Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by stephanielynn76 View Post
    LOL!!! Welcome aboard!! Yes the nurse/photographer/graphic designer is a weird combo. I used to have a site just for my design work (lots of identity design stuff) but I kinda quit doing that. It got to be too much to do both design and photography so I had to choose one. I keep my photography biz part time taking a limited number of sessions so that I don't go crazy. Here is my site for that if you were curious http://www.stephanielynnphotos.com/blog/ What type of stuff do you design? Uhm and yeah... I got a lot of comments on that particular comparison shot. Brb low box squats working for me I guess... LOL
    Damn you're a photographer too! Likewise, I did all of my transformation pics in my studio. You're like my dream girl, we we're made for each other but just never met. LOL, jk I know you're married, but damn, If I were a doctor that would be it, you would need to get divorced. All in good fun.

And WOW, you are such a talented photographer, you're style is captivating. Just WOW!!!!!!!

I've done everything from working in a print shop to corporate work and now working for the government. I used to do a lot of freelance design/photography work but after getting divorced, the kids and their activities come first.

occasional visitor stephanielynn76's Avatar
    stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by highiso View Post
    Damn you're a photographer too! Likewise, I did all of my transformation pics in my studio. You're like my dream girl, we we're made for each other but just never met. LOL, jk I know you're married, but damn, If I were a doctor that would be it, you would need to get divorced. All in good fun.

And WOW, you are such a talented photographer, you're style is captivating. Just WOW!!!!!!!

I've done everything from working in a print shop to corporate work and now working for the government. I used to do a lot of freelance design/photography work but after getting divorced, the kids and their activities come first.
    Wow thanks for the compliments about my work! I've been shooting for about 6 years. Last year I went all-digital with my sales and I've never been happier. I haven't updated that blog in forever though. I need to. You know, when I saw your username I wondered if you were a photographer as well. I've never seen you over at the misc photography thread though...

highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow thanks for the compliments about my work! I've been shooting for about 6 years. Last year I went all-digital with my sales and I've never been happier. I haven't updated that blog in forever though. I need to. You know, when I saw your username I wondered if you were a photographer as well. I've never seen you over at the misc photography thread though...
    Never checked in there. My equipment sat in boxes over the past 4 years because of the divorce. I dug everything out in September of this year to take my transformation pics. You're definitely gifted. Very nice work.

kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi Steph!! Haven't seen you around MFP lately so I was excited to see a journal for you here!!

First off, you have such beautiful kids!! They are truly gorgeous. How old? They are going to have a blast in Disney. Mine are almost 10 and 12 now so they're over Disney now (sniff!) but we have season passes to Universal which is more their speed. We live only 2 hours south of Orlando, so we're there a lot. If you have any questions let me know! I've been there too many times to count!

Secondly, good god woman your lifts are serious! I can barely lift a 40lb dumbbell with 2 hands, let alone using 2 of them for shoulder press! You've gotten seriously strong. How long did it take to get to that point, i.e. when you started, what weight did you do shoulder presses at and how long did it take to make it this far? I know you're quite a bit taller than me, but I can barely do presses at 15 pounds, let alone 40. That's awesome!

I'm excited for your competition and following you! Looking great already!
    Karen

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Subbed!

Question.... So are you effectively doing a rolling 3 day split, 4 days a week? I'm having trouble with recovery and I'm wondering whether something like this wouold work for me.

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Hi Stephanielynn!

Looking forward to seeing you add some more hardware to that trophy case, girl!
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

â–º â–º â–ºDirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts â—„ â—„ â—„ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    wow !
    I keed, I keed. We have a lot in common. Nobody take a jake around here anymore?

Oh wait I see what you did there.

stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by highiso View Post
    Never checked in there. My equipment sat in boxes over the past 4 years because of the divorce. I dug everything out in September of this year to take my transformation pics. You're definitely gifted. Very nice work.
    You should start shooting more often and sharing your work!!!

Originally Posted by kdiamond55 View Post
    Hi Steph!! Haven't seen you around MFP lately so I was excited to see a journal for you here!!

First off, you have such beautiful kids!! They are truly gorgeous. How old? They are going to have a blast in Disney. Mine are almost 10 and 12 now so they're over Disney now (sniff!) but we have season passes to Universal which is more their speed. We live only 2 hours south of Orlando, so we're there a lot. If you have any questions let me know! I've been there too many times to count!

Secondly, good god woman your lifts are serious! I can barely lift a 40lb dumbbell with 2 hands, let alone using 2 of them for shoulder press! You've gotten seriously strong. How long did it take to get to that point, i.e. when you started, what weight did you do shoulder presses at and how long did it take to make it this far? I know you're quite a bit taller than me, but I can barely do presses at 15 pounds, let alone 40. That's awesome!

I'm excited for your competition and following you! Looking great already!
    Wow... yes if I have any questions about Disney I will let you know! I'm so excited... I can't wait!

As for how I've progress with my strength... back 3 years ago when I was "fat" I was shoulder pressing the 25's for 10+. It took 3 years including 2 bulks to get me up to the 45's X 5-6. You'd be surprised at how much FOOD makes a difference in your training.

Originally Posted by Botika View Post
    Subbed!

Question.... So are you effectively doing a rolling 3 day split, 4 days a week? I'm having trouble with recovery and I'm wondering whether something like this wouold work for me.
    Yes, I'm doing a rolling 3-day split and I love it. My workouts are short and very low volume. I did the high-volume thing for a while and I, too, was having a very hard time recovering from it. I NEVER thought I could make this much progress or be this sore only doing 3 exercises per workout. But the truth is, when I push HARD and give those 3 exercises 100%... it is enough! I also like it because the workouts are intense but they are over much more quickly than when I was doing PHAT. My coach/friend tried to convince me a long time ago to drop the volume but I refused to listen to her. I was worried I would feel like I'm not "doing enough." I have had to eat my words and admit to her that she was right (hahaha... I actually did that tonight over sushi). More isn't always better.

Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    Hi Stephanielynn!

Looking forward to seeing you add some more hardware to that trophy case, girl!
    Welcome IC...

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 9TH

Rotary Calf Press
    125 x 20
    135 x 17
    145 x 12

SLDL
    145 x 10
    155 x 10
    165 x 5 (grip fail)

Leg Press (carriage before putting on weight = 118)
    360 x 10
    410 x 8
    190 x 20 widowmaker

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mind=blown at your photography site, excellent work even outside the gym! Are you the person who posted those fitness photos of you and your friend lifting, I think just in the main Female BBing section? Those were amazing.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Mind=blown at your photography site, excellent work even outside the gym! Are you the person who posted those fitness photos of you and your friend lifting, I think just in the main Female BBing section? Those were amazing.
    Thank you!!! Yes ma'am... that was me! The first friend on there (doing the weighted pull-ups) is my coach. She is a total badass. We are planning to do another chest/arms shoot soon... maybe later this month. I'll most certainly share...

sarahw79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'll be following! And holy smokes, you are STRONG!

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes, I'm doing a rolling 3-day split and I love it. My workouts are short and very low volume. I did the high-volume thing for a while and I, too, was having a very hard time recovering from it. I NEVER thought I could make this much progress or be this sore only doing 3 exercises per workout. But the truth is, when I push HARD and give those 3 exercises 100%... it is enough! I also like it because the workouts are intense but they are over much more quickly than when I was doing PHAT. My coach/friend tried to convince me a long time ago to drop the volume but I refused to listen to her. I was worried I would feel like I'm not "doing enough." I have had to eat my words and admit to her that she was right (hahaha... I actually did that tonight over sushi). More isn't always better.
    I run low volume as well. A big day is a primary BB movement, a similar DB movement, and 2-4 accessories. I rotate the DB and accessory lifts every 3-4 weeks to work on weaknesses.

Keep killing that grip!
    Journal- One of the Ogres
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139651333

pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just looked at all your pics on bodyspace and wow! I am way fatter than you on my 10# bulk lol.
    Srsly impressed.
    And apparently I need to find the link to your photography site...
    My Journal
    Sometimes there's lifting talk. Sometimes notsomuch.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135168601

*Sponsored* ProMera CapsiBlast=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153005161

*Sponsored* ProMera Con-Cret=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146080323&p=907575483&posted=1#post907575483

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

Benched 185x2 and isn't afraid to tell you ALL about it:)

Originally Posted by Big_Sky_Guy View Post
    I run low volume as well. A big day is a primary BB movement, a similar DB movement, and 2-4 accessories. I rotate the DB and accessory lifts every 3-4 weeks to work on weaknesses.

Keep killing that grip!
    Another low-volume trainer! That's good to hear. Have you ever heard of DoggCrapp training? My routine is somewhat based on that. I'mma keep working on the grip.

Originally Posted by sarahw79 View Post
    I'll be following! And holy smokes, you are STRONG!
    haha! Thanks! I'm getting there but I ain't got nothing on some of the amazing ladies here. I have some good girl friends at my gym who also lift and we all tend to be a bit competitive with each other. It's funny how everyone seems to have their "stronger" lifts. I will out-lift my friend on one exercise and she will out-lift me on another. It's all in good fun and great for motivation...

Originally Posted by pharty View Post
    Just looked at all your pics on bodyspace and wow! I am way fatter than you on my 10# bulk lol.
    Srsly impressed.
    And apparently I need to find the link to your photography site...
    Well thanks! I am fortunate in that I do tend to "carry" weight (and fat) fairly well I've been told. Most people look at one's abs as a determinate for how "fat" they are. The brunt of my fat gains are in my inner/outer thighs. Brb bulking up your legs and thinking you've put on some good mass... only to cut and see you've still got sticks under there... LOL Damn fat adds to the illusion...

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well thanks! I am fortunate in that I do tend to "carry" weight (and fat) fairly well I've been told. Most people look at one's abs as a determinate for how "fat" they are. The brunt of my fat gains are in my inner/outer thighs. Brb bulking up your legs and thinking you've put on some good mass... only to cut and see you've still got sticks under there... LOL Damn fat adds to the illusion...
    From looking at photos, it seems to me your quads have grown in leaps and bounds. Very very impressive work.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    From looking at photos, it seems to me your quads have grown in leaps and bounds. Very very impressive work.
    Thanks ma'am... that means a lot coming from you! I hope you are right. My legs had been seriously neglected for much of my early bodybuilding years. I think I actually experienced the "noob gains" phenomenon tbh. I knew my legs were disproportionately small (like those idiots that only train upper body... I used to be one ) so I spent almost 2 whole years training them hard twice a week to catch them up! I can't wait to see what's actually there when I cut!

pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OK I'm not going to post because it's giant the summer '11 to May '12 pic of your quads is just fantastic!
    My Journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146080323&p=907575483&posted=1#post907575483

OK I'm not going to post because it's giant the summer '11 to May '12 pic of your quads is just fantastic!
    Even I was shocked by that! I cannot WAIT to see what's under there now after bulking and gaining strength the last 6 months. I don't think the change will be as drastic but I'm hoping it will at least be noticeable.

potatoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potatoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potatoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potatoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potatoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potatoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potatoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potatoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potatoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potatoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potatoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Plate-load Squat
    290 x 6
    Squatting 290 for reps?!?!?

Originally Posted by potatoe View Post
    Squatting 290 for reps?!?!?

It's a plate-load squat machine bro... it can hardly be compared to free weights. The advantages of it are that I can challenge my strength more with it due to less potential for injury. However, one time I was on it (3PPS) and noticed this big guy on a machine behind me bertstaring. When I got off he said, "Damn you're a beast on that thing for your size." feelsgoodman.

^^I will admit, however, that my free-weight BB squat is rather unimpressive though it is certainly improving.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^^I will admit, however, that my free-weight BB squat is rather unimpressive though it is certainly improving.
    All that matters...

Good workout girlie.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

-H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    . I knew my legs were disproportionately small (like those idiots that only train upper body... I used to be one ) so I spent almost 2 whole years training them hard twice a week to catch them up! I can't wait to see what's actually there when I cut!
    ^^This is me. Your amazing progress gives me hope.
    "You pass on more to your children and your grandchildren than your eye color, your hair color, your crooked smile. You also pass on your enthusiasm, your spirit, your desire to compete. You provide the living example that they can become more than they ever thought they could. Because you did.”
    -- Nike

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Way late to the party but IN!!!!!!

Just read the first two pages - awesome stuff - dang, you are strong

CC
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

MandMMom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How do I "Follow" this blog?

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have the same question actually - currently, I have to keep just looking up all the journals I visit on a regular basis!

CC
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

Originally Posted by MandMMom View Post
    Originally Posted by Cardioconvert View Post
    I have the same question actually - currently, I have to keep just looking up all the journals I visit on a regular basis!

CC
    When you post hit advanced and then...hold on...subscription then you can pick how you want to get emailed.
    My Journal

Originally Posted by MandMMom View Post
    Hey thanks for following!

Originally Posted by Cardioconvert View Post

CC
    When you post hit advanced and then...hold on...subscription then you can pick how you want to get emailed.
    ^^thanks!!!

The way I do it is to go up there to "thread tools" at the top and click "subscribe to this thread."