DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Looking to gain weight without losing muscle definition. Advice please?

Hi Everyone,
    I am at a solid 165lbs and not sure about my body fat %. Looking at some charts I would think I'm at about 10% body fat. Had shoulder/bicep surgery a year ago and in the past 8 months have come very far. I can't seem to get over 170 and I usually fluctuate back down to 165 shortly after I get to 170lbs. I like to think I eat good. Chicken, Fish, Vegetables, Brown Rice kind of guy. Drink only water throughout the day with an occasional can of soda (just being honest but it's not every day). I don't want to buy a mass builder and lose the definition I have worked so hard for. Does anyone have any advice for me? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sorry for the links to the pictures. I am new and am unable to embed these in my posts.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by DadWhoLifts; 06-29-2016 at 08:45 AM.

wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You have to eat at a small enough surplus so that you don't gain too much fat. I'd suggest you track your calorie intake, determine your maintenance level and go like 200kcal above that.

You're not at 5% bodyfat btw.

DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you for your reply. I have edited my comments as I'm honestly not sure about my body fat %. When I setup my goals it asked me which body style I looked like. Mistake on my part. Again, thank you for the advice.

Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You are being overly cautious, which is pretty common.

Looks like you have a nice base, but you are nowhere near 10%. I'd say more like 15%, but it's hard to tell for sure without a full body pic. Keep your diet strict and bump up the portions, give it a couple of weeks and see where you stand. You can always make changes on the fly, it isn't like any of this happens overnight after all..

Thank you very much for the advice Diamhea! I am glad most are cautious, I just did not want to seem like I was lying as I have no reason to. I will bump up my portions and see how that works out with a very fast metabolism.