Un-Aesthetic Diabetic wereireland's Avatar
    wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

A lot of pain in the middle of my back after pull ups.

So i was doing my workout yesterday. A few days ago i pulled a muscle somewhere in my lower back. I pulled a muscle in the same place before so i wasnt too worried about it. I was just giving it some rest and not doing any exercises which would put a load on it. I decide to do pullups and i pull up as far as i could to try to activate my back more. After the set i sat down and rested for two minutes. When i got back up i was walking over to the pull up bar and i was moving around to get warmed up. One of the thing i done was wave my arms behind me and but my back into thoracic extension. Like this except standing up

When i did this i i felt a shooting pain go straight across the middle of my back. Straight away after getting this pain, my abs pushed out and i took a breath like before i would squat and i breathed out hard. This never happens when i am in pain, and is why i am concerned. I have had pulled muscles before but they feel nothing like this. Also in bed it hurt to lay on my side and the pain seemed to be mostly around my spine, about the same height as the bottem of my shoulder blades.
    ***Irish Misc Crew***
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150792433

UMF crew

Wetbreast gonna make it crew

wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    bump
    ***Irish Misc Crew***

UMF crew

Location: Portsmouth/London, Hampshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    To be honest with you mate, the best advice you're likley to get online about health related issues, (especially when it comes to weights and excercising) is to rest it properly for an appropriate amount of time, say 5-7 days. If you see no improovement in the pain you need to see a doctor about it.

I understand this is probably incredibly painful and makes even lying in bed uncomfortable for you but if you'd REALLY screwed your spinal cord you would be paralyzed most likley so don't panic or get yourself too overly concerned just yet. Take it as easy as possible for a good few days, if the pain doesn't subside go see a doctor. Try not to be dosed up on painkillers all day though as it will make it hard to judge if the pain is easing.

In the worst case scenario which is that the pain is so terrible you're completley bed ridden and unable to do simple things like walk or scratch your butt then you need to go and see a doctor sooner rather than later to be safe, your back is definitley not to be taken lightly.

All the best and good luck buddy,
    When the Eagles are silent, the Parrots will jabber.

Originally Posted by Broskis View Post
    To be honest with you mate, the best advice you're likley to get online about health related issues, (especially when it comes to weights and excercising) is to rest it properly for an appropriate amount of time, say 5-7 days. If you see no improovement in the pain you need to see a doctor about it.

I understand this is probably incredibly painful and makes even lying in bed uncomfortable for you but if you'd REALLY screwed your spinal cord you would be paralyzed most likley so don't panic or get yourself too overly concerned just yet. Take it as easy as possible for a good few days, if the pain doesn't subside go see a doctor. Try not to be dosed up on painkillers all day though as it will make it hard to judge if the pain is easing.

In the worst case scenario which is that the pain is so terrible you're completley bed ridden and unable to do simple things like walk or scratch your butt then you need to go and see a doctor sooner rather than later to be safe, your back is definitley not to be taken lightly.

All the best and good luck buddy,
    Thanks brah, i was looking into it more and i think it could be a pinched nerve? I have never had one before but i feel like i am being stabbed in the back when the pain comes. Does this sound right?

I will ice it for the next few days and see if it helps.
    ***Irish Misc Crew***

UMF crew

Location: Portsmouth/London, Hampshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by wereireland View Post
    Thanks brah, i was looking into it more and i think it could be a pinched nerve? I have never had one before but i feel like i am being stabbed in the back when the pain comes. Does this sound right?

I will ice it for the next few days and see if it helps.

I don't know man I'm really not in a position to help you with that I'm afraid I've never suffered a pinched nerve before, sorry.
    When the Eagles are silent, the Parrots will jabber.

SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by wereireland View Post
    So i was doing my workout yesterday. A few days ago i pulled a muscle somewhere in my lower back. I pulled a muscle in the same place before so i wasnt too worried about it. I was just giving it some rest and not doing any exercises which would put a load on it. I decide to do pullups and i pull up as far as i could to try to activate my back more. After the set i sat down and rested for two minutes. When i got back up i was walking over to the pull up bar and i was moving around to get warmed up. One of the thing i done was wave my arms behind me and but my back into thoracic extension. Like this except standing up

When i did this i i felt a shooting pain go straight across the middle of my back. Straight away after getting this pain, my abs pushed out and i took a breath like before i would squat and i breathed out hard. This never happens when i am in pain, and is why i am concerned. I have had pulled muscles before but they feel nothing like this. Also in bed it hurt to lay on my side and the pain seemed to be mostly around my spine, about the same height as the bottem of my shoulder blades.

Instead of asking for an advice online go see a doctor for your own good, dont let things get out of hand. stay safe brah.
    MUST READ about back development : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151735043

MUST READ about shoulders development : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151861353