Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50)

In need of serious help (long post)

OK, I'll try to keep this as short as possible.

About 2.5 weeks ago, everything was going very well with lifting, I had just reached PR's in both bench (285x5, 320x1) and OHP (175x4).

I decided to attempt Smolov JR bench routine, which was a HUGE mistake. I did it for 1.5 weeks, but my CNS and especially shoulders and rotator cuffs were getting really burned out. On my last session, I was supposed to do 8x4@265, but I was so burned out that I couldn't even complete the 2nd set, and I was feeling completely fatigued and unmotivated.
    I still decided to go with my routine and do my shoulder workout 2 days later... when I struggled to get 145x5 on military press, I knew I was in need of a break. At this point I was pissed off, but didn't think that much of it, feeling that it was just due to me being overtrained from Smolov.

I decided to take 4 days off from lifting, and during that time I transitioned from maintenance calories into a cut (2700 cals/day). At the end of the 4 days, I felt fresh and rested and came back for a benching session, thinking my strength would be at its usual level on bench (285x5/295x3).... I was so wrong, I just barely managed 275x3... yes, in the matter of a few days, I went from benching 295x3 and a 320 bench to barely 275x3.

Today, I did military presses... I was expecting the worst in terms of strength and I was right... I struggled to get 150x4 with ****ty form, when just a short time ago I could get 175x4.
    So basically, I've lost 25 lbs off my OHP and 20 lbs off my bench, and I've been cutting for only 1 week, and not at a big deficit either. Surely the decreased calories can't explain this big of a strength loss, and I know I'm not overtrained since I took 4 days off lifting, and at the same time that isn't nearly enough time off to lose strength.

Honestly, at this point I'm considering quitting lifting altogether.... I need your help brahs, what do I do? Sorry for the long post

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Sounds like you reached a peak and fell off it. This happens. Smolov JR in particular is designed as a peaking program.

I can't explain the phenomenon in terms of established training theory but it's well known amounst powerlifters.

You should deload and go back to reps in the 70-80% of 1RM range.

Read this:
    http://www.lift-run-bang.com/2012/07...-weekly-q.html

There are some other good more recent articles on that site but I can't find them right now.

JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Panterabreh View Post
    OK, I'll try to keep this as short as possible.

About 2.5 weeks ago, everything was going very well with lifting, I had just reached PR's in both bench (285x5, 320x1) and OHP (175x4).

I decided to attempt Smolov JR bench routine, which was a HUGE mistake. I did it for 1.5 weeks, but my CNS and especially shoulders and rotator cuffs were getting really burned out. On my last session, I was supposed to do 8x4@265, but I was so burned out that I couldn't even complete the 2nd set, and I was feeling completely fatigued and unmotivated.
    I still decided to go with my routine and do my shoulder workout 2 days later... when I struggled to get 145x5 on military press, I knew I was in need of a break. At this point I was pissed off, but didn't think that much of it, feeling that it was just due to me being overtrained from Smolov.

I decided to take 4 days off from lifting, and during that time I transitioned from maintenance calories into a cut (2700 cals/day). At the end of the 4 days, I felt fresh and rested and came back for a benching session, thinking my strength would be at its usual level on bench (285x5/295x3).... I was so wrong, I just barely managed 275x3... yes, in the matter of a few days, I went from benching 295x3 and a 320 bench to barely 275x3.

Today, I did military presses... I was expecting the worst in terms of strength and I was right... I struggled to get 150x4 with ****ty form, when just a short time ago I could get 175x4.
    So basically, I've lost 25 lbs off my OHP and 20 lbs off my bench, and I've been cutting for only 1 week, and not at a big deficit either. Surely the decreased calories can't explain this big of a strength loss, and I know I'm not overtrained since I took 4 days off lifting, and at the same time that isn't nearly enough time off to lose strength.

Honestly, at this point I'm considering quitting lifting altogether.... I need your help brahs, what do I do? Sorry for the long post
    Just a few thoughts. When doing smolov your goal for all other lifts is to maintain do not expect to gain. Without seeing your whole program i would say too much other stuff. Alsp The point of a deload or a break is to recover so why eat less calories? You want to eat more so your body does recover.
    AverageToSavagePL ---> Logging Avatar Nutrition and Juggernaut Method
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170942461&p=1433119761#post1433119761

Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks guys, that was helpful. I'm going to deload and then go back to doing reps @ 70%... but still, I'm not that pissed about bench, but mostly OHP... I mean going from 175x4 to 150x4 is awful, it took me like 3 months to gain that strength, I feel so weak and powerless now

ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000)
    Depending on how big you are, still 150 are great numbers.. the deloads are key factors to maintain gains, which is not always linear.. so the heed what Suffolk and John wrote and keep your head cold..
    my workout log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147657213
    my blog about weight lifting -> http://jsaarelainen.wordpress.com/
    "May the sun illuminate thy path!"

my currents : sq 319 - dl 419 - bp - 231 - ohp 143
    my goals 2014 : sq 341 - dl 440 - bp 242 - ohp 154