Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: IF: Part Three

tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In, I'm getting back into IF after a couple of weeks out of town. I think I actually prefer the IF schedule better, so that's reason enough to get back into it.
    Hebrews 12: 1,2
    https://peacewithgod.net

Basic Nutrition: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183

saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tnthudson View Post
    in, i'm getting back into if after a couple of weeks out of town. I think i actually prefer the if schedule better, so that's the reason to get back into it.
    fyp

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Personal preference,

Trail and error is the winner here.
    these
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Sineck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How you guys doing on the IF?

I've been on IF for about 4 months and I love it. I've been cutting for about 2 months and right now I'm right where I want to be for starting my lean bulk. I do have some questions though.

I've been reading that Martin uses a -10% + 20 or 30% for lean bulk, is this true? What are your thoughts? I'm also going to be doing a 25/75 75/25 split (fats and carbs) on my workout days vs rest days.

I'm gonna stay on maintenance for about 2 weeks before starting so I have some time to research. Most likely I'll have to feel it out. if I gain too much weight I'll adjust my macros, I'm aiming to gain about 0.5 lbs per week.

Keep up the good work guys!

Schultzy85 is just really nice. (+1000) Schultzy85 is just really nice. (+1000) Schultzy85 is just really nice. (+1000) Schultzy85 is just really nice. (+1000) Schultzy85 is just really nice. (+1000) Schultzy85 is just really nice. (+1000) Schultzy85 is just really nice. (+1000) Schultzy85 is just really nice. (+1000) Schultzy85 is just really nice. (+1000) Schultzy85 is just really nice. (+1000) Schultzy85 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Sineck View Post
    How you guys doing on the IF?

I've been on IF for about 4 months and I love it. I've been cutting for about 2 months and right now I'm right where I want to be for starting my lean bulk. I do have some questions though.

I've been reading that Martin uses a -10% + 20 or 30% for lean bulk, is this true? What are your thoughts? I'm also going to be doing a 25/75 75/25 split (fats and carbs) on my workout days vs rest days.

I'm gonna stay on maintenance for about 2 weeks before starting so I have some time to research. Most likely I'll have to feel it out. if I gain too much weight I'll adjust my macros, I'm aiming to gain about 0.5 lbs per week.

Keep up the good work guys!
    Hey mate I'm no expert, but keen to offer my thoughts.... I like the idea of more cals on workout day. For my current bulk (I think, would have to check) I'm at about 0/20%. If you're aiming to gain 0.5lbs/week, then you should just aim for around +1500-2000cals/week, and choose a split that suits you. Then adjust as necessary depending on what the scales do (over a number of weeks, not days).

On the macro split, in my opinion you really should just shoot for 1g protein/lb (could really be less but I think 1g is easy enough to achieve) and 0.45g fat/lb, then get the rest in carbs. I don't really see the advantage to varying fat/carb intake. Also don't see any point in getting more protein/fats than this. Carbs are cheap and best form of energy so go for them!

As I said though, just my thoughts, I'm no expert.
    Meet - 375/215/441

Gym - 353/231/452

Sineck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Schultzy85 View Post
    Hey mate I'm no expert, but keen to offer my thoughts.... I like the idea of more cals on workout day. For my current bulk (I think, would have to check) I'm at about 0/20%. If you're aiming to gain 0.5lbs/week, then you should just aim for around +1500-2000cals/week, and choose a split that suits you. Then adjust as necessary depending on what the scales do (over a number of weeks, not days).

On the macro split, in my opinion you really should just shoot for 1g protein/lb (could really be less but I think 1g is easy enough to achieve) and 0.45g fat/lb, then get the rest in carbs. I don't really see the advantage to varying fat/carb intake. Also don't see any point in getting more protein/fats than this. Carbs are cheap and best form of energy so go for them!

As I said though, just my thoughts, I'm no expert.
    Thanks for the response Schultzy! That is another option I'm thinking about! It is a lot simpler than carb cycling, but I do see the benefits of cycling my carb/fat intake. It is also something I've never done before and may prove to be a interesting experiment.

Thoughts people?

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Sineck View Post
    This doesnt matter, total calories do. If you want to cycle your calories you can, if you want to keep them the same everyday you can do that as well. This is all "Personal Preference" in the end, it does not matter if you swing the carbs/fats at all. Listen to your body on days you have higher fats and higher carbs and remember how your mood/energy/gym performance was and then set up your macro intake to support what suits you better. I have found that higher carbs everyday and lower fat suits me, so my current macros are around 475g of carbs daily and fat around 45-50g daily with protein staying the same. ON non-workout days i just drop carbs a bit but keep fat/protein the same.

Cycling = Personal preference, there is no magic behind it, the total amount of kcals in the 24 hour period and 7 day week is what matters for your goal regardless if cutting/bulking.

KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I trained fasted for the first time today. My strength was fine, but I noticed on my higher volume sets I burned out a little quicker. Does your body ever adjust to that, or is that just one of the caveats of fasted lifting?
    Is thou perturbed, brethren? Come forth to a notable degree of proximity, male sibling!

JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaxLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I know it's been highly debated, but how does cardio fit into this whole scheme? I've got some extra lbs to lose as I am sitting around 25% BF and I'd like to accelerate this process a tad. I would still classify myself as an "Overweight-Beginner" as I've been controlling my intake (not all that strict but not no-holds-bared) and setting PRs every week, building muscle, etc. The scale isn't moving at all. Hasn't for about a month. Same range of 240-245lbs each week. Can I use cardio to add a jolt to my progress and maybe break me out of this cycle? Anyone been successful at doing this via cardio?
    Current Lifts:

Incline Bench: 205x3
    DeadLift: 405x1
    Box Squat: 325x4

Goals by July 1:
    Incline Bench: 235
    Deadlift: 450
    Box Squat:375

wwazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) wwazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) wwazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) wwazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) wwazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) wwazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) wwazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) wwazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) wwazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) wwazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) wwazza is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JaxLifter View Post
    I know it's been highly debated, but how does cardio fit into this whole scheme? I've got some extra lbs to lose as I am sitting around 25% BF and I'd like to accelerate this process a tad. I would still classify myself as an "Overweight-Beginner" as I've been controlling my intake (not all that strict but not no-holds-bared) and setting PRs every week, building muscle, etc. The scale isn't moving at all. Hasn't for about a month. Same range of 240-245lbs each week. Can I use cardio to add a jolt to my progress and maybe break me out of this cycle? Anyone been successful at doing this via cardio?
    At 240lbs 25% bf you really should be able to lose fat quite easily. Sounds like you're doing something right with the weights if you're setting PR's and seeing muscle gains in the mirror, however to lose the fat quickly you have to be at a calorie deficit and monitor this as best you can! If your happy eating at maintenance, then cardio will be the way to lose the extra pounds. Half an hour to 45 mins of low to medium intensity cardio after your workout will help no doubt. This can be done fasted also, you'll know its working because at the end of the cardio you'll be tired as you're body is digging into them fat reserves to keep you going. Good Luck.

Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mehcba View Post
    Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

What are peoples thoughts on different windows daily? I work and train different hours most days - so for example, yesterday I fasted from 1-9pm with a workout at 7pm, and last meal at 8.30pm or so.

Today however, I won't be able to make it until the gym until after 8pm, so will be eating after 9pm. So, outside my 8hr window if I were to break my fast at 1pm - if I fast until 2pm today, then I will have fasted for 17 hours.

Or am I over thinking it?!
    I Would like to know this too. Some days I will be able to fast for longer, some days I will be able to train fasted whereas other days I won't

Also, I'd like to know if there is a requirement of how much cals/protein should be eaten pre workout? Or is any amount fine?

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Ali18 View Post
    any amount fine?
    this

and window length can vary
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    IF is Awesome!!! been doing it for about 2 weeks. Fasting for about 20 hours, train fasted (BCAAs and Preworkout before), and pig out before bedtime. So happy I found out about this.
    Bench - 365x1
    squat - 415x1
    deadlift - 505x1
    weighted chinup 50x8
    weighted dip 125x7

Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Casali View Post
    IF is Awesome!!! been doing it for about 2 weeks. Fasting for about 20 hours, train fasted (BCAAs and Preworkout before), and pig out before bedtime. So happy I found out about this.
    Wouldn't the pre workout break your fast?

YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh View Post
    Written by Emma-Leigh and determined4000

IF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermittent_fasting) is a dietary protocol that has been around for many years. In basic terms it involves alternating periods of 'feeding' with 'fasting'.

This form of eating has recently been popularized by Martin Berkhan, and his website containing many details and information and articles can be found here. http://www.leangains.com/.
    Emma, in the presence of AAS administration, do you think IF would in one way or another prove itself superior to a standard 4-6 meal, every 2-3 hour feeding pattern?

Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ali18 View Post
    Wouldn't the pre workout break your fast?
    The preworkout is so little calories, I dont think it would count as breaking my fast. With the BCAAs and preworkout, I think I am looking at about 10 to 20 calories, and that is guessing high. Even if that is enough to break my fast, I am still fasted for about 18 - 20 hours before I start my workout (depending on what time stopped eating last.) I think Martin Berkhan says as long as you keep your calorie intake below 50, you are still fasted.
    Last edited by Casali; 02-17-2013 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Add a sentence.
    Bench - 365x1
    squat - 415x1
    deadlift - 505x1
    weighted chinup 50x8
    weighted dip 125x7

YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by YCHR View Post
    Emma, in the presence of AAS administration, do you think IF would in one way or another prove itself superior to a standard 4-6 meal, every 2-3 hour feeding pattern?
    Anyone else besides Emma, care to chime in?

slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey guys,

I'm 6'1 around 212lbs, and I'm cutting.

I'm cutting at around 1800-2000cals currently.

I normally like to workout early morning, but considering I want to start IF and I'm in college I want to reconsider this.

I go out at night a lot late, and calories are consumed sometimes until 1-2am. If I break my fast around 4PM everyday, and lift around 8-9PM, would IF still work me to my benefit? This would mean that the majority of my calories are being consumed post 10PM.

Is eating like this bad in any way to stay in accordance with IF?

if you break the fast at 4 then you have until midnight to stil be following IF guidelines

last I checked, 10pm was before midnight. But things could have changed.
    Originally Posted by slick1235676 View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm 6'1 around 212lbs, and I'm cutting.

I'm cutting at around 1800-2000cals currently.

I normally like to workout early morning, but considering I want to start IF and I'm in college I want to reconsider this.

I go out at night a lot late, and calories are consumed sometimes until 1-2am. If I break my fast around 4PM everyday, and lift around 8-9PM, would IF still work me to my benefit? This would mean that the majority of my calories are being consumed post 10PM.

Is eating like this bad in any way to stay in accordance with IF?
    Founder of MMDELAD

bdub2070 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdub2070 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdub2070 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdub2070 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdub2070 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdub2070 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdub2070 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdub2070 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdub2070 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdub2070 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdub2070 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Are Leangains and IF the same thing?
    Shhh no negs, only reps now

I Rep back ALL 100+

**Meditates Daily Crew**

IG: bwood20
    I follow back all miscers crew

bdub2070 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdub2070 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdub2070 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdub2070 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdub2070 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdub2070 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdub2070 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdub2070 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdub2070 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdub2070 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdub2070 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Also is the notion that our body can only digest about 40 g of protein and the rest is waste over a couple hours complete broscience?
    My protein macros are over 250 Gs and taking that amount in a span of 8 hours sounds like a complete waste of a lot of protein.

I Rep back ALL 100+

**Meditates Daily Crew**

Stalldad is just really nice. (+1000) Stalldad is just really nice. (+1000) Stalldad is just really nice. (+1000) Stalldad is just really nice. (+1000) Stalldad is just really nice. (+1000) Stalldad is just really nice. (+1000) Stalldad is just really nice. (+1000) Stalldad is just really nice. (+1000) Stalldad is just really nice. (+1000) Stalldad is just really nice. (+1000) Stalldad is just really nice. (+1000)
    The idea that the body can only digest 40g of protien at a time is broscience. The body can digest whatever amount of protien you eat (within reason). If you eat a large amount of protien it will just take the body longer to fully digest that amount.

Originally Posted by Stalldad View Post
    The idea that the body can only digest 40g of protien at a time is broscience. The body can digest whatever amount of protien you eat (within reason). If you eat a large amount of protien it will just take the body longer to fully digest that amount.
    Mind=Blown
    It seems like everything I was taught about nutrition and my body when I first started working out 3 years ago is complete BS.

I Rep back ALL 100+

**Meditates Daily Crew**

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bdub2070 View Post
    Mind=Blown
    It seems like everything I was taught about nutrition and my body when I first started working out 3 years ago is complete BS.
    Muscle and Fitness Magazines are a hell of a drug full of broscience.

krazykay5487 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can you take an appetite suppressant/ Fat burner while fasting?
    My Stack

Jack3d
    All American EFX Kre-Alkalyn
    XTEND
    Controlled Labs - Orange Triad
    Kirkland - Fish Oil

Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrricco has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    IF isn't anything special, I've probably been doing IF for over half a year. Now im not a religious person on here that freaks out when their window isnt met. It's all calories in vs calories out, so if you break it early dont freak, or if your extra shortening of a window will not make your fat loss any greater. I myself love IF cause I cram a ton of food down in a few hours. After doing IF for so many months, the only benefit I;ve found is that I train best when Im doing it fasted. Great thread, love reading peoples post on here.

OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000)
    What is the main thought on Ealry Morning Fasted Training, during a intermediate bulk?
    7:30am Wake up
    8:00-10:00am Train with 10g BCAA
    12:30pm Break fast 900 calories
    7:30-8pm Last meal 900 cal
    sleep 11pm

So i am fasting for for about 17 hours, training fasted, and fasting for 2.5 more hours after training. i only consume 10g bcaa in that time and thats sipped on during training.

Also anyone familiar with glycergrow, will that be okay to consume with during my fast with 54 calories??

neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The BCAAs will effectively spike MPS to last you til your meal. Normally I recommend slamming them back pre-exercise; but I'd actually sip on them 8-9am personally.

I wouldn't recommend adding Glycergrow.

Is it a good idea to start/break the fast at varying times throughout the week? For example, Mon-Weds break and begin fast earlier, Thurs-Fri later and Saturday and Sunday much later? Or does it have to be consistent throughout the week?

OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by neddo View Post
    The BCAAs will effectively spike MPS to last you til your meal. Normally I recommend slamming them back pre-exercise; but I'd actually sip on them 8-9am personally.

I wouldn't recommend adding Glycergrow.
    Problems with glycergrow? And alright cool you think 10g is enough for that period of time, or should i go ahead and break my fast shorter with a whey shake just incase their is a benfit to protein while bulking, instead of waiting to eat 2.5 hours after