Thread: Cardio Advice

Catie253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catie253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catie253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catie253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catie253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catie253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catie253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catie253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catie253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catie253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catie253 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cardio Advice

Looking for some guidance in regards to starting in Cardio. My endurance is terrible, and I need a good program to follow! By terrible I mean 1-2 minutes and Im out of breath.

Im 55kg and pretty fit in every other aspect, flexibility, strength etc. Cardio just kills me and I need to change that

Any help would be loved!
    xx

Try2Try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same problem so my advice will be less technical and more mental.

I recently bought a stationary recumbent bike and to start, I could barely get through 3 minutes. My heart would be hammering away and I was sweating like crazy. Currently, I can do 20 minutes with only a couple of pauses to rest my legs. Here's how I got to that state:

- First, I picked a cardio workout that I didn't totally hate - for example, I hate jogging. Maybe I'll jog at some point but to start, you definitely want something you'll at least sort of like doing.

- I attempted as much cardio as I could tolerate, 5 times a week. Meaning that I did the bike until I literally could not do it anymore and my legs felt like noodles.

- Because I have the bike in my home (as a pose to a gym where this might not work as well), another thing I would do was get on the bike for 3 minutes, do weights for 10, 3 minutes of bike, another 10 with weights. Breaking it up this way allowed me to do more cardio during one session.

- Lastly, and this will seem like a trivial detail but really works, get some good tunes going. The more I was distracted by my mp3 player, the less I paid attention to the burn in my legs and chest.

It will take time but you'll get there as long as you push yourself. I noticed improvements in my endurance 4 sessions in - I was measuring by number of songs I could get through

sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Catie! Same stats as me
    I HATE cardio, I try and avoid it because it kills me too lol but in cutting phase I smash HITT training. I love it because you give it all you've got and then slow it all down and catch your breath. Works great for me!

Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I run 4 days a week 4-5 miles a day, I love it.
    If you wanna try running though I would say to try a walk/run program
    Love the Lord your God with all your heart & with all your soul & with all your mind & with all your strength. -Mark 12:30

With God all things are possible. -Matthew 19:26

myfitnesspal: marissarenee

★ ☆ ★ MFP Aesthetics Crew ☆ ★ ☆ ★

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Unlike building muscle---which is a long, slow process, cardiovascular fitness improves very rapidly. You just gotta start.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

Diddlypops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diddlypops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diddlypops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diddlypops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diddlypops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diddlypops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diddlypops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diddlypops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diddlypops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diddlypops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diddlypops is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You might want to try an iron supplement. I always used to get out of breath while running - way before my body was tired. Turned out I was anaemic. The iron supplement worked a treat. Have you had your iron levels / ferritin checked recently?

Catie253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catie253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catie253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catie253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catie253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catie253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catie253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catie253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catie253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catie253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catie253 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sindibee View Post
    Hey Catie! Same stats as me
    I HATE cardio, I try and avoid it because it kills me too lol but in cutting phase I smash HITT training. I love it because you give it all you've got and then slow it all down and catch your breath. Works great for me!
    Thanks! I have been doing HIIT but I didn't really improve haha. Guess I just have to stick with it!

Originally Posted by Diddlypops View Post
    You might want to try an iron supplement. I always used to get out of breath while running - way before my body was tired. Turned out I was anaemic. The iron supplement worked a treat. Have you had your iron levels / ferritin checked recently?
    Wow thanks I ever really considered it being iron levels or a deficiency in anything else. I'll definitely have my iron levels tested as thats exactly how I feel, just out of breath. Thanks!

darenblack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darenblack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darenblack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darenblack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darenblack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darenblack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darenblack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darenblack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darenblack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darenblack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darenblack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Catie253 View Post
    Looking for some guidance in regards to starting in Cardio. My endurance is terrible, and I need a good program to follow! By terrible I mean 1-2 minutes and Im out of breath.

Im 55kg and pretty fit in every other aspect, flexibility, strength etc. Cardio just kills me and I need to change that

Any help would be loved!
    xx
    55kg doing 2 mnts cardio and you,re out of breath !! try to increase time doin cardio gradually, you should be able to do at least 20 mnts in no time. unless you have a health problem!! good luck in your training.

RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do not enjoy cardio at all! I started using am upright bike at home recently. I set it to HIIT intervals, and watch a show on my tablet/blast some metal on my MP3.
    20-30 mins and I'm done.
    The advantage is I can do it anytime, but try to do it before lifting.
    At 50 lbs overweight I can do at least 30 mins/5-6 miles, so if you are out of breath after few minutes, I would have it checked.