of their medical education is lacking along with their ability to diagnose conditions. AT heart the straight chiropractic subluxation theory has never actually been proven by regular accepted medical methods e.g conclusive studies, meta analysis, double blind studies etc. The definition of subluxation can be different depending on the chiropractor you go to. Their whole theory of the bodies "innate intelligence" hasn't been validated either.