FBrown89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBrown89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBrown89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBrown89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBrown89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBrown89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBrown89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBrown89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBrown89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBrown89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBrown89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Fat Loss Question

Right now, I'm at around 296 pounds and I'm sure this has has been asked in a general form before BUT....I wanted to touch base on my situation specifically.

My goal for 2013, is to lose AT LEAST 50lbs while not getting all flabby or losing a ton of muscle. I'm more concerned with losing body fat than I am actually weight but I would like to lose around 50-75lbs total. I have 6 days a week that I can work out but for the first 2-3 months, I may not be able to make it to a gym but I do have a 24 hour gym nearby that I'll be going to within the next 2 months. I'm cutting out soda and drinking only water and sometimes coffee but I'm working on learning to drink it black. I'm also trying to cut out all my white carbs (bread, potatoes, pasta, etc) as well as getting in a lot of green veggies in the form of shakes. Should I mix in a meal replacement with that or stick to my current diet and get in lean meat. Moving on....

I ordered OxyElite Pro, a multi vitamin, fish oil, B12, and Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein (can I mix with milk and still get good results?)

My right knee is bad (pretty lame bone spurs) but alot of it has to be my weight. Any ideas on some basic stuff I can do at home for now?

Also, I have horrible cardio (and knee) so running isn't an option. Is it safe for me to do sprints? Jumping jacks?

I do consider myself relatively strong (I haven't touched a weight in 4+ years but benched 225 x 3 for example)

Thanks in advance guys!

JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    WHOA! Slow down... forums are designed for one question at a time brother... but I'll take a whack at this one

You are almost 300 lbs. and under 6 feet tall so unfortunately there will be some issues with your skin elasticity. The leaner you get and THE LONGER you stay lean the more your skin elasticity will return. I recommend shea and cocoa butter lotion throughout the entire course of your weight loss. This will help soften your skin and replenish a little of the elasticity.

As for your diet I would suggest starting out on the easy route by stocking up on canned veggies. Corn, squash, carrots, beans, peas, okra... you name it. These are very conveinant when it comes to getting in your veggies. They are higher in salt that fresh veggies but if you can find lower sodium versions you should be fine. Eat as much of these as you want! Work some fruits in but not too much. Two peices a day is enough. Lean meats like fish, white meat chicken, or lean pork is easy to prepare and will help you get your protein in for the day. Try to get 200 grams of protein in a day. You can prepare enough for four days at a time so you don't have to constantly cook.

Whey protein is derived from milk so adding it to milk is perfectly fine but use low fat or fat free milk. Use these shakes as a replacement for things like ice cream or other sugary snacks.

As for your bad knee and cardio choose low impact exercises like elliptical machines, rowing machines, swimming, bicycling. A calorie burned is a calorie burned and honestly I never run unless im being chased.

Hope that helped.
    Your mind is your most powerful muscle. Use it to your advantage.

FBrown89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBrown89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBrown89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBrown89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBrown89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBrown89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBrown89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBrown89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBrown89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBrown89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBrown89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Awesome! I'm not sure if my skin will be an issue or not. I'm pretty solid for my size. The only big part of me is my stomach which is also solid. I have really defined legs, arms, shoulders, etc. I gained about 100lbs in a year or so as some medication (which is now banned) I was on killed my thyroid/metabolism and I gained all this weight in about a 1-2 years when I was about 18-20 (I'm now 24). I was thinking about doing 6X a week. Mon/Wed/Fri full body weight workout, probably about 2 lifts per body part and Tues/Thurs/Sat Cardio such as a Bike or Elliptical, maybe even sprints once I lose a little weight. Sundays I was just going to stretch and have a cheat meal but my diet will be on point. I'm still pretty strong right now but my cardio is garbage. I would be fine with just losing body fat versus weight but based on my goals, what would you say is a safe time frame for me to do so without a ton of lose skin or anything? Thanks man!