MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bulk 5 more lbs?

image.jpegimage(1).jpegimage(2).jpegI'm workin towards my first contest this summer (2013), and am 5 pounds away from my bulk goal (170lbs) before cutting. I should be there by April (I hope). Should I hold out and try to go for 175?

MaiArrendersi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaiArrendersi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaiArrendersi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaiArrendersi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaiArrendersi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaiArrendersi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaiArrendersi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaiArrendersi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaiArrendersi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaiArrendersi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaiArrendersi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MDGCT View Post
    Attachment 5304723Attachment 5304733Attachment 5304743I'm workin towards my first contest this summer (2013), and am 5 pounds away from my bulk goal (170lbs) before cutting. I should be there by April (I hope). Should I hold out and try to go for 175?
    In my amateur opinion I would say go for it. You're pretty lean already so if your contest isn't until summer you should still have enough time to cut.
    avi is old. will update later.

MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MaiArrendersi View Post
    In my amateur opinion I would say go for it. You're pretty lean already so if your contest isn't until summer you should still have enough time to cut.
    What if it shortens my time to cut? Do I need 15 weeks? If I can cut it down to 10 that'd help me hit 175...

KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What if it shortens my time to cut? Do I need 15 weeks? If I can cut it down to 10 that'd help me hit 175...
    That is a question only you can truly answer. Some people have the ability to get contest ready in shorter time spans. If you feel that more time would benefit you and enable you to get truly shredded without having to rush, then I would say stop after you reach 170.

garyandjessie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Attachment 5304723Attachment 5304733Attachment 5304743I'm workin towards my first contest this summer (2013), and am 5 pounds away from my bulk goal (170lbs) before cutting. I should be there by April (I hope). Should I hold out and try to go for 175?
    Hey looking good and congrats. I will be doing my 1st show June 1st, 4 days after my 39th birthday. I have been bulking for many months now and my bulking goal was 185 by the end of this month, with 1 week left I am 189. I will be giving myself about 16-18 weeks to drop weight. Sorry to hijack but now to the point, give yourself the time you need. You know your body and what you are capable of losing and gaining. Sure gain the weight and not be able to cut for your show or don't gain the weight, be a little smaller but really shredded giving the illusion that you are larger. I agree with a previous poster however you already look pretty lean. Shoot for the 5 be happy with what you think you can add but be cognizant of your cut and how much you can drop with available time but still look good.

Originally Posted by garyandjessie View Post
    Hey looking good and congrats. I will be doing my 1st show June 1st, 4 days after my 39th birthday. I have been bulking for many months now and my bulking goal was 185 by the end of this month, with 1 week left I am 189. I will be giving myself about 16-18 weeks to drop weight. Sorry to hijack but now to the point, give yourself the time you need. You know your body and what you are capable of losing and gaining. Sure gain the weight and not be able to cut for your show or don't gain the weight, be a little smaller but really shredded giving the illusion that you are larger. I agree with a previous poster however you already look pretty lean. Shoot for the 5 be happy with what you think you can add but be cognizant of your cut and how much you can drop with available time but still look good.
    Hey dude, thanks, I really appreciate it. The unknown for me is what cutting will be like. I've got a good metabolism but NEVER have had to do a real diet or formally cut. As you can see I'm still semi-lean while doin a clean bulk. That's why I ask the question. It sounds like I may try to go for the extra 5 pounds and see how much that eats into my cutting phase. I'll likely just set a definitive end point where I'll start to cut irrespective of whether I got the extra 5 lbs or not...

Good luck with your show, man. I'm sure you'll kill it. You are beastly at 189. How much weight are you planning to cut?

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you've never dieted down for a show, give yourself MORE time than you think you need. I'd still plan on a solid 16 week diet.

Originally Posted by red_cat View Post
    If you've never dieted down for a show, give yourself MORE time than you think you need. I'd still plan on a solid 16 week diet.
    Thanks man. So you think for my first time around 12 would cut it too close? I was gonna give myself 3 months to dry out. Do you think that extra 4 weeks is crucial?

Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks man. So you think for my first time around 12 would cut it too close? I was gonna give myself 3 months to dry out. Do you think that extra 4 weeks is crucial?
    Yes, you are a lot fatter than you "think" you are...and that is not a derogatory remark against you either, it's a general statement to all bodybuilders.

Also, I hope by "dry out" you actually mean "lean out" as well.

Sporto
    Core Nutritionals Sponsored Athlete
    IFPA Professional Natural Bodybuilder
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer

Originally Posted by Sporto1633 View Post
    Yes, you are a lot fatter than you "think" you are...and that is not a derogatory remark against you either, it's a general statement to all bodybuilders.

Also, I hope by "dry out" you actually mean "lean out" as well.

Sporto
    Not derogatory at all, that's exactly the cautionary tale that I'm worried about. Realistically I think I can get another 5 pounds on by the end of April. That'll give me enough time to spend about 16 weeks cutting. Which means I'll likely have to settle with a pre-cut weight of 170.

& yeah, lean out...

Thanks man. Much appreciated.

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not derogatory at all, that's exactly the cautionary tale that I'm worried about. Realistically I think I can get another 5 pounds on by the end of April. That'll give me enough time to spend about 16 weeks cutting. Which means I'll likely have to settle with a pre-cut weight of 170.

& yeah, lean out...

Thanks man. Much appreciated.
    I think that's a much better plan. Do you have a plan on how you're going to diet down?

Originally Posted by red_cat View Post
    I think that's a much better plan. Do you have a plan on how you're going to diet down?
    I've been working with a coach, who's made a HUGE difference and I'm super happy with, he's gotten me through the bulk while staying semi-lean and getting me to weigh more than I ever have. He's gonna tackle the cut when the time arrives (albeit at least 3 months away).

chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    for what it is worth, your pics were much better than i was expecting to see... you can still "bulk" while dieting.
    CEO at BPI Sports
    InstaGram @chrismac_365

Originally Posted by chrismac365 View Post
    for what it is worth, your pics were much better than i was expecting to see... you can still "bulk" while dieting.
    Thanks, man. Much appreciated.

I'm fighting for every pound. I'm up to 3785 calories/day & imagine I'll prob tap out around 4k/day before goin into cutting.