Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered User RebellionTroops's Avatar
    RebellionTroops has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RebellionTroops has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RebellionTroops has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RebellionTroops has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RebellionTroops has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RebellionTroops has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Cool Do you think it's possible to build massive legs without squats or deadlifts?

I know... everybody is gonna shout at me. I'm really not happy about this. I had a serious injury in my lower back and I can't squat or deadlift anymore.
    I don't know If it's going to heal with time or not. I wanna compete in the future so, Will this be a problem for me?
    Do you think It's possible to build massive legs without squats and compete against others who squat?
    I'm giving it the best treatment and rest... but that issue is really concerning me.

Thanks in advance.

UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RebellionTroops View Post
    I know... everybody is gonna shout at me. I'm really not happy about this. I had a serious injury in my lower back and I can't squat or deadlift anymore.
    I don't know If it's going to heal with time or not. I wanna compete in the future so, Will this be a problem for me?
    Do you think It's possible to build massive legs without squats and compete against others who squat?
    I'm giving it the best treatment and rest... but that issue is really concerning me.

Thanks in advance.
    Hello there.
    Doesn't mean that you don't squat/deadlift means you can't have massive legs. It's like saying you can't have a big chest without doing benches.
    You can try lunges, GHR or leg presses. Whether this exercises affect your lower back, I'm not sure.

Don't think just because you can't squat/deadlift means you can't have big legs. You can, but the process will probably take a longer while.
    I can't bench (no equipment, no spotter since I train at home) but I don't complain that I can't have a big chest. I do dips and weighted push ups instead.
    Just remember to go heavy!

Good luck on your journey.

StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thanks in advance.
    Deadlifts and Squats are more than just exercises to get massive legs, but for the body overall strength/power/stability/balance
    Had you get a physiotherapy examination, the time you'll heal??
    You don't need massive legs but ones that show real cuts!
    Let me give you a bit of warning: just because you get very good at your training it should not go to your head that you are an expert.

stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Probably, but chances are it'll take you much longer.

FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    of course.. your legs will get just as big, just as fast from leg pressing and hacksquat machines
    The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's very possible to get big legs without squats or deadlifts. They're just efficient ways to do the job.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Many bodybuilders dont squat or deadlift and have massive legs. There are no exercises you need to do for bb. Most people that say you got to do squash, dl and Barbell bench are powerlifters
    Follows Chestbrah's training routine crew

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    sorry to hear about injury, be sure you are 100% healthy before training heavy again, but with that said you can make good progress using leg press etc but nothing can substitue for squats/deads

zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes you can get big legs without squats and deadlifts.. Could you get big legs faster with them? Most likely..

RebellionTroops has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RebellionTroops has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RebellionTroops has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RebellionTroops has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RebellionTroops has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RebellionTroops has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

One stupid thing and I get all of this. I'm gonna add squats and deadlifts in my routine but with really light weights. At the same time I'll keep doing the rest with proper weights. Do you think that would help? Have you had any injuries like mine? What did you do?

rpay10324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If your having back issues at 18 i would wait until you are completely healed before attempting any kind of squat or dead lifts. As other have stated you can make gains from leg presses and hack squats. Try using different foot positions to hit different spots on your quads.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Yes. No exercise is absolutely necessary.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yes you can get massive legs without squatting and deadlifts.
    OG

LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just out of curiosity, I'd love to hear how you hurt your back, and the details of the injury.
    "Nice TAPOUT shirt, you must kick so much ass."

President/CEO: The People's Coalition Against Gym Hissing
    Chairman: Advocates for the Dissolution of the Flat-Brimmed Ballcap Fad

S: 325
    B: 285
    D: 405

Originally Posted by LPAthickness View Post
    Just out of curiosity, I'd love to hear how you hurt your back, and the details of the injury.
    2 month ago we had a lot of exams and I couldn't go to the gym after school. I didn't wanna take it as an excuse to stop working out so I bought some stuff at home and began to workout early in the morning before school. It was really hard to squat cause I don't have a squat rack and I can't power clean. One day I tried to go heavier "Not so heavy, I used to do it in the gym" my form went terrible and It felt like I did something wrong. The next day I couldn't move out of the bed.
    I gave it all the rest it needed and kept working out on machines. I added squats and deadlifts again on my routine with really light weights, but every time I try to go a little heavier "Not even heavy" It hurts like a mother****er the next day. I can't tell you the details of the injury, I don't know exactly how to describe it in English.
    Did you have something similar in the past? What did you do to get over it?

Registered User akmusclehamster's Avatar
    akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100)
    Massive, more than likely not
    Big, possibly
    Maximizing potential, no
    Compound Weights, Bodyweight Exercises and Sprinting

MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    you can get big legs without deadlifting and squatting but you cant get a big d*ck without them

Registered User miamibodybuilder's Avatar
    miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    ok well i'm sure you've heard the term, squats are the king of quad exercises. and in my opinion, this is definitely the truth. although, i do believe you can build big legs without having to do squats. actually, theres an ifbb who has never done squats or doesnt do squats any more and has got huge legs. i cant think of who it is now but i'm sure of it. now obviously you're not able to squat for injury purposes and not just being a wimp about it. but definitely try to get back into squatting if and when your injury does heal, maybe do them every other week or something like that. and even then, be very careful and dont go crazy heavy on them. do them properly and they'll work just fine.
    NGA Natural bodybuilder
    AAEFX Board Rep
    Team Natural Freak

redbullem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redbullem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redbullem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redbullem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redbullem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redbullem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redbullem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redbullem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redbullem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redbullem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redbullem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hodgetwins had (not sure about these days) huge quads and they've never squatted/dealifted a day in their lives.

LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50) LPAthickness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have you seen a physician? If not, I really can't see how you'd think it's a wise idea to be training at all until you've gotten an x-ray and a diagnosis.
    "Nice TAPOUT shirt, you must kick so much ass."

President/CEO: The People's Coalition Against Gym Hissing
    Chairman: Advocates for the Dissolution of the Flat-Brimmed Ballcap Fad

S: 325
    B: 285
    D: 405

ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500)
    GHRs and DB lunges will build your legs twice as big than squats and deads without putting your lower vertebrae and disc in a compromising positioin

retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sorry to hear about your injury OP. Try single leg leg press and GHRs. Some of the bigger dudes I see at my gym just leg press all day...

akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by ThailandBrah View Post
    GHRs and DB lunges will build your legs twice as big than squats and deads
    anyone else pick up on this??? lol

ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by akmusclehamster View Post
    anyone else pick up on this??? lol
    wat r u fking dumb brah,

GHR is more powerful than 405lb SLDLs, and lunges keep the TUT for way wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy longer than squats or deads will EVER PERIOD.

That and you don't risk injury.

wat r u fking dumb brah,

GHR is more powerful than 405lb SLDLs, and lunges keep the TUT for way wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy longer than squats or deads will EVER PERIOD.

That and you don't risk injury.

every exercise you risk injury, its just how you perform it. if youre not a derpass squats and deadlifts shouldnt cause too much of a problem.

if thats you in your avi, thats all i need to know about you to disregard your opinion lol

btw you're not 9% with that potbelly there

Originally Posted by akmusclehamster View Post
    every exercise you risk injury, its just how you perform it. if youre not a derpass squats and deadlifts shouldnt cause too much of a problem.

if thats you in your avi, thats all i need to know about you to disregard your opinion lol

btw you're not 9% with that potbelly there
    Its called carbing up on 10 000g of carbs u ****g0t. come @ me when you can actually beat me in anything let alone an eating contest. You think I would have that kind of separation in my chest without a full 6 pack. plz go.

And for the record you twisted sick delusional individual. Extending @ the back and having it take most of the brunt of holding 300+ lbs on your shoulders while u squat, or dead WILL cause an injury. its never EVER a case of if. just WHEN. I have yet to meet a single person that didn't end up with some sort of back pain from squats or deads. and those who havnt typically just started doing them, or only ever go very light.

Speaking of avis, sick one ****g0t. Glad your already red, but I got some bad newz for u bro, im about to neg you back into the stoneage.

Also I forgot to mention have ****ing LOL pathetic it is to watch ppl load up 315lbs on squats, **** their backs up, knees up, let alone most only getting 1/2 ROM. When these people cant even do a SINGLE, yes a measely SINGLE REP for a bodyweight pistol squat. Let alone have the balance to attempt half a rep without falling over. Only to see those same people come on here and be like no man u have to bench squat and dead heavy its the only way to grow.

Get your priorities straight.

retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000)
    And for the record you twisted sick delusional individual. Extending @ the back and having it take most of the brunt of holding 300+ lbs on your shoulders while u squat, or dead WILL cause an injury. its never EVER a case of if. just WHEN. I have yet to meet a single person that didn't end up with some sort of back pain from squats or deads. and those who havnt typically just started doing them, or only ever go very light.
    I know a couple people who've had past lower back injuries incorporate deadlifts into their routines with zero issues. Form is everything. I'd say it's more likely to injure your back lifting a 50 lb box the wrong way than deadlifting 300+ lbs the right way.

jayfirered4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayfirered4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayfirered4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayfirered4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayfirered4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayfirered4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayfirered4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayfirered4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayfirered4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayfirered4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayfirered4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yeah it is possible, just look at the hodgetwins on youtube or twinmuscleworkout. They dont squat because they say thay have bad lower backs. I think when they bench there back is flat on the bench too im not too sure but i remember watching a video when they said when they arch it, it gives them slight pain but dont quote me on that
    Last edited by jayfirered4; 01-21-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Its called carbing up on 10 000g of carbs u ****g0t. come @ me when you can actually beat me in anything let alone an eating contest. You think I would have that kind of separation in my chest without a full 6 pack. plz go.

And for the record you twisted sick delusional individual. Extending @ the back and having it take most of the brunt of holding 300+ lbs on your shoulders while u squat, or dead WILL cause an injury. its never EVER a case of if. just WHEN. I have yet to meet a single person that didn't end up with some sort of back pain from squats or deads.
    Eating 10kg of carbs isn't carb loading, it's just being a fat ass. Also, you haven't met very good lifters if all of the ones you know can't squat/deadlift w/o pain in their back. I have never had issues with my back from lifting, and I squat and deadlift heavy on a weekly basis.

rmwing will become famous soon enough. (+50) rmwing will become famous soon enough. (+50) rmwing will become famous soon enough. (+50) rmwing will become famous soon enough. (+50) rmwing will become famous soon enough. (+50) rmwing will become famous soon enough. (+50) rmwing will become famous soon enough. (+50) rmwing will become famous soon enough. (+50) rmwing will become famous soon enough. (+50) rmwing will become famous soon enough. (+50) rmwing will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    Eating 10kg of carbs isn't carb loading, it's just being a fat ass. Also, you haven't met very good lifters if all of the ones you know can't squat/deadlift w/o pain in their back. I have never had issues with my back from lifting, and I squat and deadlift heavy on a weekly basis.
    Stop feeing the Troll brah
    - Gym over everything Beta Crew
    - Hungry even when Bulking Crew
    - Glorious God Gamer
    - Would rather risk fatherfood then wear protection Crew