SamRenner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Losing body fat and gaining muscle

Hi guys,

I have been lurking for about a year now and have made great progress. I started at 6' 2" 200lbs and 25% body fat. I cut down to 10% body fat and 170lbs over the past spring.Summer and fall I have bulked now to 190lbs. My dilemma is that I have hockey and This keeps me from lifting on every day but sunday because I have games on Thursdays and Saturdays. I don't want any muscle fatigue during the games so lifting throughout the week is a no go. I was wondering if it is possible to cut 10-15lbs and down to 10% body fat, but keep the muscle I have gained. My season is over in a month so until then I can only utilize the nutritional side of this. My question is can I cut without lifting weights and keep my muscle or should I just eat at matnice until I can start lifting again? I'm 16.

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SamRenner View Post
    Hi guys,

I have been lurking for about a year now and have made great progress. I started at 6' 2" 200lbs and 25% body fat. I cut down to 10% body fat and 170lbs over the past spring.Summer and fall I have bulked now to 190lbs. My dilemma is that I have hockey and This keeps me from lifting on every day but sunday because I have games on Thursdays and Saturdays. I don't want any muscle fatigue during the games so lifting throughout the week is a no go. I was wondering if it is possible to cut 10-15lbs and down to 10% body fat, but keep the muscle I have gained. My season is over in a month so until then I can only utilize the nutritional side of this. My question is can I cut without lifting weights and keep my muscle or should I just eat at matnice until I can start lifting again? I'm 16.
    Keep eating at maintenance. If you go on a cut without lifting you will lose muscle.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As a rough rule of thumb I would say: 16 and under 20% bodyfat, eat at maintenance as you're suggesting. Gains will come and you'll get a little bit of recomp going, which is the healthiest option. Over 20%, cut, but keep the cuts short, as in a few weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=RkVVz1k_vGQ

Pro hockey players spend a lot of time strength training concurrently with practices and games. Your body adapts and is capable of more than you think if you structure your training intelligently.