beepeople has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

popping elbow nerve - successful treatment?

I am having ulnar nerve irritation due to popping of the nerve at the elbow. I went to see my ortho and he gave me anti-inflammation meds that seem to have helped. Before this, I was in severe pain with numbness/tingling. I am certain this was due to over use from weightlifting.

I am wondering if anyone has successfully dealt with, or even healed, a popping ulnar nerve without surgery? Can the nerve slip back into its groove with healing? My ortho has not suggested surgery yet, he thinks it's still too soon for surgery, he seems to believe I did something to irritate the nerve and with time it will mellow out and go back to where it belongs in it's groove - or at least he seems to give me hope that it might. Will it?

I am interested in hearing form people who may have had this more than several years ago who are doing well now. Anyone? Thanks for any info!
    Last edited by beepeople; 02-05-2013 at 05:12 PM.

beepeople has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Still hoping someone might have some info to offer. Thank you.

TrainInsane36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrainInsane36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Same issue

Hey man how are you doing now?? Im losing my f****** mind my elbow nerve popping thing is doing the EXACT same thing! But I only irritate it when benching and doing skull crushers but that's it, is it a bad thing that it happens? I feel no real pain with it during a usual day sometimes it's just sore after a workout the day after but overall im going insane man, I can phyiscally see a nerve popping back and foward when I put weight on my elbow and curl under pressure but otherwise I dont notice much out of it, what should I do about this man? I can't go to doctors and i don't want to get casted up or something lol

Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yea I have this same problem. I just had CT scans of the nerve, and the radiologist said that there isn't really much that can be done. Obviously the irritation/inflammation can be treated with anti inflammatories and like I have been recommended cortisone injections to reduce the swelling.

To stop the actual nerve slipping over the bone which is what causes this irritation in the first place, there is an operation that can be done to keep it tucked in. I don't know any details about it at this stage but I will fill you guys in as I find out.

My ulnar nerve was always a small issue, nothing alarming or worrying. But not it is very irritated and flared up and causing pins and needles, numbness and pain. I haven't been able to train upper body in 3 months. I believe its mostly due to not listening to my body when it was in pain during skull crushes and military press.
    Member of the Skeleton Crew

Aus Crew

capsirish31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

surgical options

They can place it in the muscle, under it, or in the fat. My surgery was intramuscular. Its not fun. I'm about two weeks post-op. Being in a brace sucks. I've never heard of it healing on its own or becoming less damaged. But I could be wrong. I just know my situation and a nurse that had it done as well and she hasnt had any issues after surgery and she feels better than before if not better. If you want any specifics just message me.

greenbeast123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ulnar nerve surgery info

brother i saw that you had the ulnar nerve surgery and said if info needed pm me.

so i have the problem that my nerve glides over my elbow bone when bent more than 90 degrees.
    Did you have the same problem? and how long after the surgery could you lift again at full strengt?

i am sorry to bother you but would really like your answer

Bless you