.aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

.aeterna's Lacrosse Progression Log

Greetings,

This will be my progression log for my return to the great sport of lacrosse .

Background:

High School (2001-2005)
    I did not pickup a stick until sophomore year of HS in 2002. I didn't play a single game because I suffered from a bad injury during pre-season.

College (2005-2009)
    I only played fall-ball for the club team during my freshman year. 1-2 games.

My Training Regiment

I played a season of box during this past winter and I'm currently in a field league. Besides that, I do the following during the week:

1. Lift 2x a week (Push/Pull Workouts)
    2. Interval Cardio 2x a week
    3. Wall-ball (1hr) 2-3x a week
    4. Shooting drills (1hr) 2-3x a week

Now that I actually have the time to commit, my goal is to eventually join a good club team that competes in leagues and tournaments around the New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania areas.

Thanks for reading.

.aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    3/3/13

Wall-ball
    25 left/right
    25 left/right with bounce
    50 left/right while moving

Pull Workout
    BB Rows
    Pullups
    DB Rows
    BB Curls
    Cable Rows
    DB Curls
    Lat Pulldowns

Cardio
    1 mile @ 8:00 pace

I missed today's game because I got caught in the most random traffic. Traveling from NJ to NYC sucks on a weekend. Anyways, the team lost and we're 0-3 for the season. There are only 3 more games left in the season which means we need to win out the rest to make the playoffs. I'll be training extra hard this week, especially on my shooting technique, to get ready for the next game.

3/4/13

Shooting
    50 left time-and-room shots

Wall-ball
    100 left/right
    100 left/right with bounce

Short session today. I went over to one of the brand new turf fields to shoot around but then a local HS lacrosse team came over to practice. Anyways, I'm working on my shooting technique to get a quicker shot off with more power. I'm going to work on my technique more today and then go full-speed on split dodges->shots on the run.

3/5/13

Shooting
    50 lefty time-and-room shots
    50 righty time-and-room shots
    25 left to right split dodge shots
    25 right to left split dodge shots

Worked on my shooting technique again. It's starting to come around .

3/7/13

Push Workout
    BB Bench
    Military Press
    DB Bench
    Shoulder Press
    Hammerstrength Bench
    Cable Pushdowns

Interval Cardio
    2 miles - 10mph/6mph intervals

Solid workout yesterday. I'm feeling pretty good about my overall conditioning; I may be in the best physical (cardiovascular) shape of my life. I was hoping to get in some shooting practice and wall-ball today but the snowstorm is going to prevent that.

I have a big game on Sunday against a team that is 2-1. We're 0-3 and we need to win the rest of our games out if we want to make the playoffs. On a side note, I found a league for folks over 25 in North Jersey. The games run from May through July. I'm going to be training hard for this team over the next two months. My goal is to feel 100% comfortable with my time-and-room shooting as well as shooting on the run.

3/8/13

Pull Workout
    BB Rows
    TBar Rows
    DB Rows
    Face Pulls
    Close Grip Lat Pulldowns
    Preacher BB Curls
    Reverse Grip Lat Pulldowns
    DB Curls
    Ab Machine

Cardio
    2 miles - 7.5 mph

Good workout. I'm hoping the snow clears up so I can get some good shooting practice in tomorrow. Regardless, I'll make sure to get in a long wall-ball session in.

3/9/13

Wall-ball
    125 lefty and righty
    125 lefty and righty with 1 bounce
    125 lefty and righty while moving

Shooting
    50 time-and-room lefty shots
    50 time-and-room righty shots
    40 split dodges to shots

Perfect phucking day outside today. 50 degrees and sunny. I had two very productive hours of training today. Big game tomorrow at 1PM in NYC. The weather's going to be even better so I'm looking forward to a good game. We're playing against the Night Train team and they're 2-1. If we win this, we'll be in good shape heading into the next two games. I have a good feeling that we can easily take the Honey Badgers (they're also 0-3) next week.

Regardless, one game at a time. I'm looking to be more aggressive when I make cuts to the crease and get some quick shots off. The important thing will be to not turn the ball over.

samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    mirin' the work being done.

the wall ball is like slamming it into the wall as hard as possible, extremely dynamic right?

you do any pylo/speed drills as well?

good luck on the game today mang!
    Recovering fatass

Originally Posted by samsont View Post
    mirin' the work being done.

the wall ball is like slamming it into the wall as hard as possible, extremely dynamic right?

you do any pylo/speed drills as well?

good luck on the game today mang!
    Thanks, bro!

Yeah, I do all drills at "game-speed" so they're pretty dynamic overall .

I don't do any plyos/speed drills yet, but I'll probably incorporate them soon. Right now, my goal is to improve my stick skills.

Game day (rant)

We lost, again. Our goalie didn't even show up so we had to sub in a midfielder. It was a train wreck of a game. I recovered one ground ball, took no shots, and turned the ball over once on an errant catch. Ugh.

I am at a crossroads with where to go from here. I'm starting to realize that I'm way behind the curve with lacrosse. I thought I'd be able to train hard and be somewhat competitive in 4-5 months but it doesn't seem to be the case. I'm not terrible, but I'm certainly not the best. 99% of the people in the league have been playing since childhood. Not to mention the fact that they're all former D1/D2 NCAA college players so the skill gap is pretty wide. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get on their level, no matter how hard I train.

I hate quitting. On top of that, I've dropped a bit over $1,000 in lacrosse gear and equipment. Giving up is not something I want to do, but it might be what I have to do. It would be years of straight training/playing in leagues with no breaks before I was at least on-par with everyone else.

Maybe I'm just down because we got dominated today. I'm contemplating dropping it and just going on a 5-day lifting split to put on some weight. At least I have some experience with lifting.