DeadICation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadICation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadICation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadICation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadICation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadICation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Trying to look on bright side...

So over the past 6 years or so I have been working out....on and off, focused on diet and a little loose at times.

Anyway, at my heaviest I was about 295 lbs (I am 6'2'')...I was drinking a bunch and smoking; pretty much just an unhealthy mess. Over the past few years I have managed to drop down to 212 (at my lowest) and was in a great shape. I was doing crossfit multiple times a week and a regular at the gym. I switched jobs for a year and really got out of my routine....shot back up to about 240lbs. A few months back I switched jobs again and have been getting back in the gym and trying to eat better. I am down to about 225 currently...but made great progress in strength. I would estimate that I am about 19-22% body fat.

My main issue is that I can never be satisfied with the progress I have made. I love my shoulders and upper body, have put on some good mass and strength. However, the belly fat is just so disheartening. It seems that, without true commitment and dedication, I will never lose it. Part of me wants that...to be totally dedicated (like my username), but another part waffles about whether or not that is who I am. Do I really want to quit drinking (socially) and never eat wings or pizza....splurging is what I am talking about. Some people do it and can still meet their goals. It feels like with my genetic structure that may be impossible.

I feel like a whiny girl....maybe I just needed to vent. Anyone else going through similar stuff? Thoughts? Suggestions?

kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    We're all humans man. Enjoy a little pizza and wings at times, think of it as rewarding yourself for eating right and hard work.

JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dealing with motivation issues as well right now so I sympathize.

Their is ONE thing in your statement that is wrong.

Originally Posted by DeadICation View Post
    Part of me wants that...to be totally dedicated (like my username), but another part waffles about whether or not that is who I am. Do I really want to quit drinking (socially) and never eat wings or pizza....splurging is what I am talking about. Some people do it and can still meet their goals. It feels like with my genetic structure that may be impossible.
    Their is ALWAYS more than just the two options. You don't have to never touch pizza and alcohol again. You don't have to settle for your structure.

Feel that over.

AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JChaos View Post
    Dealing with motivation issues as well right now so I sympathize.

Their is ONE thing in your statement that is wrong.

Their is ALWAYS more than just the two options. You don't have to never touch pizza and alcohol again. You don't have to settle for your structure.

Feel that over.
    There*, are*, and why did you use a double negative?

Anyway, to the point: follow an IIFYM-style program.

willmulligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) willmulligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) willmulligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) willmulligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) willmulligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) willmulligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) willmulligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) willmulligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) willmulligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) willmulligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) willmulligan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I feel like I'm in the same boat with ya man. If my whole body could look like my chest and up, I would be one happy camper. Losing that belly fat is a tough thing to do and takes a lot of hard work and motivation. I've been allowing myself a cheat day every 2 weeks. Keeps me sane and makes those wings taste that much better when you get them.

Location: northern ireland, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    bazhtid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bazhtid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bazhtid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bazhtid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bazhtid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bazhtid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bazhtid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bazhtid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bazhtid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bazhtid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bazhtid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    With ya, my belly, legs and calves are stubborn!!!! I get guilty when I let loose on the alcohol every now and then as i die so much for days after it and i usually end up smoking again too, i do get off them but it puts me off drinking a lot as i can never have a few, usually all out till Im asleep or run out of drink. old habits die hard!!!!

DeadICation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadICation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadICation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadICation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadICation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadICation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, habits do die hard...

Smoking grosses me out, until I have a few drinks in me...then for some reason it's game on! I think it's because I have associated one with the other for so long. I just have to stay positive and keep plugging away. Even if a 6 pack is never in the cards for me, I should be happy I don't look anything like I used to. I also contribute a lot of this pissy, whiny mood on the weather. Sometimes being around snow and living in cold temps for months at a time is devastating to motivation...I should look on the bright side and recognize that this winter I have put more work in than any other previously.

So belly aside...I'm still down from a 42 to a 36 waist. I'm down from 295lbs to 223lbs (this morning). Even though I give in and drink/eat pizza/have an occasional smoke, I'm still in a much better place than I used to be. Maybe with continuous effort I'll be looking at this post in another 5 years void of all self-defeating behaviors and appreciate that I don't smoke and have lost all/majority of the belly.

Have a great weekend everyone. Appreciate the comments.