Tony2204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

231 To 198...My Journey Begins NOW!

Hey guys, iv been lurking on this site for the last week or so, i have to say, seeing other people reach their goals has motivated me to change my life. I was always a chubby kid and for the first time in my life, i now consider myself fat. 3 years ago(21) i weighed in at 198lbs, i felt great, i had fat but i felt great, today(24) i weigh in at 231lbs.

I am fed up of feeling sorry for myself and using pathetic excuses for my weight gain. I have completely changed my eating habits, no more takeaways, last couple weeks i have been on a strict meat and salad diet. I have ordered a exercise bike, which im planning to use everyday for an hour each session. My knowledge on weight loss and fitness is not the best, i can not afford to join a gym at the moment, so i would really appreciate, if some of you could pass on some advice on workouts i can do, what to eat, what not to eat. Preferably those who have lost weight.

Realistically how long do you think it will take to drop from 231 to 198? I turn 25 in april, so ideally that would be perfect timing, do you think it is possible?

I will be uploading pictures, showing my progress.

Date: 02/07/2013
    Weight: 231
    Height: 5'9
    Waist: 38-40inch
    Last edited by Tony2204; 02-07-2013 at 08:23 AM.

(Error on my first post above, my starting weight is 224lbs)

Right, since i started this thread....i started my workouts (20/02/13) and stuck to my diet.

Workout:

Right now, i pretty much use an exercise bike at home, for around two hours a day. i have missed 2 days so far. But i plan on doing this EVERYDAY!

I also have some dumbells, i have been working on my biceps and chest with them.

Diet:

The main meal i have been having is chicken and salad. i have mixed it up a bit, adding some butternut squash, black eyed beans, plantain, veggies. 5 pints of water.

below is my progress pictures from 20/02/2013 to today (01/03/2013)...i wont be weighing myself till my first month is over, i feel that is a distraction and can put me off working out. i just feel so much better already.

i indeed on posting updates, maybe every friday, or maybe every two weeks.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Tony2204; 03-01-2013 at 05:52 AM.

Update - 04/03/2013

I will be starting a 5-10 day juice diet tonight. I know its not the best diet in the world, but iv seen good results from it. I will continue to spend 1 hour on my exercise bike everyday. hopefully when i post my next update on here il have some good results.

My goal is to reach sub 200 asap, from there anything is possible in my mind.

Weigh in Friday (PICS)

UDATE: 08/03/2013

This week has been the most eventful one. First of all, i decided to try out the juice diet, it was pretty easy for me, only done 3 days. i dont know, to me it felt like i was cheating my way to losing weight. however, i would recommend it, if you want a cleanse, so 3 to 5 days max should be enough.

Continued my exercise bike workout, done it everyday, due the the juice diet i only done 40mins a day.

Lost abit of weight, most im sure is water weight, but i feel so good, much lighter and my clothes are no longer as tight as they were 3 weeks ago. As you will see in the pics below.

Starting Weight: 101kg/224lbs
    Current Weight: 98kg/216lbs.

See you next friday
    Attached Images

pat_man05 is just really nice. (+1000) pat_man05 is just really nice. (+1000) pat_man05 is just really nice. (+1000) pat_man05 is just really nice. (+1000) pat_man05 is just really nice. (+1000) pat_man05 is just really nice. (+1000) pat_man05 is just really nice. (+1000) pat_man05 is just really nice. (+1000) pat_man05 is just really nice. (+1000) pat_man05 is just really nice. (+1000) pat_man05 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good luck man just stick to your diet and stay motivated. We have pretty similar stats and goals. Subbed. Plan on doing any Weight Training?
    OKC THUNDER - Kansas City Chiefs - Kansas City Royals

My Weight Loss/Transformation Log ( Start - 3/4/13) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152310823

Originally Posted by pat_man05 View Post
    Good luck man just stick to your diet and stay motivated. We have pretty similar stats and goals. Subbed. Plan on doing any Weight Training?
    Thanks bro...for now im doing light weight training at home, i plan on losing more weight first.

fitdragon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Tony2204 View Post
    Update - 04/03/2013

I will be starting a 5-10 day juice diet tonight. I know its not the best diet in the world, but iv seen good results from it. I will continue to spend 1 hour on my exercise bike everyday. hopefully when i post my next update on here il have some good results.

My goal is to reach sub 200 asap, from there anything is possible in my mind.
    Good job so far! I can't comment on the juice diet since I haven't tried it myself but just make sure you're losing body fat and not just body weight.
    Hassan
    http://bellyfatdemolition.com/

Originally Posted by fitdragon View Post
    Good job so far! I can't comment on the juice diet since I haven't tried it myself but just make sure you're losing body fat and not just body weight.
    thanks! yeah im not gonna do the juice diet thing again, the 3 days was all i needed to kick start my healthy eating. But iv seen other people get great results, so fair play to them.

Update 21/03/13

Hey guys, forgot to do an update last week, but since my last update a couple weeks ago, iv dropped 2kg/4.4 lbs. Everything is going perfect, im enjoying my food, eating clean. The juice diet was the best thing i ever done. I would certainly recommend it for just 3 DAYS. It seems to have given me the taste buds for vegetables, so im starting to really enjoy what i am eating. Workout routine, minimum of 30 mins on my exercise bike. It seems to be doing the job for me. However i hope to start jogging, once i loose a lil more weight.

I need help, if anyone can offer it, im trying to lose fat from my thighs area, any workout routines that you recommend?

Current Weight: 96kg/211lbs

29/03/2013 UPDATE

Well this week has been my lowest drop on the scale, but i wouldnt worry too much about that, as i done alot of weight training during the week. This morning i weighed in at 210lbs/95kg. Im planning on joining a gym now, i feel like if i do, i can reach my first target of 198lbs within one month. Just to give an idea of what i usually eat, below will show:

Breakfast:

Oats, eggs or a peanut punch. green tea.

Lunch:

Salad and beans. Green tea

Dinner:

Veggies/Salad, plantain, black eyed beans, chicken, turkey, fish.

Late night snacks

Cottage cheese with blueberries, nuts and stevia sweetener. fruits

Alot of water during the day, i try not to eat much other than these foods, trying to keep a consistent diet, it seems to be working, im never hungry.

Current Weight: 95kg/210lbs.
    Attached Images

UPDATE

Iv decided to join a gym, i feel like i need to step things up. Hopefully the weight training will help me tone up/burn fat. Started today, did chest, shoulders and triceps. Also done around 20 mins cardio.

Made my first cheat last weekend, since i started my journey, i had some beer(alot), i woke up with no hangover. I dont know if exercising helps prevent hangovers, but that was nice. However, no more drinks for me until end of the month.

Friday weigh in

Hey guys, im down another 3lbs/1kg. I dont know what else to say, im doing the same things. Joined a gym on tuesday, did my shoulders, triceps and chest. yesterday i did my back and biceps. Might go in today and do my legs and chest/triceps. Man i can almost taste the sub 200. Setting myself a target to get it done in 3 or 4 weeks. I plan to go harder on the cardio. Maybe twice a day.

This diet weight loss thing ****en amazing, if anyone is out there reading this and still hasnt started, what are you waiting for? If i can do it, anyone can, i am an extremely lazy person. But now i realize how much i was wasting my life away, disregarding my body and long term health. I feel so much better, i dont like sitting around no more, i want to go out and do things. Anyways, that enough from me this week. see you next Friday!

Current Weight: 94kg/207lbs

Hey Guys, little update here, weighed myself this morning, i weigh heavier,(up 3lbs) which is a bit disheartening considering i joined the gym last tuesday. im hoping its muscle weight, nonetheless, its a little annoying. pretty much the same diet, i was getting used to seeing the numbers drop, but im gonna stick to it, hopefully this is just a little setback. I have attached a pic, have a look. In 8 days it will be 2 months in, visually im a bit disappointed, it doesnt look like i have lost the 14lbs at all in that pic.

Current Weight: 95kg/210lbs
    Attached Images

Last week weight: 95kg/210lbs
    Today: 94kg/207lbs

This week i stepped up the cardio, for monday, tuesday and wednesday i did a 20 min High intensity run on the treadmill. This was around midday and around 9pm, spent an hour on my stationary bike each day. Also did weight training on monday,tuesday and thursday, plan to go in again today. Gonna take the weekend off, as its my birthday on the 22nd. Im gonna have a drink of course, iv restricted myself to water and green tea for the last couple months, i think i deserve it.

Today im going to put away my weighing scale, i feel like that **** is a distraction, im just going to judge my results from what i see in the mirror and how my clothes fit. So from now on, it will be a monthly update, so next weigh in will be on the 19th of May. I think i may have an issue with water retention as my muscles are getting accustomed to weight training again, hopefully this stops asap, by the end of may if i have not reached sub 200lbs, i will be very annoyed.

Anyways, until next time, take it easy and have a good weekend. peace

Kurt909 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kurt909 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kurt909 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kurt909 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kurt909 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kurt909 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kurt909 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kurt909 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kurt909 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kurt909 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kurt909 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    subscribed. im around the same weight and feeling quite motivated lately.

we can do this!

Originally Posted by Kurt909 View Post
    subscribed. im around the same weight and feeling quite motivated lately.

we can do this!
    we definitely can! stay motivated and thanks!

Had my birthday celebrations over the weekend, ended up drinking way too much, but its all good, back to business this week. My workout routine is below, i plan to use it again this week. i feel its a great balance. Enough rest time, but still intense.

Monday and thursday

20 mins treadmill (morning)
    chest, shoulders and triceps weight training
    40mins-1hr stationary bike (evening)

Tuesday and friday

20 mins treadmill (morning)
    Biceps, back and legs weight training
    40mins-1hr stationary bike (evening)

Wednesday

45 mins cardio morning
    45 mins cardio evening

Saturday and sunday

Rest, probably do light cardio on my stationary bike.

Couple weeks ago weight: 94kg/207lbs
    Today: 92kg/202lbs

Hey guys, this week has been good. I know i wasnt supposed to check out my weight, it has been a while plus i feel i knew i dropped a bit. Since my last update iv dropped 2kg/5lbs. Again SAME diet, its doing the job, so no need for me to change it just yet. I changed my work out routine a bit this week, instead of two days off, il be having just the one. I cant wait to hit sub 200, i feel so close to it, when i started this journey i felt like it was never gonna happen, i doubted myself, thought i would end up quitting early on. Anyways, until next week, take it easy.

update

Current Weight: 91kg/200lbs (-1kg/2lbs from last week)

hey guys, just a quick short update, down 1kg again. This week iv done cardio on the treadmill for 30mins each time. (monday 2 Saturday) Took a break from lifting. il get back to it on monday. Hopefully within two weeks il reach my FIRST target of 198lbs. il try my best to get it for next saturday.

BenB96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very good progress! I'm also trying to lose weight, only I'm 17 and 185lb's (6ft2). I started my weightloss not long ago, 2-3 months on and off and I've lose 30-35 lb's.

I can't offer you much advice, but make sure you're burning fat and not LBM. I was worried until I had read you have joined the gym. Keep the protein up and in my opinion, I'd step the cardio down a bit. Maybe just do a 6 day split between Cardio and weight training..

Anyway, good job man!

Originally Posted by BenB96 View Post
    Very good progress! I'm also trying to lose weight, only I'm 17 and 185lb's (6ft2). I started my weightloss not long ago, 2-3 months on and off and I've lose 30-35 lb's.

I can't offer you much advice, but make sure you're burning fat and not LBM. I was worried until I had read you have joined the gym. Keep the protein up and in my opinion, I'd step the cardio down a bit. Maybe just do a 6 day split between Cardio and weight training..

Anyway, good job man!
    Thanks for the advice bro, il take it on board and maybe look into my workout schedule a bit more. Congrats on your weight loss, all the best.

well, i gotta keep this s*** real, both on the ups and downs. This last week has been awful. Slacked off on my cardio, really annoyed with myself. Also ate a bunch of junk, so naturally i put on a couple of pounds. starting tomorrow i need to get back to business!

Today: 92kg/202lbs (+ 2lbs)

Just a little update, reached my goal weight 3 weeks ago, haven't really been online much to update. Currently weigh in at 196lbs. My aim is to lose 20 more this summer, then il be very satisfied. not sure if i should make a new thread, but il probably use this one. Il put up pics when i reach 185.