JoshKukl is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JoshKukl is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JoshKukl is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JoshKukl is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JoshKukl is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JoshKukl is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JoshKukl is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JoshKukl is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JoshKukl is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JoshKukl is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JoshKukl is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Carb back loading with two workout in a day?

Say I were to workout in the morning and at night on a carb backloading diet. What would I eat after the morning workout and would I stick to simple carbs at night still?

Ultimate Strength ArabAesthetic's Avatar
    ArabAesthetic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArabAesthetic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArabAesthetic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArabAesthetic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArabAesthetic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArabAesthetic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArabAesthetic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArabAesthetic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArabAesthetic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArabAesthetic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArabAesthetic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JoshKukl View Post
    Say I were to workout in the morning and at night on a carb backloading diet. What would I eat after the morning workout and would I stick to simple carbs at night still?
    Meal timing doesn't matter, it's personal preference. If you like to eat your carbs before your workout to energize your performance, then go ahead.

Simple or complex, it doesn't matter. Complex carbs tend to have more fiber in it thus making you full for longer period of time, If you like them. Eat them.
    ✔ Calisthenics ONLY For MASS & STRENGTH.

✔ No Supplements. No Weights. No Excuses.

✔ DISREGARDS weights*ACQUIRE aesthetics.

JoshKukl is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JoshKukl is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JoshKukl is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JoshKukl is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JoshKukl is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JoshKukl is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JoshKukl is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JoshKukl is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JoshKukl is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JoshKukl is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JoshKukl is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by ArabAesthetic View Post
    Meal timing doesn't matter, it's personal preference. If you like to eat your carbs before your workout to energize your performance, then go ahead.

Simple or complex, it doesn't matter. Complex carbs tend to have more fiber in it thus making you full for longer period of time, If you like them. Eat them.
    Meal timing most certainly does matter, a lot. A sandwich today is much different than one tomorrow.

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You've not given us a lot of information to work with. However I will make a few assumptions. I assume you are training for a competitive endeavor, I also assume you are trying to make a weight and currently you are cutting, if that is accurate then meal timing may very well help you. Having an adequate meal following your morning session would be paramount in my opinion, I would suggest a varied and balanced meal that will provide adequate amounts of all three macros.

If my assumptions are correct it seems reasonable to assume you have your energy balance worked out quite well and your caloric intake is strictly monitored. The only thing that does bother me is the question about carbs at night, why are you wondering about simple carbs at night? If you are following some protocol eating "simple carbs at night" in order to replenish glycogen stores you would do just as well with a balanced meal that simply provides adequate carbohydrates and provides for sufficient or more than sufficient micro nutrients as well. GL

For those of you who don't know, carb backloading is basically eating a ton of sugar post workout until you go to bed.... assuming you workout at night.

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    For those of you who don't know, carb backloading is basically eating a ton of sugar post workout until you go to bed.... assuming you workout at night.
    Your definition differs from mine. Good luck!

Originally Posted by rand18m View Post
    Your definition differs from mine. Good luck!
    "Your" "mine" ? There's really only one definition. It's a diet made up by DH Kiefer. I just don't want to buy the actual program because it's like $80, so I only really know the basics, not the fine details.

TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    "Your" "mine" ? There's really only one definition. It's a diet made up by DH Kiefer. I just don't want to buy the actual program because it's like $80, so I only really know the basics, not the fine details.
    Fine details can be the difference between success and failure

Originally Posted by TonyNail View Post
    Fine details can be the difference between success and failure
    That's why I'm asking this question you moron. Why would you even say that?

TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So you expect someone else to buy an 80 dollar book and tell you the details. Nice

Originally Posted by TonyNail View Post
    So you expect someone else to buy an 80 dollar book and tell you the details. Nice
    I expect responses to be from someone who might have something helpful to say.

bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    why are you working out twice a day?

Brofessor is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessor is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessor is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessor is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessor is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessor is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessor is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessor is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessor is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessor is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessor is just really nice. (+1000)
    And why are you trying to follow a diet plan that you don't know about?
    Best Meet Lifts:
    375/255/430/1060 - 8/9/14
    435/281/501/1217 - 12/6/14

Best Gym Lifts:
    440/280(paused)/495/1215

Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This sort of answer isn't going to make people want to help you...

When I train twice a day (for Muay Thai), I find that having carbs in between the two workouts helps me perform better and that I feel like **** if I don't have them. Let your own energy/performance levels guide you on this one, though. Why are you training twice a day anyway?

If you're concerned that CBL isn't going to be suitable for your schedule, don't follow it. There aren't any special benefits to it beyond personal preference.
    You aren't even doing strict 'CBL' anyway if you haven't read the book, which makes it doubly weird that you're getting pissy about how others choose to define it.
    Depending on what you're training for, you maybe shouldn't be training twice a day anyway.

Mags2696 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A little late on the reply here but if you haven't figured out yet haha here's what John Keifer recommends. If you're training in the morning at the optimal time then take in healthy high glycemic carbs, such as bananas including a shake post training. Then for the rest of the day eat no carbs. After your evening session ingest simple carbs, or supposedly junk food. Correct me if I'm wrong haha

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mags2696 View Post
    A little late on the reply here but if you haven't figured out yet haha here's what John Keifer recommends. If you're training in the morning at the optimal time then take in healthy high glycemic carbs, such as bananas including a shake post training. Then for the rest of the day eat no carbs. After your evening session ingest simple carbs, or supposedly junk food. Correct me if I'm wrong haha
    You can safely ignore what Keifer says as his advices is based on cherry picked studies.

Instead eat carbs when you prefer to and when it allows you to perform well.

You do not need high GI carbs post workout or any other time of the day. You can eat them if you prefer though.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why not just make things simple and get in your target amount of carbs in whenever you want? Carb backloading, carb cycling, etc, is unnecessary. Use your mental energy to focus on the things that actually matter more than things that CAN make an extremely small difference.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB