Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Samuuu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Samuuu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Samuuu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Samuuu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Samuuu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Samuuu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Samuuu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Samuuu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Samuuu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Samuuu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Samuuu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    going to start 5 days a week
    Aim - 165lbs work it do it make it stronger!

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by geek23ka View Post
    DD i don't know how it will play out and reading up on what she did (bc wow) i certoinly know i can't do super low intake. i think 1200kcal is possible, but not lower. i just don't have that in me.

i'm excited you're doing it this year! i read your posts.
    1200 is starvation to me. I eat a lot. A LOT. The body can handle just about anything for limited periods of time. For me, though, I think, it would be too psychologically damaging...I could easily see refeeds getting out of control.

Yeah, I once year I suck it up and get nice and lean, I'm looking at local shows that will coincide with the end of the challenge. I've never done a show before, I'm not really into forking out all kindsa dough just to have a shot at a plastic trophy, but having the EXPERIENCE of competing I think may make me more marketable as a (part time) nutritionist/trainer?
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    1200 is starvation to me. I eat a lot. A LOT. The body can handle just about anything for limited periods of time. For me, though, I think, it would be too psychologically damaging...I could easily see refeeds getting out of control.

Yeah, I once year I suck it up and get nice and lean, I'm looking at local shows that will coincide with the end of the challenge. I've never done a show before, I'm not really into forking out all kindsa dough just to have a shot at a plastic trophy, but having the EXPERIENCE of competing I think may make me more marketable as a (part time) nutritionist/trainer?
    Especially when you win and get on of those plastic trophies, lots folks @ shows don't look 1/2 as good as you.
    Have you perused any of last years pics top 3 in the division you want to compete in? It's amazing sometimes how good/bad the competition can be.

My division here would be pretty competitive. I'm going to go spectate at the shows I have in mind in March/April to asses what derp level is. I've seen a few not ready types on the website, not going to do that doe. Idk when I'll be "ready" but it's still a goal.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1200 is starvation to me, too. it might not work for 12 weeks, but i've had good runs for 2 to 3 weeks at a time. i still have *so* much fat to lose and have been at this for such a long time. i want to try to get a bunch of work done in a short time and then slow down again for a while. i am pretty anxious to start eating at maintenance/slightly above and training for a powerlifting competition!

i will definitely be watching you guy to see what you all are doing.

i signed up, but i have never ventured into the bodyspace section very much, so i don't really know what we are supposed to be reading. is it just the feed of comments at the bottom of the 100kT bodyspace page? or, is this thread really the best support for those whoa re doing this?

also, DD you should go for becoming a nutritionist/trainer! you have so much energy and are so positive.

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You've already been cutting for 12 weeks? Damn, how much longer do you plan to go for?
    Ive been cutting since July-ish but slowly with lots of breaks and refeeds. Only 12 pounds total since then so nearly a 2 pound a month total. But i would like to do a show so I need to get serious about it. I have a 15 - 20 pound expected weight loss to hit the stage, I figure 10 - 12 of that can be in done in the transformation challenge.
    My goal is to hit 105 within the contest itself. Even if I dont win anything, that alone would be amazing for me. That was my start weight in 2010 and I want to see how I have changed and what else is under this fat, lol!
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i signed up, but i have never ventured into the bodyspace section very much, so i don't really know what we are supposed to be reading. is it just the feed of comments at the bottom of the 100kT bodyspace page? or, is this thread really the best support for those whoa re doing this?
    Not much to be done in bodyspace. Really just Post before and after and write a body blog post at end about the transformation. Some people blog about their transformation and do the full social media thing, not required.

Progress pics, and measurements feature in bodyspace is not bad. Kept organized by date and entry by the system. Other than that I don't use it much myself. I will post a link to my log in my fit status to lure people into the forums, and keep up with a few friends that dont use the forums much.

There is a dymatize bodygroup; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/group.php?groupid=41542

It has a lot of brand new lifters usually, mega bro science threads abound. But has its moments. Used to be any weekly prizes were given out in the body group, but this year it is supposed to be emailed challenges which evidently will have a social media tilt.

There is usually a contest thread in the supp transformation forum forum too, but as of now its just last years:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=150494573

IMO, this thread is numero uno resource
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

mtbkr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mtbkr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mtbkr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mtbkr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mtbkr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mtbkr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mtbkr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mtbkr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mtbkr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mtbkr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mtbkr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My macros are set at 1500 cals - 113g pro, 113g carbs, 67g fats (from the discussion on the previous page). I also started a new Body Blog section so I can put updates in there 6 days to go!!

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    Have you perused any of last years pics top 3 in the division you want to compete in? It's amazing sometimes how good/bad the competition can be.

I have, (and I'll ONLY say this here because otherwise it just makes me sound like a miserable c*nt) and it ain't pretty. What passes as "figure" here is a joke. I'd dwarf the other competitors---BBing is really my only option for local comps. And then, only about 15-20% of them are anywhere lean enough to be up on that stage. I hear sooooo many "I lost 70 pounds and my trainer said I should do a comp." As a trainer, I know it's an old trick to make sure clients re-sign for more session/packages. If you have to suck in your stomach while you[re up there...well, you shouldn't be up there.

When you're ready to get your trophy let me know. I'll be your biggest front row cheering section.

1200 is starvation to me, too. it might not work for 12 weeks, but i've had good runs for 2 to 3 weeks at a time. i still have *so* much fat to lose and have been at this for such a long time. i want to try to get a bunch of work done in a short time and then slow down again for a while. i am pretty anxious to start eating at maintenance/slightly above and training for a powerlifting competition!

i will definitely be watching you guy to see what you all are doing.

also, DD you should go for becoming a nutritionist/trainer! you have so much energy and are so positive.
    Thanks. I do have PT and nutrition certs. I worked in a gym 2009-2011 but it just wasn't for me. Well, the dough sucks first and foremost. The main part of the job was hustling up clients to break out their checkbooks.

What I am eventually hoping to do is---in addition to the local bootcamps I run here spring through fall---is garner up a nice collection of on-line peeps; kinda in the realm of what Kimm does. (maybe she'll even send me some of her overflow from time to time! ) But having competition experience could only HELP me in that regard. Especially if I place or win.

This thread was my main log last year...I'm gonna try and be a bit more active on the bodyspace thing this time around. I tried logging my training session on the mobile app yesterday but my phone is sooooo slow. I have so much music and crap on there. I need the 16 mb or gb or whatever the **** it is, and Im not due for an upgrade until August. And I wanna get out of the contract anyway so grabbing on my kid's upgrade would lock me in for yet another 2 years...

I'll concede that losing a big amount quickly in the beginning serves as a HUGE motivator for the rest of the journey. I guess that's why Atkins and the rest have those "induction" phases. Seeing 5 pounds disappear from the scale---whether it's fat or water or fairy dust and magic---makes it easier to make those smart choices in week 2 and beyond.

Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    Ive been cutting since July-ish but slowly with lots of breaks and refeeds. Only 12 pounds total since then so nearly a 2 pound a month total. But i would like to do a show so I need to get serious about it. I have a 15 - 20 pound expected weight loss to hit the stage, I figure 10 - 12 of that can be in done in the transformation challenge.
    My goal is to hit 105 within the contest itself. Even if I dont win anything, that alone would be amazing for me. That was my start weight in 2010 and I want to see how I have changed and what else is under this fat, lol!
    I only lost just about that in last year's challenge---and 12 pounds of fat was enough to COMPLETELY change my physique! True, my legs weren't nearly as muscular as I thought they were, lol. We're short---12 pounds is like 3 pants sizes! I remember (I think!) seeing your pics at 2010...you looked really good! That same weight with more muscle will look dynamite/

Congrats to you for staying the course that long. I half-assed it the first week and a half, so really only STARTED by the middle of week 2. And by week 10 I was slipping again a little, with portion sizes and not measuring my coffee creamer.
    Not much to be done in bodyspace. Really just Post before and after and write a body blog post at end about the transformation. Some people blog about their transformation and do the full social media thing, not required.

Progress pics, and measurements feature in bodyspace is not bad. Kept organized by date and entry by the system. Other than that I don't use it much myself. I will post a link to my log in my fit status to lure people into the forums, and keep up with a few friends that dont use the forums much.

There is a dymatize bodygroup; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/group.php?groupid=41542

It has a lot of brand new lifters usually, mega bro science threads abound. But has its moments. Used to be any weekly prizes were given out in the body group, but this year it is supposed to be emailed challenges which evidently will have a social media tilt.

There is usually a contest thread in the supp transformation forum forum too, but as of now its just last years:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=150494573

IMO, this thread is numero uno resource
    Me too.

Last year, I'd lurk in the other "official" thread for ****s and giggles. Chaos was HILARIOUS in there---the bro-science and people who claimed they had so many "haterz" was astounding.

Originally Posted by mtbkr View Post
    My macros are set at 1500 cals - 113g pro, 113g carbs, 67g fats (from the discussion on the previous page). I also started a new Body Blog section so I can put updates in there 6 days to go!!
    I'll be sure to read!

I am doing Jim Stoppanis Shortcut To Size; day One completed yesterday. I'll confess here: for 5 years I have been hitting legs 2x per week. My legs and ass are my worst bodyparts, and I was (am) very nervous about only one session per week. Day one was chest, tris, and calves. So in between standing calf raise sets (I did them on the v-squat machine) I did 20-rep squats and in between seated calf raises, I did sets of GHRs on the seated calf machine. Don't tell anyone.
    For what I don't know

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have entered.

Just had my body fat tested for the first time yesterday.

Weight: 374.5
    Bodyfat: 35.2%
    Lean: 242.7
    Fat: 131.8
    RMR: 2922

Given only 12 weeks I know I will have to lose lean weight as well as fat. I can accept that.

Going for 100lbs weight loss 80/20 fat to muscle or better. This would put me in the 275lb weight class for powerlifting.

This is going to be exciting. Best of luck to everyone else competing!

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi, kids. I'm in.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hammerfelt View Post
    I have entered.

Given only 12 weeks I know I will have to lose lean weight as well as fat. I can accept that.

Going for 100lbs weight loss 80/20 fat to muscle or better. This would put me in the 275lb weight class for powerlifting.

holy ****!!! that's a LOT of muscle mass! what are your lift numbers?

Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    Hi, kids. I'm in.
    drea! hi.

EjnarKolinkar - thank you so much for the info and links.

i think we have a great group here. i am going to be reading this thread at least once a day for motivation and inspiration.

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    holy ****!!! that's a LOT of muscle mass! what are your lift numbers?
    Raw competition numbers
    Squat 661 belt, 606 no belt
    Bench 430
    Dead Lift 612

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have, (and I'll ONLY say this here because otherwise it just makes me sound like a miserable c*nt) and it ain't pretty. What passes as "figure" here is a joke. I'd dwarf the other competitors---BBing is really my only option for local comps. And then, only about 15-20% of them are anywhere lean enough to be up on that stage. I hear sooooo many "I lost 70 pounds and my trainer said I should do a comp." As a trainer, I know it's an old trick to make sure clients re-sign for more session/packages. If you have to suck in your stomach while you[re up there...well, you shouldn't be up there.

When you're ready to get your trophy let me know. I'll be your biggest front row cheering section.

Thanks. I do have PT and nutrition certs. I worked in a gym 2009-2011 but it just wasn't for me. Well, the dough sucks first and foremost. The main part of the job was hustling up clients to break out their checkbooks.

What I am eventually hoping to do is---in addition to the local bootcamps I run here spring through fall---is garner up a nice collection of on-line peeps; kinda in the realm of what Kimm does. (maybe she'll even send me some of her overflow from time to time! ) But having competition experience could only HELP me in that regard. Especially if I place or win.

This thread was my main log last year...I'm gonna try and be a bit more active on the bodyspace thing this time around. I tried logging my training session on the mobile app yesterday but my phone is sooooo slow. I have so much music and crap on there. I need the 16 mb or gb or whatever the **** it is, and Im not due for an upgrade until August. And I wanna get out of the contract anyway so grabbing on my kid's upgrade would lock me in for yet another 2 years...

I'll concede that losing a big amount quickly in the beginning serves as a HUGE motivator for the rest of the journey. I guess that's why Atkins and the rest have those "induction" phases. Seeing 5 pounds disappear from the scale---whether it's fat or water or fairy dust and magic---makes it easier to make those smart choices in week 2 and beyond.

I only lost just about that in last year's challenge---and 12 pounds of fat was enough to COMPLETELY change my physique! True, my legs weren't nearly as muscular as I thought they were, lol. We're short---12 pounds is like 3 pants sizes! I remember (I think!) seeing your pics at 2010...you looked really good! That same weight with more muscle will look dynamite/

Congrats to you for staying the course that long. I half-assed it the first week and a half, so really only STARTED by the middle of week 2. And by week 10 I was slipping again a little, with portion sizes and not measuring my coffee creamer.

Me too.

Last year, I'd lurk in the other "official" thread for ****s and giggles. Chaos was HILARIOUS in there---the bro-science and people who claimed they had so many "haterz" was astounding.

I'll be sure to read!

I am doing Jim Stoppanis Shortcut To Size; day One completed yesterday. I'll confess here: for 5 years I have been hitting legs 2x per week. My legs and ass are my worst bodyparts, and I was (am) very nervous about only one session per week. Day one was chest, tris, and calves. So in between standing calf raise sets (I did them on the v-squat machine) I did 20-rep squats and in between seated calf raises, I did sets of GHRs on the seated calf machine. Don't tell anyone.
    I dont know if i should be sad or happy for the competition aspect of where you are at. Here in so cal, its a tough world and it seems like every one has fake boobies to boot

When i started in Jan 2010 I was 105 and about 35% body fat, so skinny fat. By the end of that year I had picked up a bit of muscle.
    If my calculations are right (and i could be off a bit) I should be 25% now and 105 this year would put me at the 18% mark. That would be the lowest i have ever hit (sad but true) but would be be a loss of 18% body fat and a gain of 16 or so pounds of muscle in the 4 years. And really that is the transformation i am wanting to see.

I like the "new" bodyspace. I am still figuring out where some things are and how they work but I have been logging my last 10 or so weeks there and just started logging my workouts there as well. I plan to keep up with the logging in the body blog.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

kassiebby1124 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kassiebby1124 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kassiebby1124 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kassiebby1124 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kassiebby1124 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kassiebby1124 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kassiebby1124 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kassiebby1124 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kassiebby1124 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kassiebby1124 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kassiebby1124 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    May I join this thread? I'm kinda nervous about this weight loss challenge. I want to win, lol. But I want to be healthy. Can I just continue to do All Pros and my cardio and see results? Or should I do one of the plans offered? I do All Pros 3x a week, LISS cardio 3x a week and HIIT 2-3x a week. I eat 1632 calories a day. Please help, lol.

Please add me (:

hey kassie! i'm glad you stopped in the thread. i remember you from the challenge weight loss threads in the losing fat section.

we don't track progress with an excel spreadsheet in this thread. it's support only. you can post your workouts here, or nutrition info. i think i am going to post my calorie intake here daily as soon as the contest starts.

there are *lots* of very motivated and informed people in this thread, which is why i am following it.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In! (Again!)
    BIG HUGS!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you've come back this year!!! It wouldn't be the same without you.

Her before and after pics sure did have a "WOW!" factor. And anyone can take this with a grain of salt, but unless someone truly feels they're a legit contender to win the 50k, I wouldn't recommend crash dieting. This wasn't FuFu's first rodeo...she's experienced enough to do it with minimal damage.
    Birdie was amazing (I'm gonna have to send her a message to see if she is coming again). We actually kind of worked this competition in with her goals. She has been riding maintenance for a while and we decided to use the comp as a tool to stay on track for 12 weeks. Refeeds will be regularly worked into her schedule.

OK, see journal for my general brain damage making programming changes and general chitstorm that will ensue lol.

+

I'll be posting macros Like dis>

2,468 C231 F98 P196
    Awesome... I've been horrible with journals (as usual). I'll be catching up tonight.

Originally Posted by Samuuu View Post
    going to start 5 days a week
    Details!!! What about your diet plans?

Wow... That's a long time dieting... I feel for you... and as DD said... 12 pounds at your size is a monstrous change.

Originally Posted by mtbkr View Post
    Consider doing a weekly refeed. Planned weekly breaks can really take the pain out of a diet. A single weekly day slightly above maint (probably 2100 cals) can help in a number of ways. You could even drop to 1400 with a single refeed to keep the weekly intake about the same as it is now. Alternatively, you can do them every 2 weeks instead of weekly. I suggest some form of regular refeed for anyone dieting.

That place made my head hurt.

Hmmm.... definitely log somewhere (here). I would be interested in seeing how one of these boxed programs work.

I have entered.

Holy Sh*t.... The big man himself... Good to have you here!

I don't think you have to worry as much about losing strength as you think. You definitely have a lofty goal, but if your diet is set up properly, and you match your programming to accommodate your diet, you will actually experience very little loss of lean mass and very little strength loss. You will experience a significant loss in performance, but that is quickly regained when you end your diet.

I'll send you a message later....
    Last edited by acrawlingchaos; 01-07-2014 at 09:52 AM.

kassiebby1124 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kassiebby1124 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kassiebby1124 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kassiebby1124 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kassiebby1124 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kassiebby1124 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kassiebby1124 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kassiebby1124 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kassiebby1124 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kassiebby1124 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kassiebby1124 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey kassie! i'm glad you stopped in the thread. i remember you from the challenge weight loss threads in the losing fat section.

we don't track progress with an excel spreadsheet in this thread. it's support only. you can post your workouts here, or nutrition info. i think i am going to post my calorie intake here daily as soon as the contest starts.

there are *lots* of very motivated and informed people in this thread, which is why i am following it.
    I love that. Because I don't weigh myself every week lol. I'd probably log my big accomplishments like upping my weight or cardio time (: Thank you for accepting me

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kassiebby1124 View Post
    May I join this thread? I'm kinda nervous about this weight loss challenge. I want to win, lol. But I want to be healthy. Can I just continue to do All Pros and my cardio and see results? Or should I do one of the plans offered? I do All Pros 3x a week, LISS cardio 3x a week and HIIT 2-3x a week. I eat 1632 calories a day. Please help, lol.

Please add me (:
    Welcome to the thread. Feel free to post your workouts/vids/diet info. All pros is a great program and there is no need to change anything.

As far as calories.... 1600-1700 is a good place to start at your activity level. Are you tracking/weighing/counting all macro/calories?

Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    Welcome to the thread. Feel free to post your workouts/vids/diet info. All pros is a great program and there is no need to change anything.

As far as calories.... 1600-1700 is a good place to start at your activity level. Are you tracking/weighing/counting all macro/calories?
    Yes (:
    I've lost 80lbs but it was mostly cardio. I stalled out because I didn't know I wasn't supposed to eat back my TDEE -20% lol. I have a good scale and track my macros as best I can. I use MyFitnessPal

Here is the progress from August to the other day

And this is the progress from Feb 2012 to November 2013.

Its so funny because for the longest time i thought i wasnt seeing any progress, but now i am pretty happy with the changes.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    drea! hi.
    ::waving:: Hi Geek!
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looks like you put on quite a bit of muscle! Congratz.

My plan is pretty simple. I'm going to track my calories on Myfitnesspal, eating 1800 calories a day. I figure by mid April I should have lost at least 15 pounds, which'll really improve how I look with no shirt on.

For exercise I'm going to continue what I've been doing:

Day 1: 10x10 squats, very slowly increasing the weight, especially with the cut.
    Day 2: 10x10 incline press and bent over row. even slower progress than squats.
    Day 3: 5x10 leg curls, standing calf raises, and weighted crunches.
    Day 4: 8x10 of standing shoulder press and preacher curls.
    Repeat, with Saturdays off.
    May 3 - 183 ; May 10 - 181; May 17 - 181; May 24 - 181; May 30 - 178.5 ; Jun 7 - 176.5; Jun 14 - 174.5; Jun 20 - 173;
    Jun 28 - 172.5; July 5th - 171; July 12th - 171; July 19 - 170;

So I'm fighting off a head cold but today is my HIIT day...should I still do it? I just have a stuffy nose and a kind tickle in my nose from post nasal drip

Also, realistically, how much can a person of my stats lose on this?

I'm 5'4
    193.6lbs
    36.2%
    Apple shape

All pros 3x a week
    LISS 3x a week (lifting days)
    HIIT 2-3x a week

Calories: 1632
    Macros-
    Carbs: 143
    Fats: 45
    Protein: 163

My weight goal is to be 160ish and to lose 6-10% body fat but I'm not sure if that's realistic.
    Last edited by kassiebby1124; 01-07-2014 at 02:18 PM.

davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kassiebby1124 View Post
    So I'm fighting off a head cold but today is my HIIT day...should I still do it? I just have a stuffy nose and a kind tickle in my nose from post nasal drip

Also, realistically, how much can a person of my stats lose on this?

My weight goal is to be 160ish and to lose 6-10% body fat but I'm not sure if that's realistic.
    On being sick: I think your body will tell you pretty fast if you aren't feeling well enough to do the exercise. Myself, I only skip workouts when I'm so sick I'd skip work.

On fat loss: I think losing about 1 pound a week (plus 5 pounds the first week in water weight) is perfectly reasonable for fat loss at that weight. So that'd be around 6 tor 8% body fat (or 20 pounds) depending on how well everything goes. Since you are weight lifting and I assume tracking your macros, I imagine it'll go quite well.
    May 3 - 183 ; May 10 - 181; May 17 - 181; May 24 - 181; May 30 - 178.5 ; Jun 7 - 176.5; Jun 14 - 174.5; Jun 20 - 173;
    Jun 28 - 172.5; July 5th - 171; July 12th - 171; July 19 - 170;

And this is the progress from Feb 2012 to November 2013.

Its so funny because for the longest time i thought i wasnt seeing any progress, but now i am pretty happy with the changes.

Very obvious progress
    For what I don't know

Happy birthday chaos
    For what I don't know

Hey, good you made it. 275 class wont know what hit them

Sometimes it feels like watching grass grow. Some really good muscle gains there, nice work.

Plowed through my HIIT today. Didn't get to go as intense as I wanted but I did get it done (:
    153 cals in 15mins. Rewarded my myself with a lettuce wrapped turkey burger.

Very obvious progress
    Sometimes it feels like watching grass grow. Some really good muscle gains there, nice work.
    Thank you and that is exactly how i was feeling, like watching grass grow.

And happy birthday to chaos too!!
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Walked around my back yard yesterday. .91 miles. Going to make the inner loop a little bigger and walk around it twice to get up to a mile.