RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Seated Calf Raise Machine?

High guys im currently using a hack suat machine for calf raises , ie calf block inserts into the middle of the hack squat base plate .Does the job nicely to get those calf muscle pumped , wondering would a seated calf raise be worth buying to get complete calf development or would the hack squat calf raises be good enough?i am getting good results with it , def get a great pump on the calfs would that be good enough? Cheers.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by RussAnderson View Post
    High guys im currently using a hack suat machine for calf raises , ie calf block inserts into the middle of the hack squat base plate .Does the job nicely to get those calf muscle pumped , wondering would a seated calf raise be worth buying to get complete calf development or would the hack squat calf raises be good enough?i am getting good results with it , def get a great pump on the calfs would that be good enough? Cheers.
    If you're training as a bodybuilder, calves should be worked from both straight-leg and bent-leg positions. The most efficient way to train them with bent legs is with a Seated Calf machine.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    wondering would a seated calf raise be worth buying to get complete calf development or would the hack squat calf raises be good enough?
    Seated calf raise is an isolation exercise for the soleus muscle. In a seated position the gastrocneus muscle is relaxed. I scanned a calf muscles drawing from Frederic Delavier's Strength Training Anatomy book. Look at the exact location where each muscle inserts at the top to understand how calf mucsles work.

A seated calf machine is worth buying; but the exercise itself can also be done with a barbell or on a Smith machine.

Attached Images

RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the advice Guys much appreciated, looks like i should be investing in a good seated calf raise machine Thanks Again .

Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000)
    I had a hack squat that I did calf raises with. I had a hard time getting enough weight on it to do a good job (over 500 pounds would then really dig into my shoulders).

I like the Yukon's foot plates but I do not think they still make this version.

I now have a Yukon seated unit and really like. So far, it has handled heavy weight fine.

()---() York Barbell Club #29 ()---()

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When you start looking for a seated calf machine don't look at the ones with the circular foam roller pads. These will start cutting into your quads once the weight gets heavy, you might as well lay a weighted oly bar across your thighs. Look for the ones like Biggerfoot posted a pic of with the pads.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    When you start looking for a seated calf machine don't look at the ones with the circular foam roller pads. These will start cutting into your quads once the weight gets heavy, you might as well lay a weighted oly bar across your thighs. Look for the ones like Biggerfoot posted a pic of with the pads.

adding to this check the quality of the foam in the padding. if you can press it almost flat easily with your hand, time to look elsewhere!
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is there a way to get the gastrocneus muscle involved in a seated calf raise? I point my toes in three different directions.

\/
    ||
    /\
    I deserve that pedestal, I own it, and the sea ought to part for me.
    Just get out of the fuking way, I'm on a mission.
    So just step aside and gimme the trophy.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by TommyStarwind View Post
    Is there a way to get the gastrocneus muscle involved in a seated calf raise? I point my toes in three different directions.

\/
    ||
    /\
    No. The gastroc crosses the knee; when the knee is bent (as in seated), it's slack to a point where it has limited involvement.

It (gastroc) is best called into play when the legs (knees) are straight (the soleus also works in this position, which is the reason why so much more weight can be moved that way; both muscles are sharing the work), and even a bit moreso with the leg (knee) straight and the upper body bent forward at the hip, as in Donkey Calf Raises. These (Donkeys) are the king of calf exercises, but are difficult to implement, since they require at least one training partner as the 'weight.' Some gyms have a dedicated Donkey machine, which requires no other person, but they're very rare.

RE: the "pointed-toe" protocol; some trainees claim you can work 'different' parts of the calves by doing this. My opinion is that with the knees and ankles torqued in an unnatural position, and then loaded with heavy weight, you may be doing more harm than good, at least from the standpoint of the joints. YMMV here.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I agree that a seated calf raise machine is very valuable. Although you can train the calf with a bent knee by placing plates, db's, or a bar on your lap once the weight gets heavier it's a total pain in the ass. I've tried doing it holding onto 4 45lbs plates in gyms with no seated calf machine and inevitably end up with a half-assed calf workout and alot of frustration.

I don't know about what you'll find for prices in the UK but here in the US a seated calf raise is one of the least expensive machines you can get even from commercial equipment manufactures. As an example, bodymasters was one of the more respected commercial brands before they went out of business a few years ago, and well before they did go out of business I bought a brand new seated calf from them shipped for $800.

This is one of the most popular right now although it's expensive at $1200 it doubles as a calf and tibia machine which is pretty innovative:
    http://store.sorinex.com/Seated-Calf...ine-p/ct-1.htm

If you buy any 'home grade' seated calf model it's definitely worth using before you buy, like many have said above without the right knee pads it can be a very uncomfortable experience.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #30 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #7 []---[]

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's been a while since I've logged on here, but I plan to write a review on the Body-Solid Seated Calf Raise GSCR349 in the next week or so. I can tell you right now that it's a keeper.

matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    did you buy the sleeve adapters? i don't know of any body solid thing that doesn't need them to be bought separately. wish they would just make it for olympic plates but they don't. it was like that for my cable crossover by them.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have the GSCR349 and I had to buy the adapters. Good calf raise, however.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah, I got the X-mark 8-inch sleeves. I think they are the same design as the ones sold by Body-Solid. I'll look up the price later, but they were pretty cheap and provide plenty of length for my usage. I could have bought the 14" ones, but for floor space purposes, I can place the machine closer to a wall with the 8" sleeves. I guess the advantage of buying the sleeves separately is you can choose the length you want. Chrome sleeves might be nicer and more durable, as these plastic ones do show some mar from the plates sliding on and off. We'll see how these look after a few months of usage. I bought these because they matched the shape and color scheme of the rest of the machine and they have rounded end caps.

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    It (gastroc) is best called into play when the legs (knees) are straight (the soleus also works in this position, which is the reason why so much more weight can be moved that way; both muscles are sharing the work), and even a bit moreso with the leg (knee) straight and the upper body bent forward at the hip, as in Donkey Calf Raises. These (Donkeys) are the king of calf exercises, but are difficult to implement, since they require at least one training partner as the 'weight.' Some gyms have a dedicated Donkey machine, which requires no other person, but they're very rare.
    This is the first time I read somebody really explaining the benefit of doing Donkey Calf Raises. The only machine for calf training that is missing in my home gym is Donkey Calf Machine. I was about to buy Body-Masters machine, but realized I don't have space to accomodate it. Those machines are huge and weigh well over 700 lbs. Thanks for the information.

isn't a donkey calf machine like a vertical leg press, just the other way? it looks like it would be the same to me from a video i just watched of a donkey calf raise.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jetigen View Post
    This is the first time I read somebody really explaining the benefit of doing Donkey Calf Raises. The only machine for calf training that is missing in my home gym is Donkey Calf Machine. I was about to buy Body-Masters machine, but realized I don't have space to accomodate it. Those machines are huge and weigh well over 700 lbs. Thanks for the information.
    Calf raises done on a 45 degree leg press work the same as a donkey calf machine as would a vertical leg press, the key being that you are at a 90 degree angle at the waist.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    Calf raises done on a 45 degree leg press work the same as a donkey calf machine as would a vertical leg press, the key being that you are at a 90 degree angle at the waist.
    I don't like doing calf exercises that way. It's just my personal preference.

Registered User mensagitatmolem's Avatar
    mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    John Parrillo has a few decent videos on YouTube on calves, with one being almost 9 minutes long. Somebody has already mentioned soleus and gastroc. Fast twitch vs. slow twitch also comes into play, which calves can be thought of as slow twitch. Also, if you are really interested in size, you might also look at a few of John's Fascial Planing videos. He is known for that as well.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #40 []---[]

Hi Guys Thanks for all the usefull info much appreciated , im prob going to do what Justin did and get the body solid seated calf raise machine .It looks pretty decent and ive heard good reviews on it , please go ahead with your review Bro be interested to see it before i buy Cheers.

jaguara5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaguara5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaguara5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaguara5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaguara5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaguara5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaguara5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaguara5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaguara5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaguara5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaguara5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Guys Thanks for all the usefull info much appreciated , im prob going to do what Justin did and get the body solid seated calf raise machine .It looks pretty decent and ive heard good reviews on it , please go ahead with your review Bro be interested to see it before i buy Cheers.
    Another interesting option seems to be the keysfitness(co.uk) seated calf machine (KF-CR).

Interesting however i do like the look of the Bodysolid one im just wondering how much it holds ? its listed as full commercial so im thinking a lot more than 350 lb. Birthdays coming around i think im going to treat myself get me the bodysolid machine .Been doing standing calf raises for ages now but really want to develope my lower calf muscle better and inc seated raises ie superset the two will be interesting .Cheers.

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Interesting however i do like the look of the Bodysolid one im just wondering how much it holds ? its listed as full commercial so im thinking a lot more than 350 lb. Birthdays coming around i think im going to treat myself get me the bodysolid machine .Been doing standing calf raises for ages now but really want to develope my lower calf muscle better and inc seated raises ie superset the two will be interesting .Cheers.
    Just FYI, when you start using a seated calf machine, you will find that you can't do nearly as much weight as you typically do standing. The way the machine is built adds a lot of leverage which magnifies the effect of the weight you are using--100 lbs will feel more like 200 or 250 lbs. I mention this so that you don't load up more than you can handle the first time around!
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

Thanks thats Good to know as ive never used a seated calf machine ever , prob better so i can work more harder trying to increase the weight.

Just put a order in for the body solid seated calf machine , looking forward to using this hopefully it will do my job nicely .Superset between standing and seated calf raises go for the burn get some decent shape in my calf muscles and ofcourse boost lower leg strength for squats .

mitch1953 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    Yes but the prices are out of this world for a simple one person home gym.

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mitch1953 View Post
    It depends how serious you about your home gym and your training goals.

I believe the last majority of the regulars here have invested thousands of dollars into their home gyms, and very few of them would tell you that their gyms are "complete".
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

renzo477 will become famous soon enough. (+50) renzo477 will become famous soon enough. (+50) renzo477 will become famous soon enough. (+50) renzo477 will become famous soon enough. (+50) renzo477 will become famous soon enough. (+50) renzo477 will become famous soon enough. (+50) renzo477 will become famous soon enough. (+50) renzo477 will become famous soon enough. (+50) renzo477 will become famous soon enough. (+50) renzo477 will become famous soon enough. (+50) renzo477 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    for some reason, seated calf raises don't do much for me at all, i have tried many styles, heavy, high reps, fast reps, slow reps, peak contractions, many different methods but it doesn't make my calves grow at all

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mitch1953 View Post
    Very few own a dedicated calf machine. Very far down the list unless you have a specialized need. I wouldn't waste the time or space on one personally. If I did want one then Craigslist would be my source and I'd want it REAL cheap.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #83 ▪█─────█▪

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

Spoken36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spoken36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spoken36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spoken36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spoken36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spoken36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spoken36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spoken36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spoken36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spoken36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spoken36 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's pretty easy to prescribe several or even all of the compound exercises to anyone and know that they really do need to do those exercises.

Seated calf work, though, depends entirely on if the trainee in question knows exactly what he/she wants the calves to look like, and has taken the opportunity to critically asses what his/her calves actually look like. It takes some understanding of anatomy and proportion. It would also be very helpful to assess how standing and/or donkey calf work response has gone.

It's part of the bodybuilding as sculpture process and is very cool that we can to a large degree guide our physiques.