disneyhanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Any moms out there achieve a 6pack of abs,losing lower belly pooch w/out surgery?

I'm wondering if it is possible to achieve a flat tummy and 6 pack abs with out getting a tummy tuck?
    I have had 3 children. My youngest is 6. I've worked my abs for a solid year and still can't budge my lower tummy pooch. I also eat very clean & run regularly.
    I strength train 3 days a week as well.
    I just really do not want to have surgery but I have heard some women say it's impossible to loose my baby belly without it... Any help? Diet? Exercise? I just recently started doing Pilates hoping that would help only in the last 2 weeks. I look "bloated" all the time no matter what I do

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes I have.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

Question

Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    Yes I have.
    How long did it take you? What did you do?

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You having problems getting the desired look because you're underweight and undermuscled for your height. You need to focus on building more overall muscle, combined with a lower body fat to support the look. The more muscle you add, the more everything will tighten up and take a better overall shape.

Set your calories slightly above maintenance and keep your focus on heavy lifting. Make sure your program is built around the compounds bench, rows, overhead press, squats, deads, pullups, chinups, etc...

If you are running on a regular basis, it's crucial that you're eating enought to support all the work. If you're eating in a calorie deficit and running...you're tapping into what little muscle you have and you will continue spinning your wheels.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not yet, but it WILL happen for me I refuse to give up!! The pooch gets smaller as my muscles get bigger

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I haven't got a six pack yet but my stomach has improved immensely since I started training. I thought it was skin but in reality it was just fat. My stomach is probably better now than it was pre-babies because my body fat percentage is lower (kids are 5 and 2.5). I'm basically doing what kimm4 suggested to you above now. Trying to eat a surplus and gain some muscle before reducing body fat again.

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by disneyhanks View Post
    How long did it take you? What did you do?
    I did that VVVVVV

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    You having problems getting the desired look because you're underweight and undermuscled for your height. You need to focus on building more overall muscle, combined with a lower body fat to support the look. The more muscle you add, the more everything will tighten up and take a better overall shape.

Set your calories slightly above maintenance and keep your focus on heavy lifting. Make sure your program is built around the compounds bench, rows, overhead press, squats, deads, pullups, chinups, etc...

If you are running on a regular basis, it's crucial that you're eating enought to support all the work. If you're eating in a calorie deficit and running...you're tapping into what little muscle you have and you will continue spinning your wheels.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I did, my oldest is 9 and was a huge baby (9.5 lbs), my youngest just turned 2 and was much smaller (7.5 lbs). I never really had visible abs before my first because I didn't work out. In fact, it wasn't until my first was much older before I even started to get into weights to begin with. I had great abs when I got pregnant with my second and it really didn't take long after her birth to acheive abs again, but I think that was in part due to not gaining a whole lot in combination with muscle memory, I got it back fairly quickly.

That said, I agree with what Kim said above. You have to have a base to work with, otherwise you'll never get those abs to show. Once you've gained and have a nice base, then you'll need to lower body fat in order to see those abs, but muscle gaining is priority at your stats. Also, how prominent your abs become is somewhat genetic as well...some never have a true 6 pack, but we can all work with what we have and it's very possible to at least get defined abs.
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

Thank you all for your replies. Wow! I live in a small town and the local YMCA is about the only gym close to me. It's very small to say the least as well. I am a member though and I've only participated in the "strength training" classes thinking that this would help me build more muscle. The most weight I ever lift is 10lbs. I do 75 push ups during these classes also. I recently purchased a book to help me learn how to lift heavier weights in the "gym" part of the Y. I would love to be very fit, even more like you ladies. I am going to the Arnold Classic in Columbus next month to learn more hopefully. I live about an hour away from Columbus. The thought of "gaining" weight makes me cringe honestly. I've always weighed about 105 and so my 118 seems heavy to me. But I struggle with needing to feel thin-I've changed my mindset though and I really want to look fit & amazing. You ladies look awesome. What a inspiration you are & I very much appreciate your advice! I just joined this website yesterday and I am so happy that I did. Thank you all again

Kellybeans1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kellybeans1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kellybeans1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kellybeans1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kellybeans1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kellybeans1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kellybeans1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kellybeans1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kellybeans1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kellybeans1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kellybeans1980 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post

I swear I love and learn from everything I see you post.

No, I don't have a six pack yet. Just like the OP, I'm underdeveloped... I have a ton of extra skin too. lol

superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by disneyhanks View Post
    I've always weighed about 105 and so my 118 seems heavy to me. But I struggle with needing to feel thin-I've changed my mindset though and I really want to look fit & amazing. You ladies look awesome.
    Really don't worry about the numbers, focus on how you look and feel. I'm the same jean size at 117lbs right now that I was at 95lbs- muscle weighs more and it looks a lot better!