Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    SpartanA300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Could be overtraining

Ive had this problem as well, it could be overtraining.

BarefitContessa is a name known to all. (+5000) BarefitContessa is a name known to all. (+5000) BarefitContessa is a name known to all. (+5000) BarefitContessa is a name known to all. (+5000) BarefitContessa is a name known to all. (+5000) BarefitContessa is a name known to all. (+5000) BarefitContessa is a name known to all. (+5000) BarefitContessa is a name known to all. (+5000) BarefitContessa is a name known to all. (+5000) BarefitContessa is a name known to all. (+5000) BarefitContessa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In for this thread even though I'm two years late.
    Would just like to say that depression is a legitimate disease. Don't ever let anyone undermine your illness. I am here to talk if anyone ever needs it.
    6/14/16 Necon was right about something.

Anorexia Recovery/Bulking Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169903323&page=1

Instagram: TheBarefitContessa
    Xbox Live Gamertag: CarolineJS21

Jroost5o Jroost5o Jroost5o Jroost5o Jroost5o Jroost5o Jroost5o Jroost5o Jroost5o Jroost5o Jroost5o
    Originally Posted by neverquit2012 View Post
    I began struggling with depression back when I was 13 years old. I'm 17 now, and it's worse than ever. I'm not usually the type to go seeking help on the internet, but I've gotten to the point where i'll do anything. Other than my gf recently leaving me, I haven't had really any extremely hard things happen to me in my lifetime. I've got a good life, good family, money, great education, potential, friends, etc... Life just constantly feels meaningless though. I know it's stupid and irrational, but I constantly struggle with bitterness, anger, and depression and I'm not even sure why. I used to be a fairly talkative, funny guy, but I barely even talk anymore. I'm very monotone, stone faced, and robotic. I feel apathetic and don't really care about anything. I used to like being around people, but I hate it now and prefer being alone. The only thing that give me any happiness or relief anymore is weightlifting. I've begun training 6 days a week, 3 hours a day just to get relief. I know my problem probably sounds irrational and retarded, but I need some help/advice. After almost 5 years of feeling hopeless and angry, i'll do just about anything. Have any of you guys ever struggle with this and overcome it? Do you have any tips or advice?
    Been struggling with it for 2 years now and its tough but you gotta try and find where the grass is green and look on the brighter side of things. Usually there isn't any type of brightness but you learn to cope as time goes by. I have severe anxiety in the mix as well which really kicks my ass. I feel like I'm crazy 90 percent of the time.

diehunnen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) diehunnen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) diehunnen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) diehunnen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) diehunnen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yep

CreepyGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CreepyGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CreepyGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CreepyGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CreepyGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CreepyGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CreepyGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CreepyGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CreepyGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CreepyGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    try nofap *******s

try it for 2+ weeks

try it

Indigoroses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a teen who has had depression since I was 12/13.
    I'm trying to avoid using food as a comfort and replace it with exercise
    I like green tea and chocolate :3

Tylerallen81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know what you mean man I'm 19 now and was diagnosed with depression at the age of 12. My diagnoses was due to a chemical imbalance in my brain, in other words low serotonin. In a way I was, and still am like you, I was Prom King, captain of the wrestling team, talkative all that stuff. 4.0 student and used to love being around people. However even while on medication I still have down days. There's days that I could hit someone for looking at me. After years of dealing with that feeling and learning that all is not bad you learn to cope. The gym has helped me, and Prozac, and you learn about what matters most. Break-ups are especially rough when you have depression man. I just let that fuel my workout in the gym and learn to push that bs out of my head. (Just recently found out my girl was cheating and was using me.) It's rough but you'll pull through man just a down couple days. Let it be your fuel. Good Luck

JackkFrost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't have actual depression but Im bipolar

Wannabeastout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabeastout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabeastout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabeastout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabeastout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabeastout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I began struggling with depression back when I was 13 years old. I'm 17 now, and it's worse than ever. I'm not usually the type to go seeking help on the internet, but I've gotten to the point where i'll do anything. Other than my gf recently leaving me, I haven't had really any extremely hard things happen to me in my lifetime. I've got a good life, good family, money, great education, potential, friends, etc... Life just constantly feels meaningless though. I know it's stupid and irrational, but I constantly struggle with bitterness, anger, and depression and I'm not even sure why. I used to be a fairly talkative, funny guy, but I barely even talk anymore. I'm very monotone, stone faced, and robotic. I feel apathetic and don't really care about anything. I used to like being around people, but I hate it now and prefer being alone. The only thing that give me any happiness or relief anymore is weightlifting. I've begun training 6 days a week, 3 hours a day just to get relief. I know my problem probably sounds irrational and retarded, but I need some help/advice. After almost 5 years of feeling hopeless and angry, i'll do just about anything. Have any of you guys ever struggle with this and overcome it? Do you have any tips or advice?

First things first, follow your profile name. That being said I was in the same boat as you. But I won't give "advice", I'll just state my experience, hopefully you'll benefit.
    So growing up I was sensitive and never too popular and so the neighbour kids loved to leave me crying. Naturally it sapped my morale, and in school I had people mock me for a flatulence problem. I kinda became stoic, and most other related terms. Started getting to new wave dark themed metal bands. Which threw me deeper into the rabbit hole.

How did I get out?
    Well it began when my parents decided I needed help (we went to a homeopath), ( aloepethic drugs generally work superficially so to speak and can get users into addictions).
    The oportunity to vent out to a random person who wouldn't judge me helped, soon I could vent to my own loved ones as well.
    2. I Mixed these sad **** with happier songs ( MJ, PELLe K, FOO FIGHTERS TENACIOUS D, WEIRD AL).So I stopped wallowing in self pity.
    3. I kinda stopped thinking when I shouldn't.
    Ex:
    Me when anxious at a social situation, awkward silence, sweat, no eye contact. .
    Me-anxiety- funny jokes, he'll I managed to make a new friend just before a JEE entrance exam. ONLY CAUSE I WASN'T NERVOUS.
    4. FIND A PET PROJECT: Drums, Poetry, Painting anything. When you're busy, you're free from negative thoughts. Plus you get a feeling of self value and love. Lastly it gives you sth to talk about.
    Ex:-
    Me (earlier)
    Friend: so sup
    Me :Nm

Now:
    My crush :So sup
    Me: apart from studies I've been working out. And I'm planning to grow out my hair
    Her:you totally should. You'd look sexy.

(Long conversation began here)

5 All this kinda takes away from your depression. Ive now reached a state of self love. And I don't give a **** about what others may say. I'm a frivolous person by nature, but I've realised that there are people who hate me for it, but then there are those who love me for it. And am I gonna even enjoy the company of people who hate me?? Of course.

NOTE:
    AND THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT. SHARE IT WITH ANY DEPRESSED PERSON YOU KNOW

there's a huge!! Difference between emotional numbness and the hiding of emotions as compared to self love and being in a good place emotionally

Wannabeastout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabeastout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabeastout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabeastout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabeastout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabeastout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    PS: for full disclosure I wasn't "medically depressed" , I suffered from panic attacks and anxiety. I would want to hack my friends phones and see if they were more popular than me. Yep, I was pretty bad

footballmad978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 16 and I only get depressed about football everything else I'm fine with but all my confidence and happiness is around how well I play if I play well I have a huge boost and everything else goes up if I play badly I lose it and go out of control in everything it's probably because it means so much to me but if you ever feel down just think that there are people in much worse positions than you are

lolman70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hell yes and still have problems with depression. Lifting seems to help and gives me something to focus on and try to become better at. Some days I feel so pessimistic; those are the days that I lift the hardest. Turn it into a positive thing. Use the anger and frustration as fuel for your progress.
    Best lifts
    Squat: 365
    Bench: 260
    DL: 420

BenThereBefore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FeelTheFear View Post
    Tell anyone who tells you not to go on antidepressents to **** off. Anyone who says that kind of stuff about drugs in general needs to go jump off the nearest bridge.
    Maybe you shouldn't be talking about jumping off a bridge in a thread about depression...

dannyoak41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Depression is super common like almost everyone struggles with it... alot of people say "just focus on improving and goals" but this does help in my experience because once u achieve the goal u worked so hard to achieve u realize that ur still empty and unsatisfied.. u realize that ur goal turned out to be meaningless..

sikknt7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes, but then I ask myself the question: "why does it bother me, I can just workout, go to parties and get bitches" because in life, it's important to have FUN. Instead of spending your time crying about the past you should get up and go to the gym or do some hardcore home workouts. There is help for you but really, if you ask me, it's not worth it. Refresh your mind by doing something you love. Play soccer/basketball/football or go to the gym and enjoy your life to the fullest, because it doesn't last forever.

deivisbiceps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Man just try to focus on your goals and also try to keep yourself occupied with activity, i personally suffer with the same thing but i notice only when i have nothing to do or right before bed is when it hits me the most. I feel like a beta piece of **** when it hits me but i think it is normal for teenagers. What i like doing when feeling lonely or depressed is talk to myself in my mind(srs) i know it may sound weird as **** but when i am out of the gym i feel like i dont belong in this world and the only person that can help me is myself. The before sleeping thing got fixed once i started thinking about the exercises i am going to do the next day. Good luck bro

pineapplepasta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was depressed this past year with roots going back long before. Always went on hour-long runs in nature thinking about sharing the experience with a girl. I still haven't done that. I've managed to girls I liked and ask for phone numbers, and got them, and texted, but they all cut me loose. Then I learned I deserve nothing. I learned who my real friends are, and who my real fiends are. I quit my sport where my coach kept me on JV. I had the best stats in the state.

I have to cut my own path through this jungle. Started hitting the gym everyday. Started giving a **** about my diet. Started giving a **** about myself. Because nobody else will give a ****.

romanmoore11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You sound like my kind of dude who puts in the effort in things but at some point you have to realise that weight lifting is not the only thing you have.You need to think about a goal long or short term that will give more meaning to your life outside superficial ****. I was depressed but once you find something you are passionate about and set out to accomplish you will find more meaning in your life.

Unregistered Alpha Luisthepaisa's Avatar
    Luisthepaisa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luisthepaisa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luisthepaisa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luisthepaisa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luisthepaisa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luisthepaisa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luisthepaisa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luisthepaisa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luisthepaisa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luisthepaisa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luisthepaisa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't even know if anyone is gonna read this. I've been depressed for as long as I can remember,never been constantly happy for more then 2 or 3 months maye even 1. It's hard being diagnosed with polyps at the age of 10 and having to get surgery every year knowing that i have such high chance of getting cancer like my dad also did but eventually beat it and its harder to deal with your brother being schizophrenic and not being able to help him and seeing everyday get worse and worse.feels bad never having had my first girlfriend even though I'm already a senior or at lest knowing that someone likes you and feeling as if no female even notices you and having to go school seeing the halls fullnof happy couples makes it even worse then it already is.and recently I got friend zoned for being to muh of a puss to make a move and to make it worse having to sit in class with her in class even though I know she just got a boyfriend and trying to act like if everything is alright even though I feel like **** for knowing that I never even had a chance with her that she already was talking to someone else.My only friends rarely invite me anywhere and when they doI just feel like they just invited me out of pity. My whole life I have never felt truly happy other then those few rare moments. Recently I have just started crying myself mostly every night while feeling worthless. Probably no body gonna read this but just fet like writing this before trying to go to sleep as you can see its all over the place just said everything in my mind now I feel even worse
    Current lifts:
    Flat bench press 195 1 rm
    Squat: 230 3 rm( before messing back up)
    deadlift: 240 1 rm( before messing back up)
    Avi not current

Xoer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xoer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xoer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xoer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xoer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xoer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xoer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xoer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xoer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xoer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xoer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Depressed lonely phuck checking in. Actually my therapist says I'm not depressed which makes everything even more confusing, yet this summer I only left my room when going to the gym.

I just don't know how I fell so deep into loneliness. I didn't even see the faces of my so called 'friends'. I don't even know tbh I'll just spill my anger on the weights for now.

the rough acne that I've been having may have caused this BUT I DONT EVEN ****ING KNOW WHAT IT IS

Thing is I started working out hopefuly getting aesthetic as phuck in 1 year but the proces takes longer than i expected and ended up dissapointed aswell.

7stWeakling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7stWeakling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7stWeakling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7stWeakling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7stWeakling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7stWeakling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7stWeakling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7stWeakling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7stWeakling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7stWeakling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7stWeakling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes, me. I currently have a head full of stitches because of it. If anybody ever needs depression or psychosis help, though, you can always talk to me.

AR10K is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Running

Have you tried running it releases endorphins that make you have that make you feel better. not to mention helps you set goals for your self all while getting healthy. I have used an app called RunHeart Fitness GPS tracker and Heart Rate to measure my goals and set new ones it gives purpose. its available for iOS if you have an iPhone or iPod Touch.

scumblack24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scumblack24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scumblack24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Look, I changed a lot too since I hit puberty and I've struggled with the same things as you except I didn't only have problems with my own but a lot with my family. It's normal to be a sociopath when you are a teen just keep in mind that you will not be the same in 5-6 years. About your girlfriend, probably not your fault she left you she just a regular hoe. My advice is maybe seek help from a psychologist/therapist or just don't do anything you'll eventually change
    "Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up"

malekissocool is on a distinguished road. (+10) malekissocool is on a distinguished road. (+10) malekissocool is on a distinguished road. (+10) malekissocool is on a distinguished road. (+10) malekissocool is on a distinguished road. (+10) malekissocool is on a distinguished road. (+10) malekissocool is on a distinguished road. (+10) malekissocool is on a distinguished road. (+10) malekissocool is on a distinguished road. (+10) malekissocool is on a distinguished road. (+10) malekissocool is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I understand how a lot of you feel. I feel like one day everything that's bad that makes me sad inside will go away as long as I do good things and accomplish a lot. that's just how I deal with it. we're all gonna make it brahs

Beefynattyteen is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Find a friend or someone that you can trust and open up to them, talk to them. I was sucidal for 4 years, Im finally free. Depression is a mean prison villan, you have to fight it or it will kill you. It'll be scary to tell someone about personal things. But until you start being true to yourself, until you start talking about it, until you disect things for the way they are vs the way you want them to be, you will never break through depression. Its hard and I completely emphatize you but FIGHT MAN, dont let this thing have you over. Best of luck.

Unrevealed is not very well liked. (-100) Unrevealed is not very well liked. (-100) Unrevealed is not very well liked. (-100) Unrevealed is not very well liked. (-100) Unrevealed is not very well liked. (-100) Unrevealed is not very well liked. (-100) Unrevealed is not very well liked. (-100) Unrevealed is not very well liked. (-100) Unrevealed is not very well liked. (-100) Unrevealed is not very well liked. (-100) Unrevealed is not very well liked. (-100)
    vghvhgv

JinxViper is not very well liked. (-100) JinxViper is not very well liked. (-100) JinxViper is not very well liked. (-100) JinxViper is not very well liked. (-100) JinxViper is not very well liked. (-100) JinxViper is not very well liked. (-100) JinxViper is not very well liked. (-100) JinxViper is not very well liked. (-100) JinxViper is not very well liked. (-100) JinxViper is not very well liked. (-100) JinxViper is not very well liked. (-100)
    I used to in middle/high school and I learned that meds didn't really help, it's most important to get outside the house enough, have a few close friends that you trust, cut negative stuff and people out of your life and take time to de-stress and meditate. Find things you care about and work towards, things you care about even when they don't make you happy. People you care about even when it ain't all sunshine and rainbows. A healthy diet and exercise and getting enough sleep and water also helps mood of course. And remember that even if you've got 10 problems you can't fix, find 90 awesome things you love in life and then it's only 10% of the stuff on your mind.

There'll be days and nights you can't control or explain why you feel like **** but you can make an arsenal of things to help you out on those days. Make a playlist of songs that comfort you, get a fluffy blanket, have some movies you've been wanting to see and take a hot bath with nice smelling soap. Self care lol.

Best of luck.

Tallmigget has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tallmigget has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tallmigget has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tallmigget has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tallmigget has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tallmigget has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tallmigget has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Just be happy.

I'm not kidding, I know this sounds like the mouth pretentious, sarcastic ****, but this is how I got better. I was suffering from CFS, a disease that I wont go into, I trained hard and ate loads and was still small and still sad. It took me a while to except that I wasnt gonna be able to get strong, and that made me really depressed. I sought therapists and tried distracting myself with hobbies, but at the end of the day, the time before I went to sleep, it always hit me, and I just couldn't sleep. In the end, I tried this:

Act retardly optimistic and happy until you are.

And it worked, it took me 7 months but by the end of it I was genuinely happy. And just to make things better, without even realising it I had beaten my CFS and was able to workout again.

Its hard, I know, but it get easier every single day.

THrowawayboyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THrowawayboyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THrowawayboyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THrowawayboyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THrowawayboyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THrowawayboyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THrowawayboyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

For me it comes in waves. Sometimes you feel great for months then other times you feel like **** for months. Don't know what to say tohelp you, but it could always be worse.

Obimba is not very well liked. (-100) Obimba is not very well liked. (-100) Obimba is not very well liked. (-100) Obimba is not very well liked. (-100) Obimba is not very well liked. (-100) Obimba is not very well liked. (-100) Obimba is not very well liked. (-100) Obimba is not very well liked. (-100) Obimba is not very well liked. (-100) Obimba is not very well liked. (-100) Obimba is not very well liked. (-100)
    Depression is real