Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by HF7600 View Post
    I wasn't blaming anyone. I don't think I'm underqualifed but I understand that each company has its own protocol. I think nhe is a good company. I would not have applied there if I thought otherwise.
    I wasn't referring to you. Good info though. Thanks.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

HF7600 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    I wasn't referring to you. Good info though. Thanks.
    Thank you. I thought that you guys should hear from someone who has actually gone through the process and remained level headed about it. Too often people join these forums with biased agendas and it's not fair to people who just want the truth. Even though I didn't get hired, I think NHE is a reputable company with very high standards and so does everyone else, otherwise they would have never applied there in the first place. The primary reason they applied there is because all of their research supported this fact. No one applies for these jobs without due diligence and tons of online research so the fact that they spent all that time trying to get recruited speaks louder than anything they may say after they get the boot or get busted for cheating.

kai4fit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am currently studying for the NHE exam. Having been out of school for quite some time and having a weakness in the chemistry of nutrition, I decided to purchase the study guide (no prompting on the part of NHE -- this was my own decision) simply for the purpose of review.
    Unfortunately, I have found so many errors in the material. There are mistakes from misinformation regarding the attachment of the ACL to using "kilometers" instead of "kilograms" and thousands of unnecessary commas throughout. The erroneous commas I can live with as they have no bearing on the meat of the material; however, I don't quite know what to make of it and wonder if the test will test on incorrect or correct info. Of course, the mistakes I have found were in the areas of my knowledge base. How would I know if there was a mistake regarding a subject for which I am unfamiliar?!
    I'm taking the test soon and am excited about the possibilities of working for NHE. However, just curious if anyone has encountered this.
    Thanks!
    In good health!

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's not supposed to read like a book, it's a STUDY GUIDE. The commas are part of some sort of memory assistance thing they use to help you remember the material. The technique has a name but I forgot what it is. Your guide will match the exam so what ever is in the guide will be on the exam. Don't stress.

Registered User Briiiiliantmate's Avatar
    Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have two NHE study guides, the MTC and the Fitness Nutrition vs. 4. The MTC guide I've read through twice and thought it was very well put together and the fitness nutrition guide was even better. I found one thing that I thought was debatable on my MTC guide. It was in relation to a fascial release technique that they discussed in section 5. I guess they liked my argument too because there was an inclusion of my argument along side the original text win a week! When I registered with them to take the exam I verified that I have a masters in kinesiology from Cal State. I'm sure that played some roll in their deciding to include my thesis. The best thing about their guides and the main reason I decided to get them is that once you have it, it never gets old in terms of the material. NHE refreshes them and updates them all the time and so whenever something new comes out, your guide will represent that new thing. You never have an 'outdated book' so to speak. There's a section at the bottom of each web page where you can request an update or add your expertise to that particular page. I've heard that they have actually recruited people as content writers for professional input. I'm sure it would have to be good information they're providing but that's pretty cool regardless. They haven't offered me a CW agreement for anything I've submitted but I'm still hopeful
    'Real beauty is what's inside.' You know you are ugly if someone tells you this.

Jontae1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by katweb5454 View Post
    Just found out today that I passed my retake and now I have to schedule my training. Their exam is really challenging but it's got a lot of smart questions that you can't bull**** your way past and it really does test your knowledge. The people who fail probably didn't prepare enough. I know that was my problem the first time I took it. I looked over a few things but I didn't expect it to be that hard because of my background and education. I was wrong about it and I've learned that I wasn't the only one. A lot of people fail it. The ones with the bruised egos are the ones who go online and cry about how ridiculous the exam is and how it's impossible to pass just because they couldn't pass it. I'm just glad I didn't give up.
    Hello, just wanted to know how did you prepare for the test. I am going study for it but b/c there is so much confusion over how legitimate the company is I am really scared to pay for the test . I think it is worth it, if the company is legitimate but through my research I have maybe read two posts from people who have passed the test.

There is no confusion regarding NHE. People get confused because people like you join forums and misrepresent the facts. You say you are 'scared' to pay for the test, however the test is free if you are applying for the PFMS position which it is assumed you are since you chose this thread over the others. Secondly, if you are applying for that position, you need to have several years PT experience and a substantial amount of fitness expertise and if that is true about yourself, then you would not be concerned about taking an exam that specifically correlates with that expertise. The only people who are 'scared' are the people who really shouldn't be trying to work there. If you are so scared then just go apply somewhere else. 24 hour fitness is always hiring.

Registered User Briiiiliantmate's Avatar
    Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jontae1986 View Post
    Hello, just wanted to know how did you prepare for the test. I am going study for it but b/c there is so much confusion over how legitimate the company is I am really scared to pay for the test . I think it is worth it, if the company is legitimate but through my research I have maybe read two posts from people who have passed the test.
    It's not an issue of whether or not NHE is legitimate, which they obviously are because of the fact that people with little knowledge fail their exam but those same people can go out an get ACE certified, it's a matter of whether or not you are legitimate. Their master trainer exam is for experienced personal trainers. If you are an experienced professional trainer, you should be able to pass that exam. PERIOD. Studying, seeking help online, researching for exam questions/answers and everything else, if you find yourself doing these things then you are not ready to work for them at that level. Ronin said it, there are plenty of entry level jobs out there that you can apply for.
    'Real beauty is what's inside.' You know you are ugly if someone tells you this.

Originally Posted by Briiiiliantmate View Post
    It's not an issue of whether or not NHE is legitimate, which they obviously are because of the fact that people with little knowledge fail their exam but those same people can go out an get ACE certified, it's a matter of whether or not you are legitimate. Their master trainer exam is for experienced personal trainers. If you are an experienced professional trainer, you should be able to pass that exam. PERIOD. Studying, seeking help online, researching for exam questions/answers and everything else, if you find yourself doing these things then you are not ready to work for them at that level. Ronin said it, there are plenty of entry level jobs out there that you can apply for.
    100% true

Victor00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what do i do if i did not receive my exam link and password?

classaction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Posters beware: Ronin4help and wcoek are NHE shills. They are associated with the company and come onto this and other message boards to belittle and attempt to discredit anyone who questions the legitimacy of NHE or its hiring process.

penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    NHE has very hard exams and they have a very stringent hiring process. The only people who seem to dispute them are people who got busted cheating on the exam or had no business applying for a job there in the first place. Those type of people outnumber the legitimately educated professional trainers 5 to 1 and so I would imagine many get turned away from NHE, ACSM, CSCS and NASM all the time. There next move is to search for a thread online to flame on and that's all they can do. They have one or two posts, feel vindicated and go away.

How could a true professional come to an unbelievable website like BB.com and have no interest in spending hours on this site, learning as much as you can from the thousands of experienced members. There are some great things written here. How could you have no interest in posting questions or tips, creating a bio... nothing?! The fact is, they are not true fitness professionals. They only want to use the fitness industry to make money. Actions speak louder than words.

MrAnsah89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

question on NHE retake exam

Just found out today that I passed my retake and now I have to schedule my training. Their exam is really challenging but it's got a lot of smart questions that you can't bull**** your way past and it really does test your knowledge. The people who fail probably didn't prepare enough. I know that was my problem the first time I took it. I looked over a few things but I didn't expect it to be that hard because of my background and education. I was wrong about it and I've learned that I wasn't the only one. A lot of people fail it. The ones with the bruised egos are the ones who go online and cry about how ridiculous the exam is and how it's impossible to pass just because they couldn't pass it. I'm just glad I didn't give up.
    hello, i wanted to know if the NHE retake exam is exatly the same as the first one, or if its a complete different exam with different terms?

thank you

penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Pretty sure it will be the same exam that's why it's called a 'retake'. If it's not, it should be the same format addressing the same subjects.

Bearcat12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I took the exam MCT exam yesterday. How long does it take to get your results back?

Bearcat12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How long before you get your results?

When they are done processing your exam.

Registered User LieutenantJoker's Avatar
    LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) LieutenantJoker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm excited to know the results!
    PRs:
    Bench: A million pounds x 12
    Squat: Two million pounds x 8
    Deadlift: A Half-filled dump truck x 3
    Clean: The moon

Pitbull9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pitbull9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Bearcat12 View Post
    I took the exam MCT exam yesterday. How long does it take to get your results back?
    What type of questions do they give on that exam? If you had to compare it to any other exam what would it be?

Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    What type of questions do they give on that exam? If you had to compare it to any other exam what would it be?
    It's one of the hardest. The do not accept just a high school diploma and CPR to sit for the exam. It's more for collegiate students or advanced trainers.

Pitbull9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pitbull9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It's one of the hardest. The do not accept just a high school diploma and CPR to sit for the exam. It's more for collegiate students or advanced trainers.
    I hear that i got an email from them to go through the process so i was just wondering what it was all about. I guess i had the qualifications they were looking for and i have been a Fitness manager for Various clubs and hold multiple Certifications in a lot of different areas as well as a Master Trainer Certification so this job really intrigues me. I wonder how the OP is doing at the job, if he liked it etc. I assume regardless of my master trainer cert they want everyone to take their exam online which is cool with me and im excited to do it. This thread was very interesting to read.

good luck.

good luck.
    Thanks brotha!! Have you worked for them in the past or currently? I have a good job right now but this job is right up my alley and i would leave my job for this. I would def like to get an idea about the job itself from someone who does or did work for them.

Nope.

Nope.
    Thats cool. Maybe OP will come back at some point and share his experience if not i will hopefully develop my own and come back here with nothing but positive things to say!! Take care man.

Thats cool. Maybe OP will come back at some point and share his experience if not i will hopefully develop my own and come back here with nothing but positive things to say!! Take care man.
    No need. Enough has already been said. This post is old and tired.

No need. Enough has already been said. This post is old and tired.
    Um ok well it was new to me. Damn as i can see from some of these threads you got a bad ****ing attitude. Chill out a bit.

Um ok well it was new to me. Damn as i can see from some of these threads you got a bad ****ing attitude. Chill out a bit.
    You're going to fail the exam, you're going to fail the retake and report back on how ridiculously hard the exam was blah...blah...blah.

Tired story. No need for another one. Please tell me you did not join this awesome site just to post this crap. There are tons of threads here and this is your contribution? Each and every one of your questions regarding NHE has already been addressed and if not there are a dozen other posts currently online.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Nat...ws-E505885.htm

http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Nhe-Certification/reviews

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/NHE-P...ialist-4826225

Do some research and stop pretending you are asking good questions regarding a tired subject.
    Last edited by Ronin4help; 03-17-2015 at 09:32 AM.

You're going to fail the exam, you're going to fail the retake and report back on how ridiculously hard the exam was blah...blah...blah.

Tired story. No need for another one. Please tell me you did not join this awesome site just to post this crap. There are tons of threads here and this is your contribution? Each and every one of your questions regarding NHE has already been addressed and if not there are a dozen other posts currently online.

Do some research and stop pretending you are asking good questions regarding a tired subject.
    HAHA Wow you are an unbelievable dickhead lol oh and i already passed the test moron, i took it yesterday in the afternoon and got the results later in the evening. Im on the next step now.

You're an idiot. They do not offer exams on weekdays. Again, when you actually do get the results and learn you failed... spare us the sob story.