Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
    You don't need to lose any weight, you just need to get strong.
    275lbs at 5'7"? Even for a powerlifter that's unhealthy

takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Bruce44 View Post
    Haha sorry I was going off of doctors BMI chart. At 5'7 I'm supposed to be 140lbs. I gave him an extra 20lbs for muscle. But then again those BMI charts are so inaccurate. It's good to hear that I'm not too far off from being at ideal powerlifting weight though.
    The BMI chart isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Anyone who puts any stock in those whatsoever has no business giving anyone advice related to the human body.

275lbs at 5'7"? Even for a powerlifter that's unhealthy
    Please state your proof. With peer-reviewed references. Not "weight correlates with condition X or Y", but "being weight X is unhealthy."

Correlation is a fun and funny thing. http://filipspagnoli.wordpress.com/2...nd-statistics/

Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bruce44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am not sure what you mean by proof. I am obese at 35% bodyfat. Its common knowledge that obesity leads to other problems. It's not the weight that's the problem but the amount of fat I carry around. My blood tests have shown signs of fatty liver and high cholesterol.
    Ok let me restate what I wrote. At my current state 5'7" 275lbs with 35% bodyfat I am considered unhealthy even for powerlifting standards.
    My training partners call me buddha because when I take breaks I sit on the floor cross legged. That and I am also asian.

takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am not sure what you mean by proof. I am obese at 35% bodyfat. Its common knowledge that obesity leads to other problems.
    You were DEXA'd when, exactly?

You may be obese. But basing your BF% and any statement whatsoever about your health on a chart developed in the 1800s (ever seen civil war uniforms? Those ****ers were SMALL!) by a government functionary as a quick hack to give an overall assessment of the health of a POPULATION (notice the word I used is specifically NOT "individual") so they could finish a report is, in two words, ****ing moronic.

Taking advice from medical "professionals" who also think the BMI chart is of any use whatsoever is also ****ing moronic.

If I was my "ideal" weight according to BMI, I'd have to lose at least 40 lbs of organ mass, muscle, and bone. So the BMI and anyone who thinks it has any purpose in any conversation whatsoever as anything other than an object of scorn and ridicule can **** right off.

And yes, it does piss me off. Because drooling idiocy like this is how we end up with life insurance rates being based on BMI. And health insurance refusing to cover things, or people, because we're "overweight". Yes, I am overweight. I'm overweight compared to the bench-only-with-knees-in-air-and-feet-crossed, latte-sipping, skinny-jeans-wearing, 150lb women who walk around with something that's supposed to be a functioning pair of testicles between their legs, and only then because a bunch of people got it in their heads that that is supposed to be normal and healthy for an adult male.

Those people can go **** themselves.

If any of this was at all unclear, I'll be happy to restate it using smaller words and more invective.

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My only goal in life is to come up as a Class III Obese on the BMI scale. I'm only at Class I
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

Originally Posted by takeittakeit View Post
    You were DEXA'd when, exactly?

You may be obese. But basing your BF% and any statement whatsoever about your health on a chart developed in the 1800s (ever seen civil war uniforms? Those ****ers were SMALL!) by a government functionary as a quick hack to give an overall assessment of the health of a POPULATION (notice the word I used is specifically NOT "individual") so they could finish a report is, in two words, ****ing moronic.

Taking advice from medical "professionals" who also think the BMI chart is of any use whatsoever is also ****ing moronic.

If I was my "ideal" weight according to BMI, I'd have to lose at least 40 lbs of organ mass, muscle, and bone. So the BMI and anyone who thinks it has any purpose in any conversation whatsoever as anything other than an object of scorn and ridicule can **** right off.

And yes, it does piss me off. Because drooling idiocy like this is how we end up with life insurance rates being based on BMI. And health insurance refusing to cover things, or people, because we're "overweight". Yes, I am overweight. I'm overweight compared to the bench-only-with-knees-in-air-and-feet-crossed, latte-sipping, skinny-jeans-wearing, 150lb women who walk around with something that's supposed to be a functioning pair of testicles between their legs, and only then because a bunch of people got it in their heads that that is supposed to be normal and healthy for an adult male.

Those people can go **** themselves.

If any of this was at all unclear, I'll be happy to restate it using smaller words and more invective.
    You sir should speak to my family doctor. That dbag makes me feel bad about my weight every time I visit even for non weight related visits. That was very informative indeed. I should print your post out and read it next time I go haha.

InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    http://www.aicr.org/reduce-your-canc...Fad_QgodKgIAPw

Your Body Mass Index Is:
    Obese

Who's more obese then me up in this bytch?
    My Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149612633

Crew Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157295413&p=1141543273#post1141543273

Da Utubez: http://www.youtube.com/user/Inspeckdadeck

You sir should speak to my family doctor. That dbag makes me feel bad about my weight every time I visit even for non weight related visits. That was very informative indeed. I should print your post out and read it next time I go haha.
    The fact that you'd go back to that quack says you've still got some learning to do.

Doctors are not gods. Most of them aren't even particularly bright. Managing to get through medical school is no indication whatsoever of skill, ability, knowledge, or intelligence. People who take every word that comes out of a doctor's mouth as gospel ...well, they deserve what they wind up with.

Doctors are service providers, no different from auto mechanics. And if I took my car to the auto mechanic and he measured and weighed my car and compared it to a chart drawn up for horse-and-buggy service based on horse size and then declared I was at risk of a gasket blowing, I'd go find another mechanic.

Originally Posted by InspecktaDeck View Post

Your Body Mass Index Is:
    Obese

I am apparently I'm 43.1.

Your Body Mass Index Is:
    Obese

Me. 36.8. But isaku'll have me beat in a few weeks.

Look, Bruce44: You may in fact be obese. You may even be at risk for certain diseases. Those two statements have nothing whatsoever to do with a magic chart that uses height and weight as a determiner. If you want to say you're "obese", fine. I'd prefer to have an actual BF% measurement by a reliable method, such as DEXA. And I'd prefer any statements regarding my health to be supported by bloodwork, genetic sequencing, symptomology, and related labwork. You can't just look at a person and weigh them and claim, "yeah, you're gonna get high blood pressure!" or any other similar nonsense. I have doctors do that all the time, in both directions. They either look at my weight (and not my body) and make that statement, or they look at my BP, and then my weight, and blame it. They ignore the fact that there are genetic markers that are hereditary that predispose people to higher-than-"healthy" BP, without actually indicating any particular risk, regardless of weight.

And stop and think for a minute: all these "normal" and "healthy" ranges they use for people...they're based on the average person. Sometimes not even adjusted for age or gender. Since when is anything related to this sport "average"?

Even having said that, my bloodwork consistently shocks doctors because it's so GOOD. They can't wrap their heads around what they were taught -- heavy and big is bad, regardless of body composition -- and what their own tests show them. Every time. ****ing morons.
    Last edited by takeittakeit; 01-19-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Originally Posted by takeittakeit View Post
    The fact that you'd go back to that quack says you've still got some learning to do.
    It's pretty hard to find a doctor where I live. Everyone in Canada can afford to pay their healthcare so changing doctors could take months as they are always full with patients. All I do now is go there for prescriptions.

InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damn, stiff competition in here. I have the edge tho, Im short as hell. Wait till Im in the 242 weight class, then Ill be the lord of the BMI's hahahaha HA HAHAHA
    My Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149612633

Crew Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157295413&p=1141543273#post1141543273

Da Utubez: http://www.youtube.com/user/Inspeckdadeck

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Even if we were to suggest that BMI is an accurate depiction of an individuals health, there is this disclaimer under most BMI calculators that says something to the extent of,
    "BMI is meant to be used as a simple means of classifying sedentary (physically inactive) individuals, or rather, populations, with an average body composition."

So that right there throws out any powerlifter, bodybuilder, athlete, or anyone else that doesn't have an "average body composition". So, once again, useless for anyone in this section of bb.com forums.

Your Body Mass Index Is:
    Obese

Fawking manlet, I'm only at 32.3.
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    33 even (230 @ 5'10")
    Celer, Silens, Mortalis - - - - - Meet Lifts: 584/385/600 @ 229 - - - - - Gym Lifts: 600/405/605

[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #43 []---[]

NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Unfocus View Post
    This OP, its probably your form and diet, last time I saw you posting was a long time ago, and you barely gained any weight 5lbs in 5 months?
    That is because I was injured from November - December lol. My form is good as I posted it before in the form check thread. I will admit I have been eating like a little bish because I fear fat gains, but I assumed strength gains were more CNS than muscles.
    hacked brah

NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ^can anyone confirm this? Does being fat really correlate to how much you lift??
    hacked brah

simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP, there are dogs that weigh more than you. If that doesn't bother you then I think you need to go to the teen BB section.

Originally Posted by NoNeedlesGuy View Post
    That is because I was injured from November - December lol. My form is good as I posted it before in the form check thread. I will admit I have been eating like a little bish because I fear fat gains, but I assumed strength gains were more CNS than muscles.
    Eat like a bish lift like a bish.

^can anyone confirm this? Does being fat really correlate to how much you lift??
    It typically does for squat and bench, but it can negatively impact deadlifts due to bad mobility effecting your setup.
    Total's = Jan. 2012 - 1036 @ 198's
    Jan. 2013 - 1184 @ 220's
    Jul. 2013 - 1251 @ 220's
    Jan. 2014 - 1355 @ 242's

You don't get it do you: The BMI has **** all to do with whether or not someone is fat.

Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm 150lbs and lift decently. So no.
    Follow my Workout log-http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156251783
    -----------
    Teen BB Big 3 PL Champ
    |5'4"|160lbs|12%BF|18 years|
    BB Full Squat 1rm: 425lbs
    BB Deadlift 1rm: 475lbs
    Bench Press 1rm: 275lbs
    ★★★TBB FB Chat Crew★★★