steeldawn71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Is this normal for Ketosis?

Hi all, I just passed 2 weeks mark (14th day) of Ketogenic diet.
    I have been seeing the gradual increase of my ketones production (I have been checking it everyday) but now it looks a bit problematic.
    For last few days, in the morning, my number is 0.5 and in the afternoon, the number goes up to 8.0.
    If I understood correctly, 8.0 is a dangerous level, isn't it?
    (The number goes back to 0.5 in the morning and then it starts going back up to 8.0 in the afternoon.)
    Should I be worried?
    Another thing is, I have been producing ketones since 1 week ago but my body is doing much worse ever since.
    First 1 week, I had to deal with extremely low energy and headache but now I have to deal with all of that plus extreme nausea (I feel like throwing up 24/7) and heartburn.
    Ever since the start of ketogenic diet, I have been eating bone broth + 5 grams of extra sodium + potassium + magnesium so I know I have covered all the nutritional grounds yet I am dealing with extreme nausea, heartburn, headache, zero energy.
    Also my muscle lost all the water and looks totally flat and my strength loss is too severe that I cannot even handle the warm-up weight I used to handle with breeze.
    Should I be worried?
    Or is this still somewhat normal for newbie keto dieters?
    BTW, my nutrition is also right on point.
    Now my calories are coming from 80% fat, 15% protein, and 5% carb and my calories are 1,000 higher than my normal diet pattern so I know that I am not in a caloric deficit.
    Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by steeldawn71; 05-25-2016 at 06:15 PM.

danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000)
    Don't do a Ketogenic diet?

It's not for everyone and you'll experience the same fat loss from a more standard diet.
    dy/dx (Weight Loss) = Calories

Goals:
    Squats: 275 5x5
    Bench: 225 4x6
    Pendlay: 205 4x6 (Achieved)
    Deadlift: 315 5x5 (Achieved

Originally Posted by danfleysher View Post
    Don't do a Ketogenic diet?

It's not for everyone and you'll experience the same fat loss from a more standard diet.
    Hi, thanks for your feedback.
    I am a weight lifter (been training for 18 years) and I maintain my body fat less than 10% all year round.
    So I have no interest in losing fat, losing weight or get in shape since I am already in a good and very lean shape.
    I am mainly seeking after energy increase and keto-clarity (so they say).

danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gotcha. Well I wish I could be of more help but I haven't experienced a transition that was as bad and I've never supplemented the sodium and electrolytes. Most people experienced "keto-flu" for a few days (4-5 at most) and then it goes away. If it's taking longer than that, I wouldn't bother.
    dy/dx (Weight Loss) = Calories

Goals:
    Squats: 275 5x5
    Bench: 225 4x6
    Pendlay: 205 4x6 (Achieved)
    Deadlift: 315 5x5 (Achieved

Originally Posted by danfleysher View Post
    Gotcha. Well I wish I could be of more help but I haven't experienced a transition that was as bad and I've never supplemented the sodium and electrolytes. Most people experienced "keto-flu" for a few days (4-5 at most) and then it goes away. If it's taking longer than that, I wouldn't bother.
    Wow, that's awesome that you didn't even need sodium and electrolytes for keto-adaptation!
    You must be one of those fast-responders.