Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50)

SMOLOV JR bench log

Alright, so I decided to give the Smolov jr bench routine a go.
    My max is 320, which I just hit 2 days ago.
    Today was 6x6@225 (70%)
    It was a lot tougher than i had imagined it would be... Of course none of the sets were a challenge to finish obviously, but still, the bar speed slowed down considerably towards the last reps of the last few sets. I have to add though that many of the reps were paused reps
    Also was not truly in it mentally the first 2 sets, it wasnt until the 3rd set that I finally nailed the form down and got into the groove. But things did get better as the sets progressed
    This is probably due to the fact that I usually rep 225 for 3 as a warmup set, so im not used to 225 being my main working sets.
    Overall, session didnt go as well as I had planned, hoping that 7x5@240 on wednesday will go better

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good luck man. Mondays imho should not be difficult. I always wanted to cut them out because they were too easy.... let the week play out but you don't want to be slowing down too much on your 6x6 day
    771/645/622 Single Ply

Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panterabreh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Torrtrefireto View Post
    Good luck man. Mondays imho should not be difficult. I always wanted to cut them out because they were too easy.... let the week play out but you don't want to be slowing down too much on your 6x6 day
    Thanks for following man! Yeah I'm kinda worried about that too, hopefully it's just due to the fact that I had just 1 rest day between today and my last heavy bench session

Here's a vid of my 5th set of 225x6 from yesterday - I always make sure to tuck my elbows to my sides and lower the barbell to upper belly area, but on the 1st rep I accidentally brought the bar way too low on my belly lol, rest of the set wasn't too bad though... critique on form and how I could improve form are always welcome! I'm working on improving leg drive atm

Had 7x5@240 (70%). Good session, actually felt easier than 6x6@225 - none of the sets were really tough, I even added 5 lbs to the weight (245) for the last 2 sets because 240 was feeling very easy.
    Form was smooth and the reps felt really smooth and controlled, was a lot more into it mentally than on Monday.
    Next up is 8x4@255, hoping to keep the momentum going by nailing all the sets with ease and smooth form.

Yesterday was 8x4@255- nothing really challenging, but definitely wasn't easy for the last few sets. My PR with 255 is 8, so it was a bit surprising to me that on the last few sets the 4th rep wasn't too easy.
    I can definitely feel my form improving - my set up, tightness and leg drive have gotten better, and yesterday the reps were smooth and controlled.
    In for 10x3@270 today... been eating a lot in an attempt to recover, 5500 cals and 300+ g of protein yesterday

10x3 with 270 went well, no trouble pushing through the sets.

Here's a vid of one of the last sets:

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looks real good man
    771/645/622 Single Ply

Originally Posted by Torrtrefireto View Post
    Looks real good man
    Thanks

Week 2: Monday

Beginning of week 2, added 10 lbs to my 70% from last week, which came out to be 235. 6x6 with 235 was very easy, went considerably better than 6x6@225 last week. The bar speed didn't slow down on any of the sets, and the form felt good and controlled.
    I like how this routine really enables you to work on your form and trains your CNS to handle heavier weights, I have noticed that thanks to the frequent benching 225 really feels practically like an empty bar. I'm looking forward to 10x3@280 on saturday, hopefully I won't miss any reps.

WEEK 3: WEDNESDAY

250x7x5

VID: 4th set

acr70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acr70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acr70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acr70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acr70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acr70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acr70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acr70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acr70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acr70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acr70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    update us. im going to start this monday