Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Mounting Door Frame Pull Up Bar On The Wall?

I would use the L-Brackets on the wall and screw them into a stud. I could take the bar up and down when ever I needed it. Unfortunately none of the door frames in my house work. I am curious if anyone has done this, and has it been successful. It's not the P90X pullup bar but essentially the same thing.

I'll Mod 'til I'm dead. ironwill2008's Avatar
    ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by xMiiDNIGHT View Post
    I would use the L-Brackets on the wall and screw them into a stud. I could take the bar up and down when ever I needed it. Unfortunately none of the door frames in my house work. I am curious if anyone has done this, and has it been successful. It's not the P90X pullup bar but essentially the same thing.
    I can't picture why you can't find a door frame in your house that a commercial pullup bar can't be used on, but whatever.

If you decide to mount something on the wall, don't try to use wood screws; use lag screws.
    No brain, no gain.

You can't out-train bad nutrition.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym---updated pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i don't see why it wouldn't work, either, but at that point, you're building a partial door frame. that style of pull-up bar has to be braced for both the vertical and horizontal plane.

xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    I can't picture why you can't find a door frame in your house that a commercial pullup bar can't be used on, but whatever.

If you decide to mount something on the wall, don't try to use wood screws; use lag screws.
    All the doors in my house go to the roof, strange I know.

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're going to go through the trouble to mount something to the wall, why not just invest in a wall-mount pull up bar?
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

I'll Mod 'til I'm dead. ironwill2008's Avatar
    ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Understood.

That does complicate things.

Have you looked into possibly hanging a chinning bar from the ceiling joists?
    No brain, no gain.

You can't out-train bad nutrition.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym---updated pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Detrus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Detrus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Detrus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Detrus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Detrus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Detrus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Detrus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Detrus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Detrus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Detrus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Detrus is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yea a pullup bar designed for mounting would work better. You'd have to punch a few too many holes in a doorframe one and those are flimsy.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-

KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    All doors lead to the roof? Do you have an underground house?
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    All doors lead to the roof? Do you have an underground house?

Detrus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Detrus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Detrus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Detrus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Detrus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Detrus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Detrus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Detrus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Detrus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Detrus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Detrus is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    oh yea you can also attach a plank to a door so the doorframe bar can hook it
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-