Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Question NEED ADVICE (pull the trigger on this?), reps and everyone welcome.

Hey all,

I currently have a cart filled in the bb.com store, but I'm hesitating on whether to pull the trigger on it.

So here's the deal, I'm about 150, 5'10"-11" and getting ready to go on a bulk before I enter the 12 week challenge (probably on the 27th, my 20th birthday!). So here it is (I have some remaining ON 100% btw for the majority of my whey, I do already have fish oil, creatine, and a multi so please just comment on the stack listed [or if you would suggest alternates, don't think some of these are worth it, etc.]).

*note- like is bolded above, I am not a beginner I do already have the "basics," I'm more wondering whether or not you all think casein and bcaas are a good deal (which it looks like most people aren't saying), which of the post-wo's is the best deal, and if anyone has tried or would recommend glycobol and glycergrow.

Casein- Inner Armour Casein; 2 lbs (26 servings) = $26.99 <- to take late night with pb for a late night snack, the main reason I chose IA is because their buy a product get 1 lb of nitro peak free

Stim-free pre (I'm very stim sensitive- I cut soda and energy drinks out of my life like a year ago and don't drink coffee, not a stim junkie)- Magnum Opus; 48 servings = $34.95 <- looked like a profile, and bb.com has a buy one get one deal so 98 servings for $35 seemed liked a fantastic deal

BCAA- AI Sports Recoverpro; 125 servings = $48.99 <- has a good leucine heavy profile, and 125 4g leucine servings for $48 also seemed like a good deal

Creatine- Dymatize Creatine; 220 servings = $18.98 <- not picky about creatine, just best servings/cost ratio I found

Gainer/Post-wo shake- Inner Armour Mass Peak; 8.8 lbs (23 servings) = $44.48 <- now about gainers normally I make my own, but it takes me like 10-20 mins I would like to try a gainer that is already pre-made and that I just have to add water and go; I'm between Mass Peak and ON Serious Mass (16 servings/$44.49) again same as the casein IA's nitro peak throw in is why I have the IA in there now (which would give me 2 free lbs of whey)

* Universal Torrent; 6.1 lbs (28 servings) = $57.98 <- now I'm either going to get Torrent or one of the two above ^ gainers, if I get Torrent I won't get creatine when I run out; and it has great 8 grams of leucine and other goodies too, but I'm torn between it and Mass Peak and Serious Mass (since I do need the calories).

Pump- CL Glycergrow; 120 servings = $31.43 <- now I'm torn here, I've heard great things about this product it's a great price I just don't know if I need it now. I mean I LOVE PUMPS, LOVE THEM and have heard that this product gives you killer pumps which can help with post-workout nutrient absorption, I'm just not sure

Glycogen retention/partitioning- AI Sports Glycobol; 30 servings = $39.99 <- another one I'm torn on, I am going to be bulking and I have heard more fantastic things about this in regards to helping one bulk, but again I'm not sure about it. I have also heard good things about CL Black Hole (30 servings = $29.99) but I'm fairly certain that just works as an appetite enhancer (which glycobol does) without all the extra benefits of glycobol.

Total: $256.79 for what is listed ($250.31 with Torrent instead of MP; $258.31 with Serious Mass)
    Duration: Creatine (if I didn't get torrent) would last 6+ months, Pre, BCAAs, and GG would last 3+ months, Proteins and glycobol would last 1 month

So as you can see I'm pretty torn about some of the things, I'm pretty sold on the IA Casein (I wouldn't mind getting Dymatize but IA has that killer deal now for same price), the Magnum Opus (98 servings for that price fantastic, and great profile for a stimfree- IMO a lot of companies fill their pres with caffeine and stims in way higher doses than their quality ingredients), and the Recoverpro (again great serving/cost ratio).

My main conflicts are about which post workout (Mass Peak, Serious Mass, or Torrent) to get and if I should get Glycergrow and Glycobol. And if I get torrent I would not get additional creatine (as the Torrent as 3 grams of creatine and uptake helping ingredients so no need).

Any advice, suggestions, recommendations, go-aheads, negs, rep pimping, product offers ;p lol, etc. are welcome. I have two weeks before I will be using this stack so I have time, I'm just usually an indecisive person so I wanted to see if anybody here had anything to offer about this.
    Last edited by RebelPoet; 01-20-2013 at 11:40 AM.
    "The beast's eyes show panic, he had thought he was an immovable object; but the man in black was an unstoppable force. This result had been cemented from the beginning: inertia is a law of physics."

Reviews and Logs (collected): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151724393&p=1022624293#post1022624293

Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you get bcaa's don't get torrent. nix casein for a decent whey or blend. if you must get a gainer look into real gains by universal.

Plammi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plammi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plammi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plammi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plammi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plammi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Holy Hannah that's a lot of stuff! Are you planning on taking all these for the same cycle? I've heard some very good things about Inner Armour stuff.
    Go "Like" the "Preworkouts" page on ********!! --> ********.com/Preworkouts

--> ********.com/Preworkouts

Coupons here --> http://workoutsupplementsinfo.wordpress.com

RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Plammi1 View Post
    Holy Hannah that's a lot of stuff! Are you planning on taking all these for the same cycle? I've heard some very good things about Inner Armour stuff.
    I was planning on taking them all, none of them really need to be cycled, so it would be you know take them till they run out, replace them, etc. And I have too, they also have that great deal where you buy any IA product get 1lb Nitro Peak for free which is why I was planning on getting the IA casein instead of Dymatize and leaning towards IA Mass Peak, because that way I would get 2 free lbs of whey (which would be a month's worth)!
    "The beast's eyes show panic, he had thought he was an immovable object; but the man in black was an unstoppable force. This result had been cemented from the beginning: inertia is a law of physics."

Reviews and Logs (collected): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151724393&p=1022624293#post1022624293

KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Don't forget to use a coupon code, i think cardio10 is still working. Should save you 10%!

Plammi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plammi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plammi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plammi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plammi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plammi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice!! I'd say go for it especially if you can get a discount. If $256 is about your total I think you should be able to save $15 with this link on the site I put in my signiature. Hopefully KGD54's code works cuz it would help you save more but either way I think you'll be able to get a discount!

Originally Posted by Swamp Dog View Post
    If you get bcaa's don't get torrent. nix casein for a decent whey or blend. if you must get a gainer look into real gains by universal.
    Well, I have whey and it's great but mostly for post-workout I was looking to get casein for a late-night shake type deal. I would nix the creatine if I got torrent, but Torrent only has leucine, it has no other bcaas in it, so I don't think I would nix them especially with how good of a cost/serving deal they are. And Real Gains is a good gainer and I have considered it, but Mass Peak has more carbs and healthy fats than Real Gains and Mass Peak has a greater percentage whey isolates and casein isolates than Real Gains.

The other gainers I looked at besides MP, Serious Mass, and Real Gains were Dymatize Super Mass Gainer (which has 1300 cals, but is like 40. for only 20 servings) and TSN 1400 calorie gainer (which has 1400 cals, but is $50. for only 13 servings).

Originally Posted by KGD54 View Post
    Don't forget to use a coupon code, i think cardio10 is still working. Should save you 10%!
    Nice!! I'd say go for it especially if you can get a discount. If $256 is about your total I think you should be able to save $15 with this link on the site I put in my signiature. Hopefully KGD54's code works cuz it would help you save more but either way I think you'll be able to get a discount!
    Cool, let me see if I can try either of those out. So what do you guys think of the MP, GG, and Glycobol?

Originally Posted by KGD54 View Post
    No, cardio10 doesn't work anymore I just tried it =(

ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Smithpress10
    Welcome10
    Loyalty10
    Barbellrow10

Originally Posted by ap28allday View Post
    Smithpress10
    Welcome10
    Loyalty10
    Barbellrow10
    Where do you find these? lol I can't find them anywhere

Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RebelPoet View Post
    Well, I have whey and it's great but mostly for post-workout I was looking to get casein for a late-night shake type deal. I would nix the creatine if I got torrent, but Torrent only has leucine, it has no other bcaas in it, so I don't think I would nix them especially with how good of a cost/serving deal they are. And Real Gains is a good gainer and I have considered it, but Mass Peak has more carbs and healthy fats than Real Gains and Mass Peak has a greater percentage whey isolates and casein isolates than Real Gains.

The other gainers I looked at besides MP, Serious Mass, and Real Gains were Dymatize Super Mass Gainer (which has 1300 cals, but is like 40. for only 20 servings) and TSN 1400 calorie gainer (which has 1400 cals, but is $50. for only 13 servings).
    I would simplify the order if I were you, but you've put enough thought into it, go with my blessing.

Thank you, the code does work but my subtotal isn't high enough they are all like 250+ with shipping the first cart is actually 245 subtotal lol

Where do you find these? lol I can't find them anywhere
    Second that, lol, let me try them. What is the discount they are supposed to give? $10 off?

Thank you, the code does work but my subtotal isn't high enough they are all like 250+ with shipping the first cart is actually 245 subtotal lol
    Dang! lol that's where they get ya

Add Orange Triad.

Second that, lol, let me try them. What is the discount they are supposed to give? $10 off?
    Oh dang man, they are 10% off holy crap you are a wizard!

Dang! lol that's where they get ya
    Add Orange Triad.
    App28's codes are all for 10% off with no minimum limit!

I would simplify the order if I were you, but you've put enough thought into it, go with my blessing.
    I'm thinking that too, not sure though. I mean I'm sold on the Opus, Casein, and RecoverPro (the deals and I need casein, bcaas, don't need a pre but it has a great profile and bogo); I need a post-wo too. I'm just not sure about the glycobol and the glycergrow; and if I got torrent I wouldn't get creatine.

I'm thinking that too, not sure though. I mean I'm sold on the Opus, Casein, and RecoverPro (the deals and I need casein, bcaas, don't need a pre but it has a great profile and bogo); I need a post-wo too. I'm just not sure about the glycobol and the glycergrow; and if I got torrent I wouldn't get creatine.
    A) you don't need casein, 2) you don't need a post, and lastly you don't need bcaa's.
    I'm not here to argue, go on with your bad self.

A) you don't need casein, 2) you don't need a post, and lastly you don't need bcaa's.
    I'm not here to argue, go on with your bad self.
    I can understand why some might say A) and C) but why B? Of course you need something post, to prevent catabolism, don't you drink a pwo shake?

ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I can understand why some might say A) and C) but why B? Of course you need something post, to prevent catabolism, don't you drink a pwo shake?
    I agree w/swamp dog, you do not need casein or bcaa

I take my shake post workout but a lot of people just try and hit their daily protein macro regardless of timing.

U should buy a blend instead of casein, that stuffs a waste of money imo

Catabolism is not as instantaneous as you may think. You can have a shake or you can eat a balanced meal. It does not have to take place within moments of your last set. Post workout nutrition is even less a factor if you've eaten within a few hours before your workout. I do whatever I feel like. Shakes don't rule me, I rule them.

obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I take my shake post workout but a lot of people just try and hit their daily protein macro regardless of timing.

Pretty much that.

Add in a multi and or fish oil. If you really don't care about the brand of your creatine mono then you can go w/ the bb.com brand for cheaper. You can pick up Glycergrow cheaper elsewhere or simply just find a non-stim pwo that has Glycocarn or citrulline malate. I've been bulking for 6 months and didn't need an appetite enhancer. Food channel works for me If you find yourself not hungry but need in the necessary calories, then pick up the gainer.

reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bcaas are not worth it on a bulk. A complete waste of money for your goals

I wouldn't consider glycobol either. Id worry more about digestive aids such as probiotics and digestive enzymes

Sans Mass Effect has a great profile for a mass gainer......id consider it

Yeah, and most of the gainers are blends so you would recommend just getting more of a gainer I suppose? And even if with free 1 lb whey or would you recommend doing the 1 lb of whey bogo deal? And how about for cooking? I know that some people like to use casein for cooking more than whey because of it's consistency when mixed. And for late-night to prevent in sleep catabolisis?

Catabolism is not as instantaneous as you may think. You can have a shake or you can eat a balanced meal. It does not have to take place within moments of your last set. Post workout nutrition is even less a factor if you've eaten within a few hours before your workout. I do whatever I feel like. Shakes don't rule me, I rule them.
    Yeah, I know you have like the "golden hour" to eat or shake up. I understand, I guess my bigger question is what about for late-night since whey is quicker absorbing than casein so it isn't as effective for preventing catabolism during the night.

Originally Posted by reverse79 View Post
    Bcaas are not worth it on a bulk. A complete waste of money for your goals

I wouldn't consider glycobol either. Id worry more about digestive aids such as probiotics and digestive enzymes

Sans Mass Effect has a great profile for a mass gainer......id consider it
    Yeah? Do you feel they are better for cuts rather than bulks? What about as not really an intra-supp but rather like something to sip on all day sort of thing? And I saw Mass Effect's profile it just wasn't as cost effective as MP, Serious Mass, or Super Mass Gainer.

kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    lol "to prevent catabolism"

dude seriously...?

you just need a well rounded diet..good sleep and lift heavy weights like a mad animal..maybe a multi,whey,fish oil....if you fancy some xtra energy then get a pre workout if you want...stop breaking your bank and going crazy....the sht isnt that serious...youv'e read one too many bodybuilding magazines.

but hey no hate here do your thing man....just sayin.
    MY SIG CAN BE A NOVEL.

i <3 iceman1800

on the real though USMC and proud of it HOORAH.

Originally Posted by obey46 View Post
    Pretty much that.

Add in a multi and or fish oil. If you really don't care about the brand of your creatine mono then you can go w/ the bb.com brand for cheaper. You can pick up Glycergrow cheaper elsewhere or simply just find a non-stim pwo that has Glycocarn or citrulline malate. I've been bulking for 6 months and didn't need an appetite enhancer. Food channel works for me If you find yourself not hungry but need in the necessary calories, then pick up the gainer.
    I already have a multi and fish oil, lol, OP. And yeah, unfortunately it's on backorder =/ and it's only like $3 than the dymatize. The Magnum Opus (which was the non-stim pwo that was bogo 98 servings for $35: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ma...cals/opus.html) has CM (I'm not sold on GG, so that's one of the things I'm, not sure of getting). And yeah, that's why I wasn't going to go with black hole and am torn on glycobol. It's supposed to help in glycogen deposition (into lbm stores), kind of like a carb blocker (you eat it before a carb heavy meal) that diverts the carbs into muscle stores rather than converting it to fat if that explanation makes any sense. And I plan on getting a gainer (or torrent) and am just torn on which one.
    Last edited by RebelPoet; 01-19-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Originally Posted by kingarnold187 View Post
    lol "to prevent catabolism"

dude seriously...?

you just need a well rounded diet..good sleep and lift heavy weights like a mad animal..maybe a multi,whey,fish oil....if you fancy some xtra energy then get a pre workout if you want...stop breaking your bank and going crazy....the sht isnt that serious...youv'e read one too many bodybuilding magazines.

but hey no hate here do your thing man....just sayin.
    Well, no, OP says I already have good whey, multi, and fish oil. And yeah I suppose, but about the catabolism comment the bb community seems pretty divided on the issue of meal timing, specifically on whether or not the body goes catabolic over the night. I personally subscribe to the idea of the importance of post-workout protein and of early morning/late night protein to help promote an anabolic state all day. I mean your body will go into catabolisis if not fed, I just am not sure how some argue that meal timing isn't important (I've seen some people say that as long as you eat all your protein macros, it doesn't matter, like you could eat all your protein in the morning and no more protein all day) and then say pwo shakes are incredibly important that seems contradictory. So, like I said, I have come to understand that meal timing is important (to the degree of eating at least every 2-3 hours, after workouts, and before bed).

And I understand you don't mean any ill will, but I think that stack has some good base supps with good profiles (casein, bcaa, gainer) if it is a little expensive to get all at once (which is why I haven't pulled the trigger yet). You don't agree?
    Last edited by RebelPoet; 01-19-2013 at 09:48 PM.