Thread: Cheat Day

Milzey1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Milzey1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Milzey1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Milzey1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Milzey1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Milzey1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Milzey1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Milzey1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Milzey1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Milzey1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Milzey1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cheat Day

Hey People!

I have been on a very strict diet whilst trying to shread my body fat. So far so good. The only guilty think ive had is 300mls of Gatorade (For my calf cramps).

At this stage I dont feel like its nessasary to have a cheat day, but I wanted to know what you guys think? Is it nessasary?

If you guys have a cheat day what rules do you follow?

I guess im scarred of enjoying it and falling into my old routines.

Cheers Guys

ShadyPioneer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have only just started my diet since beginning of January and have eaten things I wouldn't have eaten normally (previously I was eating ALOT of junk food etc.), but after reading a lot on here it seems that it's okay to indulge every now and then. I'm personally limited myself to one awesome (junk) meal every two weeks. Last weekend was my first so I had a curry from a local curry house, in two weeks time I'll have a Nandos!

Think the idea is just to be careful and sensible, whether cheat meal, or day.

nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Milzey1992 View Post
    Hey People!

I have been on a very strict diet whilst trying to shread my body fat. So far so good. The only guilty think ive had is 300mls of Gatorade (For my calf cramps).

At this stage I dont feel like its nessasary to have a cheat day, but I wanted to know what you guys think? Is it nessasary?

If you guys have a chat day what rules do you follow?

I guess im scarred of enjoying it and falling into my old routines.

Cheers Guys

search IIFYM
    I REP BACK

Calories in vs Calories Out Bro
    IIFYM

NEBOSH

herrincd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herrincd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herrincd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herrincd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herrincd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herrincd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herrincd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herrincd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herrincd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herrincd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nicklyne View Post
    search IIFYM
    This...your physique and sanity are eternally indebted to this man.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Eat foods you like every day, then every day is a cheat day. There is no need to restrict your diet to bland unappetizing foods you don't like. You need to be able to structure a diet with foods you like eating or you will never have long term success.

Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    Eat foods you like every day, then every day is a cheat day. There is no need to restrict your diet to bland unappetizing foods you don't like. You need to be able to structure a diet with foods you like eating or you will never have long term success.

This^^^ I can now honestly say everything I eat is something I enjoy and look forward to.
    ^^Former 400+lb Crew^^
    August 23rd 2011 - 469.8lbs
    August 23rd 2012 - 201.4lbs

Milzey1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Milzey1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Milzey1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Milzey1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Milzey1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Milzey1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Milzey1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Milzey1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Milzey1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Milzey1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Milzey1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ShadyPioneer View Post
    I have only just started my diet since beginning of January and have eaten things I wouldn't have eaten normally (previously I was eating ALOT of junk food etc.), but after reading a lot on here it seems that it's okay to indulge every now and then. I'm personally limited myself to one awesome (junk) meal every two weeks. Last weekend was my first so I had a curry from a local curry house, in two weeks time I'll have a Nandos!

Think the idea is just to be careful and sensible, whether cheat meal, or day.
    That seems fair. All comes down to self control I guess. I dont see a problem, but I just dont want to over do it. Thanks Dude.

Yeah will do nicklyne

Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    Thanks for the advice man. Im just trying to change the foods I enjoy. I was eating a lot of crap food just for the conviniance. Ive been enjoying fruit a lot since ive been eating it on a daily basis (especially raspberries)

I think for long term success I just need to change my lifestyle (healthier eating and consistatnt exercercise)

Thanks man

Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have one cheat day a week on friday's, I am losing weight at 2000 cals a day but I'll eat up to 3500 calories on my cheat day. I am still losing weight weekly and while it may slow down my progress a little, its totally worth it.

abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    See all above posts. You can IIFYM, and/or you can have cheat days. From OP it sounds like you think you're supposed to be having a cheat day for some dietary reason. Until you are incredibly lean (and especially if you're doing keto), there's no real reason to do it other than going absolutely insane with hunger OR it's Christmas (or some other day where you're socially expected to indulge... maybe a work party or something?)
    Former member of the > 300 lb crew
    --- 08/03/11: >310 lb
    --- 04/26/13: 14% 190 lb

--- I always rep back, although measly atm

Hmmm its confussing.

Im gonna have a good study sesh on IIFYM before I even touch something Im unsure of.

Cheers.

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Milzey1992 View Post
    Hmmm its confussing.

Im gonna have a good study sesh on IIFYM before I even touch something Im unsure of.

Cheers.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851