payload has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Critique my Diet

Hi,

I have some experience in fitness, now i have hit a plateau.
    You should be able to see my pic in my profile to see how i look now.

I guess 20% BF?

Now i want to set a small goal and lose 5KG and i do cardio every other day for 30/45 min.
    And weights 4/5 times a week, i usually take 1 day off or when i need to.

I am eating clean atm, but its just not alot.
    I am trying to do 6 meals a day with calorie spread over the day but thats hard with my job.

So after breakfast and after lunch i get hungry/low energie.
    I am doing this for a week now and with cardio i get a 1200 calorie deficit wich is retarded.
    I aint doing this because i think its good or healthy but i am having trouble adding food to my macro.

Meal 1

oats ½ cup Kcal:140 Carbs:26 gr protein:4,4 gr fat:0,8 gr
    milk 1 cup Kcal:94 Carbs:10 gr protein:6,6 gr fat:3 gr
    Egg 6 1 yolk , 6 whites Kcal:205 Carbs:0,5 gr protein:24gr fat:9 gr
    KCAL:439 CARBS:36,5 GR protein:35 GR fat:12 GR

Meal 2 (Morning snack ,still searching for a good option)
    Protein shake
    KCAL:160 CARBS:3 GR protein:32 GR fat:2 GR

Meal 3
    Pita Bread Kcal:127 Carbs:26 gr protein:4,8 gr fat:0,6 gr
    chicken breast 240 gr Kcal:250 Carbs:10 gr protein:46 gr fat:1,5 gr

KCAL:377 CARBS:36 GR protein:50 GR fat:2,1 GR

MEAL 4 (afternoon snack, still looking for a good option)

Protein shake

MEAL 5

1:CARBS 1 CUP RICE / 2 patatoes
    2:VEGGIES
    3:LEAN MEAT small chicken breast

MEAL 6 (POST WORKOUT)
    Protein shake

MEAL 7
    Cottage cheese 150gr
    KCAL:60 CARBS:3 GR protein:6 GR fat:0 GR

Wich totals around calorie: 1887 Carbs:131 Protein:213 Fat:33

Wich is to low in calories because i should have a maintenance of 2500/2800 then subtract calorie deficit and around 500 calories from cardio.

So what should i add in my diet?

-Stop cardio and replace a shake with extra chicken for more kcal ?
    -Add some sort of cookie/protein bar to bump calories to 2000/2100?
    -Or try and fine tune diet so i lose 1 lbs a week ? (by adding a good food), wich leads to another question, i see alot of ppl being against cardio and take that 500 calorie deficit from food and lose 1 lbs per week.

What i always thougd was create a 500 calorie deficit wich is still considerd healty and u can add cardio to speed up the process.
    With little harm done to your muscle if u get your protein (2 grams per KG )

Thx for reading this long boring post.
    Would be great if even 1 question would be answerd.
    Last edited by payload; 02-27-2013 at 03:16 AM.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your diet is deficient in total energy intake, acutely deficient in dietary fat and it contains an extreme amount of processed fast food (protein shakes). Also, why would you possibly consume 7 meals per day when your total intake is just 1,887 calories?

Anyway, to learn the basics about nutrition, please see the stickies at the top of the nutrition forum.

Your diet is deficient in total energy intake
    This is why i made this post i am having a hard time adding good foods for protein.
    Its not that i dont know how or dont know anything else but chicken.
    I am looking for answer " add a lean meat as morning snack so you wont be hungry and adds extra calories"
    Or something similiar.

it contains an extreme amount of processed fast food (protein shakes)
    Usually i consume 2 shakes a day

Breakfast 1 protein Shake with oats
    POW 1 protein shake

I am still searching for a morning snack and a lunch snack so i filled in a protein shake.
    Kind of misleading sorry about that, usually i eat a tuna can (water kind not in oil) but most of the time i dont have time for that.
    If i get a good morning snack and lunch snack that would help me out alot i think with calories intake.

*I edited those 2 shakes so its more clear*

Thx for reading my post, i am constontly reading / learning.
    Just need a push in the right direction!

Thx

RIP Calisthenics only1113 Leeuf's Avatar
    Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Fats are too low, protein is too high and calories are too low. When I say protein is too high, it's not a problem but it's not necessary to eat so much protein. You will probably feel better by eating carbs/fats instead.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^ if you don't have time to eat, why don't you just eat later when you can

Fats are too low, protein is too high and calories are too low. When I say protein is too high
    ^^ if you don't have time to eat, why don't you just eat later when you can
    Thx for these suggestions!
    So ive looked up some extra info and althougd person A says 1 thing and person B says the compleet opposite.

1:I am letting go of the idea of eating alot of smaller meals and choose what would work for my lifestyle wich means i eat bigger portions at lunch and dinner (eating ALOT in the morning is hard for me)
    And carry around a snack if i get really hungry.

1:Breakfast, Oats+protein shake
    2:A snack if i get hungry, Homemade protein bar or cookie (IFFYM)
    3:Lunch, Pita bread with chicken breast
    4:A snack if i get hungry, Homemade protein bar or cookie (IFFYM)
    5: Dinner, Lean meat , carb source and some veggies
    6:POW, protein shake
    7:evening chilling, Some cottage cheese or something similiar so i dont get hungry

So i pretty much eat 5 times a day and take a snack if i get hungry Preff something healthy or IFFYM.
    The macro is just a rough idea,

2:I am working on specifick numbers i should hit daily for protein carbs and fat.
    I need around 2800 calories - 500 = 2300 calories

Planning to track my weight every day for 1 or 2 months and add or remove kcal so i lose 1 or 2 LBS per week.

Next step is precisly figuring out how to hit 2300 with healty foods

Thx for reading and please the suggestions coming
    This is really giving me last steps in the right directions!

justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Add almonds, gets you a lot of fat and 4 ounces of almonds gets you 650 cals. easy to hit fats and total cals by adding that in as well as PB