Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by PR1MO View Post
    If you prove that 100g carbs from fructose is gonna be different from glucose and sucrose, I will give you Necons phone number.
    They are absorbed and transported differently in the body. Download "Advanced Nutrition - Human metabolism 5th edition", go to page 71 regarding carboyhydrate absorption.

michaeloey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michaeloey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michaeloey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michaeloey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michaeloey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michaeloey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michaeloey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michaeloey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michaeloey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michaeloey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rand18m View Post
    Pug it has become abundantly clear in this thread that many, or most, don't have a grasp on what is "clean" or "dirty" food, or "bro" foods or whatever stupid moniker people want to put on food products. This apparently is the case even with some of the more knowledgable posters. The idea that we discuss foods in isolation instead of the composition of peoples diets is mind blowing. You would think people on this forum as a whole would be more knowledgable than that!

For example the silliness of a "carb is not a carb" nonsense. I would be more receptive to that discussion if they said something like, "a saccharide is not a saccharide", well maybe then we could discuss the metabolism of those differences, but to say a carb is not a carb is not helpful to anyone. (somehow free glucose and that contained in sucrose are different)

This entire argument is quite dumb really, but it does appear many like the argument because they have been doing so for years!

So for those that think sucrose and other such monosaccharides constitute a threat to a bodybuilding diet then abstain, for those that don't and like including sucrose in your diet, then do so, with proper calibration you'll be fine. (for some reason people around here think everyone is insulin resistance)

For those that are convinced that fat is dirty, then stay on the low end of fat consumption, but don't take your phobia too far, because very low fat WILL be detrimental to your goals, however it's very hard to eat very low fat consistently unless you are a veggie or some such extreme dieter.

In the meantime, as Layne and even Pug above suggests, compose a diet that meets all your bodies requirements, do so with foods you enjoy, preferably from as many whole foods as possible, within the energy balance parameters you chose for stated goals and you'll do fine and remain sane. For those whom sanity doesn't appeal, continue to tell yourself that some foods are evil and keep your diet restricted, you'll be happier that way. That comment is not meant to be disparaging, many that engage in bodybuilding are obsessive by nature, that's ok unless you think everyone else should be that way too! Good luck everyone!
    Like it! i just simply feel great by restraining myself from certain "bad" foods, even when i factor them into my daily macros..... I strongly agree that whichever path u picked, there are always more than 1 way to achieve certain goals, more than 1 way to hit a particular macro intake, therefore, u should choose whatever u like the most and the ones that make u feel good about urself, coz that's what BB is all about, boosting ur self confidence, and make u feel good about urself!

michaeloey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michaeloey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michaeloey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michaeloey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michaeloey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michaeloey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michaeloey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michaeloey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michaeloey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michaeloey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    And those that don't quit often suffer the consequences, included reduced socialization, increased likelihood of nutritional deficiencies, decreased quality of life, time waste, etc.
    That might be true for those who keeps on trying to reach their ideal body composition while being bombarded with misinformation or misinterpretation, such as the idea that u can eat junk all day and achieve the desired fat loss! That would quickly bring them into depression, as skinfold reading increases....

Clean eating can be made a habit, once that becomes a habit, u will not feel that u r missing on something, or have strong cravings for junks. Cravings usually happens because u made i habit to consume "junk", that once u try to convert to clean eating, ur body is just not used to it. The idea of healthy lifestyle is to make it a habit to consume clean- high quality foods most of the time, and allowing some treats occasionally...

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by michaeloey View Post
    Like it! i just simply feel great by restraining myself from certain "bad" foods, even when i factor them into my daily macros..... I strongly agree that whichever path u picked, there are always more than 1 way to achieve certain goals, more than 1 way to hit a particular macro intake, therefore, u should choose whatever u like the most and the ones that make u feel good about urself, coz that's what BB is all about, boosting ur self confidence, and make u feel good about urself!
    Just looked over that post and realized I had a serious typo, fixed now!

OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000)
    You know, isnt Clean eating IIFYM? YOur fitting plain chicken and plain brocolli into your macros, um..

MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Adds420 View Post
    I've read plenty of "quality" poster continually spout bs like this. The other issue is the rudeness and entitlement all the avid IIFYM followers have. Heaven forbid you say the word clean. Your post will then be littered with pictures of soap and windex. I follow IIFYM, but will never attack anyone for eating "clean.'

/rant
    IIFYM and clean eating can be done at the same time, couldn't it? It's not so much a diet or way of eating as it is a dietary philosophy(approach to how one responds and reacts to their intake) You can't follow clean eating so much as practice it, and you can't really practice IIFYM any more than you can practice lack of inhibition. That's all IIFYM really does, it releases you from unnecessary dietary restriction. e.g. the skinless chicken breast+rice+broccoli mantra clean 'extremists' tend to banter on about. This is no more the essence of clean eating than 'just shove it in your mouth and you're good' is to fitting into your macros.

I'm not trying to make you aware of something you aren't regarding IIFYM, just pointing out that it isn't a diet, it's just a practical approach to HOW one considers their food, not how one eats it.

It should always be the first and foremost priority for anybody seriously trying to be fit to get their macros/micros sufficiently hit. What that's from? if it fits, it doesn't matter.

You'll be hard pressed getting any micro nutrients from a bakers dozen of donuts, and with the proper priorities (overall health via macro/micro sustenance THEN caloric intake be it deficit or surplus etc) it's painfully obvious that this then becomes a poor candidate to reach any of that. A pop or muffin to get the extra calories and carbs at the end of the day though is something completely acceptable and separate from that.

being an extremest for anything in life is narrow minded and in most cases there's generally an acceptable middle ground to it all. (something to learn and appreciate from both/all sides)
    Last edited by MrZombieSteve; 02-02-2013 at 07:49 PM.

MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by michaeloey View Post
    . Cravings usually happens because u made i habit to consume "junk", that once u try to convert to clean eating, ur body is just not used to it.
    additionally to this cravings happen a lot of the times due to lack of certain micro nutrients that specific junk foods carry a diminutive amount of. e.g. cravings for chocolate sometimes are due to magnesium deficiencies and can be satiated by nuts, seeds, legumes or certain fruits. fatty foods or pastries can be due to calcium or carbon to name a few and leafy greens, grapes, onions and white meats can satisfy these as well. e.t.c.

Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here's a quote directly from my human nutrition text book

"Purified refined sugars contain no other nutrients-protein, vitamins, minerals, or fiber-and thus qualify as foods of low nutrient density. A person choosing 400 calories of sugar in place of 400 calories of whole-grain bread loses the protein, vitamins, minerals, and fiber of the bread. You can afford to do this only if you have already met all of your nutrient needs for the day and still have calories to spend"

The ironic thing is this stuff that Alan and Layne talk about isn't revolutionary, there's just so much bull **** out there from people trying to make a buck the real info get's forgotten in the midst of it all. If you look at the Canadian food guide (or american) it follows pretty much the same basic principals Layne and Alan suggest. Eat a large verity of non processed food, make sure you get sufficient vitamins, minerals, macronutriets and the right amount of calories. But dispite that people would still rather take the dietary advice from someone that is sell you something.