Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Let's attack the IRON journey2swole's Avatar
    journey2swole is a name known to all. (+5000) journey2swole is a name known to all. (+5000) journey2swole is a name known to all. (+5000) journey2swole is a name known to all. (+5000) journey2swole is a name known to all. (+5000) journey2swole is a name known to all. (+5000) journey2swole is a name known to all. (+5000) journey2swole is a name known to all. (+5000) journey2swole is a name known to all. (+5000) journey2swole is a name known to all. (+5000) journey2swole is a name known to all. (+5000)

Stacking ErgoPump, NMT and ErgoShred - journey2swole tests the stack

I first want to extend a huge debt of gratitude to all of the GREAT ErgoGenix reps here on the forums for this stack. I had won this back last August and before the package arrived at my home I was given an assignment here at work that put me on the road away from home, the gym and anyplace close to getting a nutritious meal through the end of the year last year. The box of all this goodness sat at my house, unopened, under the care of my wonderful wife. Upon my return back to the US and home I immediately caught whatever crud is going around with the respiratory issues and congestion that took me close to three weeks to get over keeping my return to the gym delayed even longer.

So now after an almost six month period of getting nothing more than hotel bodyweight exercises and some sporadic cardio routines I managed to get back into the gym last week.

A little about me: I am 48 years old and have been working out consistently usually hitting the gym five days a week Monday through Friday with two days rest on the weekend. I hit every body part one time a week and use free weights and mix in cardio using either LISS or HIIT depending upon my goals and the training program I am following at the time. I am a certified personal trainer and also carry a certification in sports nutrition but do not work in the field.
    I will be logging the supply of all three products I received from ErgoGenix while they last. Here is my plan for this stack.

ErgoPump – 1 scoop pre-workout
    NMT – 1 cap pre-workout
    ErgoShred – 2 caps pre-workout, 2 caps late afternoon

In addition to this stack I also am using Gaspari MyoFusion Probiotic protein along with my multi, liquid Nordic Naturals Fish Oil and Flax Seed Oil.

While I was out of the gym I feel my body really got saggy and I added some extra weight that I want to shed. My workout plan is last week and this week I am conditioning and getting back into my routine working each body part one day each week, I am going lower weight and higher reps for three to four sets of each routine and adding in LISS cardio. On Monday, February 4th I will be starting a full 16 week cut cycle using Scivation’s Cut Diet and nutrition plan. I have used this program multiple times in the past and seen good results. My cut cycle will be complete on May 26th which is also my wife’s birthday. I will take that week off and then long range begin Ben Pakulski’s Mi40 Mass Building plan for six weeks. Although I still am wearing my 31” waist pants they are getting tighter and this plan ought to put me back where I need to be.

Let’s get this started and welcome aboard! I appreciate and welcome any and all feedback and motivation you may throw my way during this run.
    UnCut ~ My Pre-workout of choice!!

........... ▪█──────█▪ ...........

Follow my 16 week cut log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155347883

“Goals are dreams with deadlines.” Diana Scharf Hunt

pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1rd
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175642411
    IG: parsonagegym

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi Ken! Long time no see!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171086161&p=1435554041#post1435554041

Big is out, Greek is in Outside backer's Avatar
    Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    In on Ergojerk

Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Inb4 ERGOGENIX
    RIP in Peace

journey2swole is a name known to all. (+5000) journey2swole is a name known to all. (+5000) journey2swole is a name known to all. (+5000) journey2swole is a name known to all. (+5000) journey2swole is a name known to all. (+5000) journey2swole is a name known to all. (+5000) journey2swole is a name known to all. (+5000) journey2swole is a name known to all. (+5000) journey2swole is a name known to all. (+5000) journey2swole is a name known to all. (+5000) journey2swole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by pastorpritch View Post
    1rd
    I knew you would be, David. Great to have you following along - now the bar has been set haha

Originally Posted by MuscleMom View Post
    Hi Ken! Long time no see!!!
    Far too long, Tricia. But, I am glad to be back and hopefully off the road for good outside of a vacation from time to time with the wife. I have been anxious to give this stack a try and have some very high hopes for it pushing me through my workouts as I get back to my routine. The fat buring from the ErgoShred will be welcomed too lol I hope all is well for you!

Originally Posted by Outside backer View Post
    In on Ergojerk
    Great to have you along! I look forward to really pushing this and making some gains in my volume and a good body recomp. I was amazed at how much strength I lost being out for so long. sad.jpg

Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    Inb4 ERGOGENIX
    David, happy to see you here, I look foward to any feedback you may have along the way.

Follow my 16 week cut log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155347883

INITIAL THOUGHTS

TUESDAY:

I workout first thing in the morning and fasted. I know, there are many who disagree with this practice, but over the years I have found this is what works best for me. I get up at 4:20 AM, take my supplements and then am at the gym when they open shortly before 5 AM. Once I am done with my workout I shower and get dressed for work. I take my protein shake when I leave the weight floor or cardio area each day. My protein shake is mixed with 5g of Fish Oil and 15g Organic Flax Seed Oil and 50g Protein shaken with cold water.

Another consideratioin is that I am following the Cut Diet plan which is no cars other than fibrous carbs except for every third day (18th meal) This also effects energy as the body adjusts and becomes carb depleted.

Here is my thought on yesterday, Day 1 of using this stack.

TASTE: 10/10 I have to say I have not been a fan of "fruit punch" flavoring in most other products I have tried but this tasted great. Actually enjoyed drinking it.
    MIXING: 10/10 I mixed 1 scoop in 8oz of cold water and had no residual sediment after shaking. Mixed easy and completely. This is better than most I have used.
    ENERGY: 8/10 I had much better energy than I had on Monday or at all last week. I give this an 8 due to my own personal experience. I know I can get a little more in this area and of course sleep, nutrition, recovery and dose are all factors in this equation. I will be tweaking all of these areas as I move forward.
    FOCUS: 6/10 This was not as much a factor of the stack as it had more to do with the crowd at the gym. I like to follow a static routine working each muscle and moving to the next. Yesterday was leg day so I normally work Quads then move to Hams, Glutes and end with Calves. There was an abnormally large crowd for 5 AM and I had to mix up muscle workouts due to benches, squat rack and other items being used while due to time I also did not get all my routines completed due to waiting and this threw me off my game mentally.

OVERALL THOUGHTS: I was very impressed with my first experience with this stack. I have been totally stim/supplement free for 6 months now so I had a good boost with this stack. I did have a slight GI discomfort on the way to the gym but as soon as I arrived and hit the iron it was gone. I started with Barbell Squats and powered through 4 sets of 15 reps with no problem taking only 60 second rests between sets.

WEDNESDAY:

Same schedule as yesterday, but when I arrived at the gym they had no power due to the heavy severe thunderstorms and tornados in the area so no back workout today. I can tell you I am bouncing off the walls here at the office haha

OUCH !!!

Today was my arm day with a focus on both Biceps and Tricep isolation. I can tell you that the pump I had in my arms was not only massive but almost three hours later my arms are still burning and probably 1.5" larger than they were pre-workout. Can anyone say painful haha!! Seriously, it is hard to type or even lift my coffee.

Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by journey2swole View Post

OUCH !!!

Today was my arm day with a focus on both Biceps and Tricep isolation. I can tell you that the pump I had in my arms was not only massive but almost three hours later my arms are still burning and probably 1.5" larger than they were pre-workout. Can anyone say painful haha!! Seriously, it is hard to type or even lift my coffee.
    If it hurts that bad now, wait until tomorrow! Nice job so far, Ken. Be careful drinking that coffee around the computer after a workout like that.
    RIP in Peace

If it hurts that bad now, wait until tomorrow! Nice job so far, Ken. Be careful drinking that coffee around the computer after a workout like that.
    I will post up the workout once I get home today, I log my workouts in the gym using Fitocracy and cannot access it here from work using my phone to generate a report. I am slightly embarassed to post my weights since being out of the gym for close to 6 months while on the road but it is what it is so they say. I am keeping my focus on strict form and working with high reps right now and for the next 4 full weeks then should be able to start to significantly increase my volume as my strength returns.

pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Amen!!

Changed the AVI to one taken this month so I can track my cut progress. I hope to change this once my full 16 weeks is complete to one that is remarkably different in a good way haha

THURSDAY, JANUARY 31, 2012

Today was arm day, before I post the workout I need to add a disclaimer for all of those who have followed my logs in the past. The volume is much lower than what you are accustomed to seeing me post. This is getting back into the gym after a six month no gym period due to work as explained above. I hope to be back to my normal routine in quick order.

For present I am focusing on higher rep counts and being strict in my form. I am also timing my rest periods between set and routines at 60 seconds.

So, here it is:

Wide-Grip Standing Barbell Curl:
    50 lb x 15 reps
    60 lb x 15 reps
    70 lb x 15 reps
    80 lb x 15 reps

Preacher Curl:
    55 lb x 15 reps
    60 lb x 15 reps
    65 lb x 15 reps
    70 lb x 15 reps

Hammer Dumbbell Curl:
    40 lb x 15 reps
    35 lb x 10 reps
    30 lb x 10 reps
    25 lb x 10 reps

** Biceps were fried and pumped after this last routine **

Triceps Pushdown - V-Bar Attachment:
    50 lb x 15 reps
    57.5 lb x 15 reps
    65 lb x 15 reps
    72.5 lb x 15 reps

Cable Rope Overhead Triceps Extension:
    30 lb x 15 reps
    35 lb x 15 reps
    42.5 lb x 15 reps
    65 lb x 15 reps

Walking (treadmill) pre-workout: (3.5% Incline 4.2 MPH)
    0:10:00

Elliptical Trainer: Post Workout
    0:30:00 || Moderate

Overall not a bad workout but would have liked to hit a few more routines and some abs work. That will come.

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks Ken. All is well here. Glad to see you back in action and tearing it up Sometimes a little break is def what we need to help respark the flame!

Keep up the great work and have a good weekend!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171086161&p=1435554041#post1435554041

Thanks Ken. All is well here. Glad to see you back in action and tearing it up Sometimes a little break is def what we need to help respark the flame!

Keep up the great work and have a good weekend!
    Great to be back

Today is Day 1 Week 1 of the full-on 16 week cut cycle. So far nutrtion plan and workout on track allbeit not a long track yet. I will post up today's results once I am home and on my computer versus my Nexus 4 phone.

Today's workout seemed very light, I am following Scivation's Cut Diet and Workout plan and the first 4 weeks are light weight, high reps.

Glad your getting started man, keep it up!

velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) velocityrob has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Great to be back

Today is Day 1 Week 1 of the full-on 16 week cut cycle. So far nutrtion plan and workout on track allbeit not a long track yet. I will post up today's results once I am home and on my computer versus my Nexus 4 phone.

Today's workout seemed very light, I am following Scivation's Cut Diet and Workout plan and the first 4 weeks are light weight, high reps.
    One day a time.
    "Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him."

Last night was one of those nights once I got home. Had 100 errands to run and it was pouring down rain most the evening so I never did manage to get online. It was almost 11 by the time we got home and I went straight to bed knowing that I had to be up at 3:50 to head back to the gym.

Today was lower body, leg day. So good workout and still maintaining 3 sets of 15 reps of each routine. Next week I will be increasing the sets to 4 but staying lower weight and high reps.

Nutrition has been spot on so far (only second day lol) and otherwise I am ready to kill it in the gym. 16 weeks seems like a long time but in reality it will be here and gone before you know it. I know many people hate cutting but I actually enjoy most parts of it.

Will post yesterday and today's workouts soon.

Somehow, no matter how early I get up, there are never enough hours in the day lol

16 weeks will FLY by!

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2012

Barbell Incline Bench Press:

65 lb x 15 reps (+52 pts)
    75 lb x 15 reps (+56 pts)
    85 lb x 15 reps (+60 pts)

Barbell Bench Press:

65 lb x 15 reps (+51 pts)
    75 lb x 15 reps (+55 pts)
    85 lb x 15 reps (+58 pts)

Dumbbell Flyes:

15 lb x 15 reps (+18 pts)
    17.5 lb x 15 reps (+18 pts)
    20 lb x 15 reps (+19 pts)

Push-Up:

15 reps (+22 pts)
    12 reps (+18 pts)
    15 reps (+22 pts)

Crunch:

20 reps (+10 pts)
    20 reps (+10 pts)
    20 reps (+10 pts)

Reverse Crunch:

12 reps (+15 pts)
    12 reps (+15 pts)
    12 reps (+15 pts)

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sugar Fiber
    Totals 1,570 80 78 137 49 12

TASTE: 10/10
    MIXING: 10/10
    ENERGY: 8.5/10
    FOCUS: 8/10
    PUMP: 4/10 Not enough weight today in this chest routine to really get a pump, focus was on hitting all my reps/sets and keeping my form and time down. Not the supplement's issue here.

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2013

Barbell Squat:

235 lb x 15 reps (+161 pts)
    285 lb x 15 reps (+226 pts)
    305 lb x 15 reps (+259 pts)

Seated Leg Curl:

80 lb x 15 reps (+14 pts)
    100 lb x 15 reps (+16 pts)
    110 lb x 15 reps (+17 pts)

Leg Press:

285 lb x 15 reps (+39 pts)
    335 lb x 15 reps (+46 pts)
    375 lb x 15 reps (+52 pts)

Lying Leg Curls:

75 lb x 15 reps (+13 pts)
    90 lb x 15 reps (+15 pts)
    105 lb x 15 reps (+16 pts)

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sugar Fiber
    1,361 31 58 176 9 8

TASTE: 10/10
    MIXING: 10/10
    ENERGY: 9.2/10
    FOCUS: 9/10
    PUMP: 7/10

Today is a very low energy day, struggled to get out of the house this morning and once at the gym every routine was a challenge to get through. I started the Cut Diet plan on Monday morning so that means no carbs outside of fibrous sources like spinach and green beans until my last meal today when I will get 1/2 cup of oatmeal and 8oz of sweet potato. The carb depravation has really hit me hard today, which normally after the first two weeks my body adjusts and I do much better in managing my energy levels. I can't wait to get this carb meal in today, at least tomorrow will be a better workout day.

Today was my back day, despite having an energy level of probaly 3 I did still manage to get a nice back pump going today in my delts that I can still feel almost 3 hours after my workout. That is a nice feeling at least and helps keep me from going into the break room and gorging out on bad carbs haha

drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In for the party.

The good ol Cut Diet. I've utilized it a few times myself! Haha. It certainly works.

Originally Posted by drooks10 View Post
    In for the party.

The good ol Cut Diet. I've utilized it a few times myself! Haha. It certainly works.
    If I remember correctly it was you who introduced me to the cut diet plan for my first run. I have run this a few times as well and I have always had great success with it each time. The most difficult part is getting your body used to the carb depravation. Once that is done the rest is easy. But I do look forward to the carb up meals

Awesome workout this morning, Energy was spot on after last nights carb meal. Focus was good and strength was decent but would have liked a little more. Muscles are feeling full today, my wife told me this morning when I got up that it looked like I had gained muscle overnight haha. It was the carbs from last night giving me a much fuller appearance but I just went with the muscle growth line

Tomorrow is my high carb day. I def need them!

nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by dewey99 View Post
    inb4 ergogenix
    +2
    Fck your "Company rep rule violation"

Tomorrow is my high carb day. I def need them!
    I was feeling pretty beat yesterday all day, but back on top today after last nights carb load. Worked out at 5 this morning and I am already wanting to go back and hit it again. Gotta luv a good carb meal.

Originally Posted by nugget5 View Post
    +2
    I wondered where you were at bro, but dewey has been holding down the fort. Welcome!!

drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome workout this morning, Energy was spot on after last nights carb meal. Focus was good and strength was decent but would have liked a little more. Muscles are feeling full today, my wife told me this morning when I got up that it looked like I had gained muscle overnight haha. It was the carbs from last night giving me a much fuller appearance but I just went with the muscle growth line
    Carbs to the rescue! Haha. Good to see you are feeling more energy. Put it to use and keep progressing!

I think i remember drooks introducing it as well
    Enjoy the carb up day my man!