Twinturbovette is not very helpful. (-500) Twinturbovette is not very helpful. (-500) Twinturbovette is not very helpful. (-500) Twinturbovette is not very helpful. (-500) Twinturbovette is not very helpful. (-500) Twinturbovette is not very helpful. (-500) Twinturbovette is not very helpful. (-500) Twinturbovette is not very helpful. (-500) Twinturbovette is not very helpful. (-500) Twinturbovette is not very helpful. (-500) Twinturbovette is not very helpful. (-500)

Some help with bulking and my macro's please....

measly reps, but reps !

my stats: 6'3
    weight:265

did the math and that's 3,180 calories day
    carbs: 318G/1272 calories
    protein: 318G/1272 calories
    fat:71G/636 calories

^^ if im cutting

first off ive come a long way and im ready to hit the gym full force. i went from 316 to now 255-265.. im going overseas for the summer and want to get in the best shape i can in these next 5 months.

do i bulk first?

do i cut first?

i was thinking bulk for 2 months and cut for 2 months..
    i know cutting is 40/40/20. (C/P/F)
    whats the numbers for bulking? also any tips for a beginner lifter would be awesome
    Dirty South Crew

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    do not base your diet based off of percentages. read the calculating calories thread and come back with any questions
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Twinturbovette is not very helpful. (-500) Twinturbovette is not very helpful. (-500) Twinturbovette is not very helpful. (-500) Twinturbovette is not very helpful. (-500) Twinturbovette is not very helpful. (-500) Twinturbovette is not very helpful. (-500) Twinturbovette is not very helpful. (-500) Twinturbovette is not very helpful. (-500) Twinturbovette is not very helpful. (-500) Twinturbovette is not very helpful. (-500) Twinturbovette is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    do not base your diet based off of percentages. read the calculating calories thread and come back with any questions
    i read that and my numbers are based off of that
    Dirty South Crew

can anyone help ?
    damn 145 views and no input...OUCH
    Dirty South Crew

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what other questions do you have
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    what other questions do you have
    needed someone to look over my number tell me if everything im doing is right. my carbs and protein seem high, is that right?
    Dirty South Crew

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Twinturbovette View Post
    my stats: 6'3
    weight:265

did the math and that's 3,180 calories day
    carbs: 318G/1272 calories
    protein: 318G/1272 calories
    fat:71G/636 calories

^^ if im cutting

first off ive come a long way and im ready to hit the gym full force. i went from 316 to now 255-265.. im going overseas for the summer and want to get in the best shape i can in these next 5 months.

do i bulk first?

do i cut first?

i was thinking bulk for 2 months and cut for 2 months..
    i know cutting is 40/40/20. (C/P/F)
    whats the numbers for bulking? also any tips for a beginner lifter would be awesome
    Your math looks off. If you based this on this thread and Katch-Mcardle.

Fats look low. And ratio is not best plan for surplus gains.

How did you get 71g fat from below?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Hitting protein and fat minimums does not change with goals. Calories beyond minimums for protein and fat can be used for carbs or protein or fats as fits you best.

As to cut/bulk, what is the mirror telling you?

Whatever caloric goal you pick, beyond making minimum macros, it's trial and error to land at a good number. Consistency and small changes leads to gains at steady rate.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    Your math looks off. If you based this on this thread and Katch-Mcardle.

Fats look low. And ratio is not best plan for surplus gains.

How did you get 71g fat from below?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Hitting protein and fat minimums does not change with goals. Calories beyond minimums for protein and fat can be used for carbs or protein or fats as fits you best.

As to cut/bulk, what is the mirror telling you?

Whatever caloric goal you pick, beyond making minimum macros, it's trial and error to land at a good number. Consistency and small changes leads to gains at steady rate.
    thanks for the reply, well im overweight but have a good bit of muscles built up from back in my football days and lifting my heavy ass around while working and lifting heavy things alot.
    i was thinking of changing these numbers to 50/30/20 C/P/F for a lean bulk. whats your opinion?
    Dirty South Crew

Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    5'7
    200lbs

Bench 315
    Deads 530
    Squats 420

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    thanks for the reply, well im overweight but have a good bit of muscles built up from back in my football days and lifting my heavy ass around while working and lifting heavy things alot.
    i was thinking of changing these numbers to 50/30/20 C/P/F for a lean bulk. whats your opinion?
    .4-.45 grams fat per pound body weight. 1 gram per pound protein. Compose rest of diet from carbs, or more protein and fats. Small surplus muscle building or small deficit fat removal seem to work best for retaining strength, preserving muscle, or minimizing fat gains.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    .4-.45 grams fat per pound body weight. 1 gram per pound protein. Compose rest of diet from carbs, or more protein and fats. Small surplus muscle building or small deficit fat removal seem to work best for retaining strength, preserving muscle, or minimizing fat gains.
    ok so ive been working on it and this is what ive come up with if i want to do a 50/30/20 split
    i went by the Mifflin-St Jeor formula and came up with the number 2720 calories rounded it to 2800 to be on safe side..

Dirty South Crew

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ok so ive been working on it and this is what ive come up with if i want to do a 50/30/20 split
    You obviously have not bothered to read the stickies.

Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Caspa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Looks pretty solid mate, give it a go. If progress is too slow try upping the protein to 250 and carbs to 400, you could also up the fats to 80.
    5'7
    200lbs

Bench 315
    Deads 530
    Squats 420

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    You obviously have not bothered to read the stickies.
    Nor post #2 in this thread

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Nor post #2 in this thread
    read the stickies. i know that i don't NEED to go about it in percentages. but my numbers came pretty close, so i adjusted a little to diet preference and came up with this meal plan.
    you all keep saying the same thing repeatedly why not just write out your point? im looking for input and discussion not just links. maybe someone else can learn from this thread later on, who knows...
    Dirty South Crew

Originally Posted by Caspa View Post
    Looks pretty solid mate, give it a go. If progress is too slow try upping the protein to 250 and carbs to 400, you could also up the fats to 80.
    thanks man, will def post progress pics soon
    Dirty South Crew

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Caspa View Post
    ^^^ This ^^^ is incorrect information.

^^^ This ^^^ is incorrect information.
    really, why so?
    Dirty South Crew

How the **** do you know how his body is going to react? some people grow of 2500kcals, some people need 4000+ to grow.
    5'7
    200lbs

Bench 315
    Deads 530
    Squats 420

bump
    Dirty South Crew

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP, even if posts seem harsh, they're the truth.

You had all the info even more but you don't want to listen to us.

Or you can listen to the reddie.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

Originally Posted by softpounder View Post
    OP, even if posts seem harsh, they're the truth.

You had all the info even more but you don't want to listen to us.

Or you can listen to the reddie.

Stats. 5'10 160
    chill out Fogul
    Dirty South Crew

Stats. 5'10 160
    chill out Fogul
    That's it. I'm no longer willing to help.

That's it. I'm no longer willing to help.
    oh because you've had so much insight on the subject. please. you were no help from the get go. im asking question on a forum to get answers and learn on the subject not be told BS. either share some helpful info or GTFO. simple
    Dirty South Crew

0kz will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0kz will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0kz will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0kz will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0kz will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0kz will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0kz will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0kz will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0kz will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0kz will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0kz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    oh because you've had so much insight on the subject. please. you were no help from the get go. im asking question on a forum to get answers and learn on the subject not be told BS. either share some helpful info or GTFO. simple
    yeah now everyone will want to help you..
    lol
    ps: pug actually helped u.
    bulking !

Originally Posted by 0kz View Post
    yeah now everyone will want to help you..
    lol
    ps: pug actually helped u.
    please do tell me how in the hell he helped me.....by posting a link to a sticky that clearly is @ the top of the forum, please.
    Dirty South Crew